Howerton's Dunk

Keith7

Howerton really didn't have a good game tonight, but he's had several quality ones as of late, so I'm gonna cut him some slack. :)

I agree completely. Howerton had a couple of really good games these past few weeks. I am very happy for him as a senior..... But tonight he looked like the Howerton of old.

I agree completely. Howerton had a couple of really good games these past few weeks. I am very happy for him as a senior..... But tonight he looked like the Howerton of old.

Putting the ball on the floor in the lane, NO; throwing the ball away on a nice board, NO; showing his athleticism on the non-dunk and dunk at the end, YES! Just wish the guy could consistently hookup his brain to his hands and he would be just fine. :) In all seriousness, nice blowout game for the FOURTH time in a row. I'm looking for at least four more. Let's do Little Rocks!

Putting the ball on the floor in the lane, NO; throwing the ball away on a nice board, NO; showing his athleticism on the non-dunk and dunk at the end, YES! Just wish the guy could consistently hookup his brain to his hands and he would be just fine. :) In all seriousness, nice blowout game for the FOURTH time in a row. I'm looking for at least four more. Let's do Little Rocks!

I honestly think that perhaps he has not yet figured out how to completely control his body/coordination. There are times when he reminds me of a baby calf trying to stand up and walk for the first time. Still, having some size, any size, in the middle is never a bad thing.

Edited by emmitt01

Everyone seems to have the problem of putting the ball on the floor in the lane...not common just to UNT either. This is a common problem in college basketball. You seem to have to get "pretty far up the NCAA food chain" before you see teams not do this....IT'S A MISTAKE, but a hard habit to break I would imagine. Think it's bad at the college level? Go watch a HS game. Agrre...this was not Justin's best night, but he has been playing rather well lately...so, give him this one. It was another nice win.

SEE YOU SATURDAY!

By the way...I take some credit for the recent wiining streak. I put a UNT flag outside the house just before the streak started...UNT has not lost since! Could it be????? :ph34r:

Is the Pic posted?

Can someone get me a bio on this guy!

Is this Howerton that good?

If so why can we not get some stops...Transition...stops

Anyway where is this powerslam I am reading so much about?

Not that I've seen.

POWERTON bio

No.... Not really.

No consistent team defense on the perimeter and the lack of physical(coordinated) bigs.

Thats what I wanna know.

Edited by Green P1

I'm not on campus on Wednesday. Can you link to it?

I'll try.. They haven't been putting all the pictures on the website so we will see..

If you ever go by the Union, they have the all of the week's editions of the Daily in like 3 spots in the Union. So if you have class on Thursday or Friday you can pick up the Wednesday paper..