I Owe Todge An Apology

emmitt01

See? This is just one more piece of evidence that my judgment is sound and my verdicts are fair.

This is why I was appointed the moderator for... Wait, nevermind. :ph34r:

I can't believe you deleted that thread about the USC transfer...you're abusing your power.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you guys are forgetting how absolutely horrible the product has been on the field for 2 years. The past 2 seasons have worn me down; I can't even fathom how some of the faithful have been following this on-again, off-again train wreck through hell for 25+ years (I'm sitting numbly at 10).

I'm ready for some more football, too, but quietly note Dodge's momentum is clearly gone as evidenced by this class. I'm happy to have these kids, but for everyone's sake Dodge needs to start winning in 2009.

As of yet, I have not seen anything that leads me to believe he will.

I won't be on the sidelines waiving pom poms regardless of the field product. I'm sitting in the stands analyzing everything about this program. You don't need to be a blind cheerleader to call yourself a fan.

Well said. After watching, as you so aptly put it, this train wreck (or multiple train wrecks) called our football program for over 30 years, I've come to blame the administration as much as anyone. I've never seen so many brain farts by so many highly educated people since......well.......damn! not even the Government has been this inept.

Well said. After watching, as you so aptly put it, this train wreck (or multiple train wrecks) called our football program for over 30 years, I've come to blame the administration as much as anyone. I've never seen so many brain farts by so many highly educated people since......well.......damn! not even the Government has been this inept.

With all due respect, these comments and wreckless postings will certainly help [sarcasm on] any of our undecided recruits that happen to read it prior to making a final decision this weekend. Thanks for the help! [sarcasm off] If any of our badly needed and valued recruits actually read this I hope they simply interpret it as it is; our true support and desire to see the football program develop in to what we all want it to be. It's our university! The alumni and fan base are working hard to do their part in advancing this football program so it will utimately increase the quality of higher education provided in these great United States. Recruits, we are behind you 100%!!

Go Mean Green!

Edited by GreenAlums

With all due respect, these comments and wreckless postings will certainly help [sarcasm on] any of our undecided recruits that happen to read it prior to making a final decision this weekend. Thanks for the help! [sarcasm off] If any of our badly needed and valued recruits actually read this I hope they simply interpret it as it is; our true support and desire to see the football program develop in to what we all want it to be. It's our university! The alumni and fan base are working hard to do their part in advancing this football program so it will utimately increase the quality of higher education provided in these great United States. Recruits, we are behind you 100%!!

Go Mean Green!

Ricky Bobby: With all due respect, Mr. Dennit, I had no idea you had gotten experimental surgery to have your balls removed.

Mr. Dennit: What, what did you say, what was that, what was that?

Ricky Bobby: Woah woah, I said with all due respect.

Mr. Dennit: No, that doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want to say to me.

Ricky Bobby: Sure, sure as heck does.

Mr. Dennit: No no, it doesn't mean that.

Ricky Bobby: It's in the Geneva Convention, look it up.

Also, if any recruits are reading this, please note how cool we are. We know we play a big role in your decision and hope you want to party with us. Good things are happening are for kids who know how to party!

Edited by Quoner

I truly hope that none of UNT's recruits are redaing this board. If they are, I hope they realize it is mostly "opinions" from some of the biggest supporters of Mean Green Athletics. While there is much disagreement on what has caused the "state of the current program", there is agreement that we support the efforts being made to "right the ship", and that UNT's recruits will have a big part to play in that turn around.

I recall managing a club team (yes, soccer) that on which my son played. We were playing in a "lower" division, and most folks felt that we could necer climb out of it and up to Classic League I. Well, long story short...we certainly did and the day we won the right to advance to the top competitive league in the Dallas-Ft.Worth area was a great day for all who had worked so hard to make it happen. I wanted to look several of our biggest "naysayers" in the face and say "I told you so", but resisted the urge. But, I said it many times to myself. When (and it will happen) UNT gets back on the winning path it will be through the hard work of our recruits, returning palyers, the coaches and the administration...AND, to the loyalty and support of the Mean Green Nation who never gave up on the program.

That will be a great day where it can be said (in private) I TOLD YOU SO!

GO MEAN GREEN...and to Silver Eagle, hang in there. I have seen some great football played at UNT over my 40+ years of following this team! At 10 years, you can sconsider yourself a "rookie". :lol:

"I" didn't take the team anywhere...as I said, I was the manager, not the coach nor a player for that matter. I simply worked the finances, schedules, travel arrangements, tournaments and played "peace maker" between parents, coaches and league officials. You know, sort of like those who think Riley will play QB even if there is a btter player at the position on the roster. Someone has to help eveyone keep a level head when it comes to "playing time". Man, those parents can be tough and a bit unreasonable in their expectations at times, can't they Mr. Gio?

BCS bowl in five years? Now that would be an "I told you so moment", but I don't this that "high" on the "food chain" of college football is in the offereing in five years for the Mean Green. I would, however, certaily "never say never". Can you spell Boise State? Can I?

97 and 03, I do love your spirit. Keep up that positive train of thought. Our mantra can now be "BCS Bowl in Five"!!!! :unsure:

GO MEAN GREEN!

It is crazy, but you guys who are holding 2009 over Dodge's head mine as well get your hatchets out, because I think there will be more pain in the 2009 season. I am looking to the 2010 season, w/ Dodge, as for as my expectations to seeing the turnaround. I just think that is more realistic given the program he started with from day one. That said, I respect you hatchet guys, and your opinions, but just disagree in this case. Congrats so for on a great recruiting class!

How was the fan base hurt and how is the time-honored integrity of this board hurt by dissenting opinions?

That being said, the only thing I like about young people is there healthy, supple organs to replace my withered and neglected ones. If you post here and you are under 25, expect to wkae up in a bath tub with ice and two holes in your leg when you least expect it.

Get off my lawn quoner! This massive organ I call my third leg won't fit on your body anyways.

It is crazy, but you guys who are holding 2009 over Dodge's head mine as well get your hatchets out, because I think there will be more pain in the 2009 season. I am looking to the 2010 season, w/ Dodge, as for as my expectations to seeing the turnaround. I just think that is more realistic given the program he started with from day one. That said, I respect you hatchet guys, and your opinions, but just disagree in this case. Congrats so for on a great recruiting class!

UNT can't afford to buyout TD regardless of the season he has in 2009. He'll be back in 2010 and all hell will break lose on this board.

The Westlake job came open one year to early for Dodge.

UNT can't afford to buyout TD regardless of the season he has in 2009. He'll be back in 2010 and all hell will break lose on this board.

If this team only wins 2 games next year and they continue to have the dip in ticket sales like they are going to have this coming season, someone will probably find some cash somewhere. If he wins 4 games this year, he will be back for 2010.

He doesn't have to be bought out. He can be reassigned to another position. But, there's still the problem of having an AD, Admin, and Board who understand enough about football to do it.