Mwc Should Be In Great Shape In 3 Years

untjim1995

Would be nice but Fresno state or Boise state would be first picks for the MWC.

I like your thinking. But SDSU just made a move for a new head coach so they aren't throwing int he towel on the program just yet. Add Fresno, Boise and Nevada to make a 12 team conference.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Guest GrayEagleOne

We would have to clean up our act considerably to even be a factor. We'd drag them down instead of helping. I doubt that it matters. Until they publish a list of the criteria required for an automatic playoff bid this is all rhetoric to keep the lawsuits away.

why would the MWC take the worse 1a program in the country.....that is us in case you forgot....they are trying to get automatic bid to BCS playoffs....taking NT would be stupid....lets see.,. TCU pays coach 1.7 million and we pay ....what 300K or so....they are top 20 ....lets see...we were ????????????? give me a break...if UNT wants to play with the big boys, then they have to start acting like it... not like some two bit 1aa team....and that is just what they are acting like....TD should have been fired (never should have been hired) and this stadium should have been built years ago, yet we still jack around with everything while the football world moves on.......and you ask me???????????...yes , I have been around UNT football for more than 35 years and well......you guessed it...not much change where it should be.....that is how we think of ourself as a football program and what changes we make....just not aggressive enough for today.....so why would MWC take us?.....I wouldn't.

why would the MWC take the worse 1a program in the country.....that is us in case you forgot....they are trying to get automatic bid to BCS playoffs....taking NT would be stupid....lets see.,. TCU pays coach 1.7 million and we pay ....what 300K or so....they are top 20 ....lets see...we were ????????????? give me a break...if UNT wants to play with the big boys, then they have to start acting like it... not like some two bit 1aa team....and that is just what they are acting like....TD should have been fired (never should have been hired) and this stadium should have been built years ago, yet we still jack around with everything while the football world moves on.......and you ask me???????????...yes , I have been around UNT football for more than 35 years and well......you guessed it...not much change where it should be.....that is how we think of ourself as a football program and what changes we make....just not aggressive enough for today.....so why would MWC take us?.....I wouldn't.

Why would they take UNT? Because we are a sleeping giant?? :blink: Sadly, we've been a sleeping giant since 1995. And probably the same can be said pre-D1AA dropdown.

Great post houstonmeangreen. Sums up everyone's frustration very nicely and why older alumni have never done their fair share in supporting UNT Athletics monetarily.