Tonight's Attendance: 3351

SUMG

Bringing fans from the opponent is part of college sports. I'm glad we play someone close to home so they bring some fans of their own. It just adds to the atmosphere of college athletics.....and it added to our attendance numbers.

We're now averaging nearly 2600 fans per game this year. We usually have some big crowds for conference games, so as long as we don't have an extended swoon - I think we have a great shot of averaging over 3K again this season. With no OSU on the schedule like last year, that'd be pretty good for us.

Edited by CMJ

My observations:

The fans looked to be spread out through out the Pit.

I was happy to see alot of families, kids, and senior fans

supporting the Mean Green. Very good turn out. Too bad

the students were not in school, or the Pit would be packed.

The crowd was way too quite though.

Jub Jub did a good job calling the game. By the way,

nice suite George! Where is the green?

Good interview by George with Rick Villarreal. Rick said

the new FB stadium will open by 2011. Rick gave props

to JJ on his BB development at NT. Rick was wearing a green

sweater that looked kinda tight- Rick must have hit the Christmas

dinner pretty hard!

Now, why is it, that anytime NT is on TV, especially in the DFW

market, the team always finds a way to lose! Geez, UTA?

For the 6th time in a row! To a Southland Conference team?

Geez Louise!

I was really impressed with the attendance. And a full pep band, cheerleaders., and dancers. A game like this should be held every year. And TCU and SMU should be in the metroplex mix.

And did anyone see the free throw stats ? 92% in the first and 87% in the second. I don't remember any NT team hitting that kind of FT. I don't see how UTA had a 5 game skid. They were very fast.

We'll get Middle.

I was really impressed with the attendance. And a full pep band, cheerleaders., and dancers. A game like this should be held every year. And TCU and SMU should be in the metroplex mix.

And did anyone see the free throw stats ? 92% in the first and 87% in the second. I don't remember any NT team hitting that kind of FT. I don't see how UTA had a 5 game skid. They were very fast.

We'll get Middle.

I made a comment to our brother that we were shooting lights out at the line. We did close the gap and made it interesting. I thought when we had a chance to shoot the last shot and were 3 points down we should have held it and gotten a better look than we did. The best we could have done was send it to overtime, but really... we had no business even being that close. Our shot selection was poor and they took our speed and athleticism away on offense by pressing the whole game.

If I were going to write a book on how to beat UNT, in it would be:

1) Press for the whole game and force them into mistakes.

UTA has us figured out.