Nt Running Out Of Wr's, Would You Believe Nt

OldTimer

http://www.star-telegram.com/college_sport...ory/952049.html

Permanent subtractions:

Sam Dibrell, Korey Washington, Evan Fentriss and Marcus King no longer on team. Washington was told to leave, Fentriss couldn't overcome injury, King and Dibrell chose to leave.

In street clothes...Riley Dodge suffered a concussion ...availability douobtsful, BJ Lewis moved to defense earlier could return to offense if not for nagging injuries. Jamel Jackson isn't back from broken collar bone..Evan Walker service an indefinite suspension

Saving redshirts...4..Forrest Ruckekr had strong fall camp but injury shelved him. Brigham, Willie Taylor and Kenny Barret need a year to mature

Stickler has struggled with back problems...

Depth...not so deep...with Roderick Johnson and Breece Johnson set to replace Dibrell in a platoon...few backups...walkon Alex Lott has 6 catches..Lance Dunbar can shift to received...walkon Kevin Dickerson has 2 career catches...4 other walkons with no experience...Blane, Schutza, Brown and Bryan Lockhart

OldTimer, for some reason your quote did not come out exactly right--Fentriss and King were not told to leave, that was Washington. Edited by Oldtimer...you are correct....I corrected my initial post and quoted you and replied with a correction. Thank you for keeping me on the right track, I want to be correct.

Strange to hear that Riley was in street clothes because of his concussion. I thought that at the beginning of the week, he was getting a lot of reps at QB.

OldTimer, for some reason your quote did not come out exactly right--Fentriss and King were not told to leave, that was Washington.

Your are correct...Washington was told to leave, Fentriss and couldn't overcome an injury and King chose to leave.

Strange to hear that Riley was in street clothes because of his concussion. I thought that at the beginning of the week, he was getting a lot of reps at QB.

Maybe we can run the ball more. maybe we can keep the other offense off the field a little longer. Maybe we can give our defense a chance to rest between series. I know we run the spread, but can we please lean on a few backs that have shown a little promise in Cam and Lance? Whenever you run it, you can open up the passing game no matter the offensive system. Just a thought.

Maybe we can run the ball more. maybe we can keep the other offense off the field a little longer. Maybe we can give our defense a chance to rest between series. I know we run the spread, but can we please lean on a few backs that have shown a little promise in Cam and Lance? Whenever you run it, you can open up the passing game no matter the offensive system. Just a thought.

Maybe we can get those back involved in the passing game as well. It's times like these when I wish we had a set other than shotgun.

Sports.

Couldn't agree more. Cam and Lance have shown some flashes of brilliance...but when you're trying to make up 57 points in 15 minutes if you run the football your fan base will scream that you're laying down (though if you throw it they'll bitch that you aren't killing enough time...I wish that if you try a FG on first down and miss you still have those next three downs...we could've just lined Knott up for a series of 75 yard attempts and see if we cant set some kinda (positive) NCAA record). Where was I...oh yes...give Cam and Lance, and Micah if well, the ball more.

I'd also hope that 4 games is an adequate suspension for Walker...and I hope Breece sees this as an opportunity, I was high on him when he came to NT and am excited to see what he can do. Lott and Dickerson have made some plays as well...I'm not too concerned about depth, though I will miss Dibs.

Edited by Censored by Laurie

Sports.

Couldn't agree more. Cam and Lance have shown some flashes of brilliance...but when you're trying to make up 57 points in 15 minutes if you run the football your fan base will scream that you're laying down (though if you throw it they'll bitch that you aren't killing enough time...I wish that if you try a FG on first down and miss you still have those next three downs...we could've just lined Knott up for a series of 75 yard attempts and see if we cant set some kinda (positive) NCAA record). Where was I...oh yes...give Cam and Lance, and Micah if well, the ball more.

I'd also hope that 4 games is an adequate suspension for Walker...and I hope Breece sees this as an opportunity, I was high on him when he came to NT and am excited to see what he can do. Lott and Dickerson have made some plays as well...I'm not too concerned about depth, though I will miss Dibs.

Sporty Sports.

I like you am excited to see Breece get a crack. I would also like to see Alex Lott catch some passes from the slot, heck, maybe he can convince his talented younger brother from Plano to join him here in the future. In fact, if you can see Plano play in person this season I highly suggest it. As far as Dibrell goes, I understand wanting to make a change in life. The timing is bad and some fans are turning on him for walking away when he did. However, I think it's a little knee jerk to turn on a good kid without knowing all the facts - just my opinion.

Wow now I am rambling a bit too. Yes, run it.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I like several choices:

1. Lance Dunbar - I know that he has decent hands and is the fastest on the team. Can he run the routes? But either Mosley has to be fit enough to return to duty or Jeremi Mathis' redshirt gets burned if Dunbar is moved.

2. Dewaylon Cook - I realize that he's penciled in as a defensive back but he has put up some good offensive numbers when he was in high school. He has good speed and hands.

3. Chaise Bane - From what little I've seen of him he has potential written all over him.

The first two (4.4 and 4.5) are fast enough to play on the outside. I don't know about Bane's speed.

Me and a few others on this board have seen Chase Baine play. He led Lake Dallas on a pretty deep playoff run at the QB position. The kid is a gamer. He has great field vision. I talked to the Lake Dallas coaches when he first walked on and all the could say was "Wait till he gets his Chance". Well mayby with all that is going on its time to see what he can do.

Me and a few others on this board have seen Chase Baine play. He led Lake Dallas on a pretty deep playoff run at the QB position. The kid is a gamer. He has great field vision. I talked to the Lake Dallas coaches when he first walked on and all the could say was "Wait till he gets his Chance". Well mayby with all that is going on its time to see what he can do.

We've got several who could be converted to WR. It is still hard to believe with the numbers we signed that we would be hurting at that position. That's a lot of wasted scholarships.

http://www.star-telegram.com/college_sport...ory/952049.html

Permanent subtractions:

Sam Dibrell, Korey Washington, Evan Fentriss and Marcus King no longer on team. Washington was told to leave, Fentriss couldn't overcome injury, King and Dibrell chose to leave.

In street clothes...Riley Dodge suffered a concussion ...availability douobtsful, BJ Lewis moved to defense earlier could return to offense if not for nagging injuries. Jamel Jackson isn't back from broken collar bone..Evan Walker service an indefinite suspension

Saving redshirts...4..Forrest Ruckekr had strong fall camp but injury shelved him. Brigham, Willie Taylor and Kenny Barret need a year to mature

Stickler has struggled with back problems...

Depth...not so deep...with Roderick Johnson and Breece Johnson set to replace Dibrell in a platoon...few backups...walkon Alex Lott has 6 catches..Lance Dunbar can shift to received...walkon Kevin Dickerson has 2 career catches...4 other walkons with no experience...Blane, Schutza, Brown and Bryan Lockhart

Of all we have lost, I truly regret that Marcus King chose to leave, probably because he was a home boy. He was a big factor in Euless Trinity winning their first state championship in 2005; a fearless receiver in traffic and really high on coming here when he signed (he actually talked Scoggins into coming here). I do understand his stated reason for leaving; that he wanted to play. Getting injured before the start of the 2007 season was a real setback. Ironically, if he had stayed, his chances of playing would have definitely improved!