Call From Jon

UNTflyer

I got a call from our new MGC Director. After hearing the pitch for the Lexus and promising him I would buy a ticket, we discussed the SMU ad (which apparently upset him and should now be fixed), the stadium, and customer service. I really emphasized the customer service part and told him that I appreciate what I've seen so far this year with phone outreach and responses to emails. I told him that there are some people upset with the service they've received in the past, and he said he will work hard to fix these issues.

I think a new day is dawning in the MGC.

Interesting and good to hear. However, I must say that I am a MGC member at a donation level high enough for some "perks", but I have not heard a word from the new director. Am I correct to assume his name is Jon from the posts here? My donation level includes parking passes, but have not heard a word about parking passes and they were not included in my ticket pakage or MGC "gift" received at the Kickoff Cookout.

Anyone able to help me out here?

I, too, will give "Jon" plenty of time and all the support needed to "right the ship", and I am real glad Flyer is getting some attention, so I have to assume things are moving forward in a positive manner. I don't need a "personal" phone call, but some recognition that I exist as a donating member of the MGC would be nice. I would not recognize "Jon" if he were standing right next to me. I wonder, was he introduced at the Kickoff Cookout? If so, I missed it and that could definitely be the case as I was "all over the place" in and out having a great time with members of the Mean Green Nation.

An interesting side note...I joined Navy's "Blue and Gold" club at the $100 level as I was told being a member is the best way to secure Navy-Army football tickets. I have had 100% more communication and thanks from Navy than I have from UNT for my Mean Green Club membership at a much higher level. Go figure.

It's early, and I am "on board" with the MGC, so I am not bashing "Jon" or the MGC here...I think this are and will get better, and I have the patience to give them the time they need to gear up..in fact, I would encourage EVERY MEAN GREEN NATION fan to join the MGC at whatever level you would like. Memberships and numbers are important when it comes to fund raising and building a winning program. Movin' On Up! GO MEAN GREEN!

It was me.

He was very personable. I, like KRAM am giving what I consider a fair amount. That was the first I heard from anyone in the AD regarding my donations 2 years running so it was positive.

You can read more what I wrote in the VIP section. No need to rehash it.

Side note. He is a closet Indianapolis Colts fan so don't hold it against him. I Patriots fan so don't hold that against me either.

We need to seek him and out make him part of the community and make sure we work together to right the ship. Because long after he's done here we are still rooting for this thing

Yes, he took over for M who has a new position in fund raising as I understand it..

NO DID NOT RECEIVE ANY PARKING PASSES IN THE MAIL. ??????????

Thanks. Fundraising - That is a good place for people with great customer service. That is a good move for our AD office - I don't know why we get all worked up about them, as they are moving forward.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

I SECOND THAT BIG TIME about calling SMUG! This is a situation that should NEVER have happened in the foirst place and does need to be corrected. SUMG is a great fan and a super supporter of UNT. He is too nice to "make the call" himself. Someone should put a "bug" in Jon's ear to make that call. I have no clue what Jon looks like or I would do it myself. GREAT thought and great idea..."DeepGreen".

NO WAY...Texan born and bred...my fingers just get going faster than they should on these keyboards...I am a Columbus method inputer...you know, search and find...but I get going pretty fast sometimes...just not very proficient! :lol:

Interesting and good to hear. However, I must say that I am a MGC member at a donation level high enough for some "perks", but I have not heard a word from the new director. Am I correct to assume his name is Jon from the posts here? My donation level includes parking passes, but have not heard a word about parking passes and they were not included in my ticket pakage or MGC "gift" received at the Kickoff Cookout.

Anyone able to help me out here?

I, too, will give "Jon" plenty of time and all the support needed to "right the ship", and I am real glad Flyer is getting some attention, so I have to assume things are moving forward in a positive manner. I don't need a "personal" phone call, but some recognition that I exist as a donating member of the MGC would be nice. I would not recognize "Jon" if he were standing right next to me. I wonder, was he introduced at the Kickoff Cookout? If so, I missed it and that could definitely be the case as I was "all over the place" in and out having a great time with members of the Mean Green Nation.

An interesting side note...I joined Navy's "Blue and Gold" club at the $100 level as I was told being a member is the best way to secure Navy-Army football tickets. I have had 100% more communication and thanks from Navy than I have from UNT for my Mean Green Club membership at a much higher level. Go figure.

It's early, and I am "on board" with the MGC, so I am not bashing "Jon" or the MGC here...I think this are and will get better, and I have the patience to give them the time they need to gear up..in fact, I would encourage EVERY MEAN GREEN NATION fan to join the MGC at whatever level you would like. Memberships and numbers are important when it comes to fund raising and building a winning program. Movin' On Up! GO MEAN GREEN!

Hope you have lots of patience. The MGC could be so much better than it is, from perks to communication. They really need to put more of a value on membership, to make it feel like ownership in a company or such. They could do little things like a special MGC-members-only meeting, insider newsletter, invite to closed scrimmage (ha), monthly drawing for a signed game ball or shirt, call from a coach from any sport, etc. Many easy things to spur membership and donors more than what has been done in the past.

Edited by NT80

I SECOND THAT BIG TIME about calling SMUG! This is a situation that should NEVER have happened in the foirst place and does need to be corrected. SUMG is a great fan and a super supporter of UNT. He is too nice to "make the call" himself. Someone should put a "bug" in Jon's ear to make that call. I have no clue what Jon looks like or I would do it myself. GREAT thought and great idea..."DeepGreen".

:angry:

Rick

That is interesting. I have thought for a while now, why not allow alumni to join at a $100 level, especially when you are trying to get alumni and folks interested in your program. Navy doesn't even have much of a problem in getting that, yet they start it at I guess $100? Good job by Navy.