Breaking News -- 2007 Recuit Leaves Program

Brett Vito

Is this anymore than the natural weeding-out process? Biggest loss I can see from this class is Padron, and for personal health reasons. Others were:

Ealey (gone a month into 2007 season/grades/life of crime)

Roman (grades)

King (chose to transfer/playing time)

Those four were on scholarship, and King never played a down.

Fentriss, Garden and Moreland were walk-ons. First two never played, and Moreland was replaced by a better kicker. Best of luck to all, but I don't see anything here in the way of an alarming trend.

Am I missing someone?

I too see this as a "I wasn't going to get the playing time, so I will go elsewhere." And there is nothing wrong with that. And I fully expected it to happen at some point with so many WRs. Which Dodge had to do in his first season, just to make sure he even had enough on roster. It looks like the 08 receivers are all pushing for playing time.

I hate to see Marcus King leave the program. Seeing him making key plays in Euless Trinity's first state championship win was really special. He seemed good at catching the ball in traffic and in critical situations. Last year, it sounded like he was doing well in fall practice, and might have played as a true freshman had he not been injured before the season started. I still remember Todd Dodge telling little stories about the recruits in his first class; the one where that, after Marcus had verballed to North Texas, he would text Dodge messages about players players he should recruit was cool. I'm sure Marcus really wants to get out on the field and play; I wish him well.

Why wait to announce the transfer until 2 weeks before the season opener?

I wanted to see King play too, so this is a surprise.

Opens the door for another WR to play Dodge Ball!

Probably wanted to see where he was on the depth chart after a couple weeks of fall camp. Most college fall cutoffs for enrollment are next week.

He left because you guys were so mean to him.

Maybe he left to try to find those OU receivers since it has probably taken a year for him to catch up to them. Or maybe he thought LA Tech would give him a better chance for a record for bobled punt returns inside the five yard line and establish a new NCAA category for "assists" on safetys.