Out Of State Colleges On Texas License Plates?

LongJim

Oh no I have seen them in Texas. You dont see them too often but I have seen them. I cannot say if they are official through their respective schools but they are around.

TxDot doesn't offer specialty plates for out of state universities. LSU is petitioning to be the first.

Universities Currently Offered

Common practice here in NC...we have Clemson, USC, VT, etc.

Funny thing is, I have yet to see any Duke tags. Most Duke fans (other than current students) are out of state...there is not a very big faction here in the state. There is always a debate on the radio as far as who has more in-state fans, Duke or NCSU. No question...there are a HELL of a lot more NCSU fans in the state of NC.

Kind of like UNT being the red-headed step-child, no!?? :ph34r:

Ah,

well screw me. I could be mistaking it for something else I saw but oh well I was wrong on that one.

Now I've seen lots of "plate covers" with out of state schools on them, but not state issued license plates. This is probably what you've seen.

Living in Houston, LSU fan has pretty much become public enema #1 for me (you'll note the 'a' and the 'y' are nowhere near one another on the QWERTY keyboard). They are everywhere. Last thing I want to see is that wretched purple and gold splashed all over the greatness of our state plates. And I say "last thing" only because I've already seen Kathy Bates naked.

Common practice here in NC...we have Clemson, USC, VT, etc.

Offtopic, but I went to MLS Cup (Soccer) in November last year in DC. At the bar where the New England fans were partying the 3rd floor was nothing but Clemson alumns watching a game. I mean 50-60 people all on the top floor covered in orange doing cheers and chants.

Living in Houston, LSU fan has pretty much become public enema #1 for me (you'll note the 'a' and the 'y' are nowhere near one another on the QWERTY keyboard). They are everywhere. Last thing I want to see is that wretched purple and gold splashed all over the greatness of our state plates. And I say "last thing" only because I've already seen Kathy Bates naked.

Oh yeah I am not surprised there are many down there. I am assuming that the a pretty big reason for that is due to the people leaving New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina?

Personally, while I can't, for the life of me, figure out why someone would want to "volunteer" to pay more taxes, I have no problem with out of state schools on Texas plates. Again, for a ton less $$$ you could buy a license plate frame, decal, sticker, etc. with the college/university of your choice rather than pay additional taxes. That, for me, goes for any of the "vanity plates" you see...for whatever cause. But, then, I just don't like paying taxes more taxes than absolutely necessary. If someone else wants to pay additional taxes...go for it.

Just coincidence, got my NT plates in the mail today for my new CTS! I didn't choose the plate number, it was a stretch for the dealership to get me the collegiate plates! That's OK, the logo's the main thing. (Watch the Kathy Bates references. She's a relative of mine! Our great-grandfathers were brothers, I think. We're cousins of some sort, anyway.)

GMG!

Edited by NTEdgex2