Untaa - Pregame Party

UNTflyer

Announcing a great new pregame experience for card-carrying alumni members! Your North Texas Exes Alumni Association is proud to introduce the Game Day Grille Pregame Party for all UNT home football games.

Located on the northwest outer concourse of the Coliseum, this new pregame event features all the necessities to get UNT fans excited for Mean Green football!

• College football games from around the country will be broadcast through Dish Network on 6 big screen televisions, brought to you by Craig Connections.

• Metzler's BBQ will be providing food and beverages available for purchase at nominal prices.

• Alma Mater Pro shop will be onsite offering North Texas merchandise for sale.

As a benefit for members of the Alumni Association, admission is free with the option to bring one non-member guest. You must present your membership ID card to be admitted.

If you haven't joined yet, or you need to renew your membership, you can do so online by clicking the link below, or by phone at 940-565-2834.

http://www.untalumni.com/join_renew_donate.php

To request a replacement membership ID card, please email alumni@unt.edu or call 940-565-2834.

The Pregame Party starts 3 hours before kickoff, so come prepared to have fun and cheer on the Mean Green to victory!

If they can pull that off, I think they should (for away games that are televised), open up the Super Pit and have a party inside to watch it. A few years back I watched a Mavs playoff game on the jumbotron at the AAC and it was awesome.

They have a HUGE projector screen inside the Super Pit. I think that would be a really cool thing to do, and I bet it would get a decent turnout.

There is no doubt that the Exes have had their moments of incompetence, but they are really trying hard to do the right thing now. Please email any suggestions to dmorgan@unt.edu...I know he would like to hear good ideas from y'all. A lot of the good ideas come from the outside in, not from the inside out. The SuperPit watching party is a good idea, for instance.

There is no doubt that the Exes have had their moments of incompetence, but they are really trying hard to do the right thing now. Please email any suggestions to dmorgan@unt.edu...I know he would like to hear good ideas from y'all. A lot of the good ideas come from the outside in, not from the inside out. The SuperPit watching party is a good idea, for instance.

Is the Coliseum the same as the Super-Pit?

And why not on the practice fields (aka Mean Green Village) for a more central location? I am not sure why we would want to spread out the crowd.

And why not on the practice fields (aka Mean Green Village) for a more central location? I am not sure why we would want to spread out the crowd.

Yes, same thing.

Is that a complaint on their choice of location? Can't we just be excited at what they are doing? Just curious because you just posted how it was dumb that some of us are disappointed in the lack of communication in relation to the practices.

Yes, same thing.

Is that a complaint on their choice of location? Can't we just be excited at what they are doing? Just curious because you just posted how it was dumb that some of us are disappointed in the lack of communication in relation to the practices.

I did not say it was a big deal, and I just pointing out a head of time that AD Has developed the whole "Mean Green Village" for events like this. But to indicate it is such a big deal it may hurt the fans is a very different story. The bitch fest going on and on about practices like it the pivoting point of our football program is a bit much. So please don't throw in the making a big deal out of it pile because I don't care where the Exes have their BBQ. I enjoy tailgating so I will most likely not hike to the pit to see what is going on or maybe I will.

I did not say it was a big deal, and I just pointing out a head of time that AD Has developed the whole "Mean Green Village" for events like this. But to indicate it is such a big deal it may hurt the fans is a very different story. The bitch fest going on and on about practices like it the pivoting point of our football program is a bit much. So please don't throw in the making a big deal out of it pile because I don't care where the Exes have their BBQ. I enjoy tailgating so I will most likely not hike to the pit to see what is going on or maybe I will.

Most of us are not so much disappointed in them being closed, it's the continuing problems of miscommunication. But again, this is a message board, so no one forces anyone to read threads. If you are tired of something, just don't read it.

It may because they need more power for the television games than can be provided in the tailgate area. Maybe they wanted to give NT Exes an air conditioned area to mingle and network.

Most of us are not so much disappointed in them being closed, it's the continuing problems of miscommunication. But again, this is a message board, so no one forces anyone to read threads. If you are tired of something, just don't read it.

Hey I am not starting threads that read "Is Dodge doing more damage then good because of closed practices" (A), and (B.) everyone on this board knows after last year what a flaky thing this communication issue has been. I think if you going to bitch, bitch about issues that are more troubling, like lack of information on the stadium, where the hell have the quarterly meetings gone, the dropping the ball on the APR score, the asinine way the festival parking was handled in the blue lot last year or this person that can't be named with her initials being MM.

Hell I miss the tortillas, but I am not bitching about it.

Are you really telling what to read?

I think it is probably because we still play at Fouts.... It would be wierd to make people go across the highway for the pregame stuff, then come back across for the game...as soon as we have the new stadium, I'm sure the pregame stuff will be in the Mean Green Village.

Y'all may as well give it up trying to explain the practice issue to some of these people. Until one of them drives an hour and a half up to attend one that was implied as open to attend by officials, and then rudely thrown out, they will never understand. It's sort of like when several point out an issue over customer service. Countless individuals, most who I know personally, experience the same thing over several years in dealing with one individual, all sharing a common experience, but at different times. So it's obvious it's happening and happening to our members of the Mean Green Nation. Yet, there's always a particular group of individuals who posts from some far away place and rarely makes it to Denton to experience this themselves, comes on here and types "Well, I don't understand what everyone is complaining about, I spoke to this person on the phone one time and they were as sweet as can be!".

So just give it up. These people don't understand, and never will. It's been explained 50 times already since Thursday, not to even include the several weeks of discussion last year to no avail. Obviously we have all the fans and support we need right now. <_<

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

like your gripe about mm? it is all customer service and communication related.

I have seen mm first hand be rude and extremely unprofessional in public to fans for utterly no reason, a little different then a communication issue. If she had her fit with me I may not be going to the games anymore I just don't need her kind of BS in my life. So bad communications on practices is one thing, now if you get to practice and some goes ape shit of your ass about about how you can't be there and degrades you, that is quite another story.

I think it is probably because we still play at Fouts.... It would be wierd to make people go across the highway for the pregame stuff, then come back across for the game...as soon as we have the new stadium, I'm sure the pregame stuff will be in the Mean Green Village.

You are kidding right?

You do realize they call the old practice field next to Fouts and area around it (Mean Green Village) ?

Click here, look at page 7 under parking and seats

Edited by Green Gas

You are kidding right?

You do realize they call the old practice field next to Fouts and area around it (Mean Green Village) ?

Click here, look at page 7 under parking and seats

Fair enough, that did slip my mind, although there is a Mean Green Village ACROSS THE HIGHWAY as well. I guess my mind went to that one becasue I didn't expect for you to complain about something so miniscule. I have provided a link to what I was thinking of, which includes the Athletic Center, home of the kickoff cookout, so I don't think the person that asked if the Colisseum was the same as the Super Pit needs to be acting like I am stupid.

Mean Green Village

Edited by Mean Green Matt

Fair enough, that did slip my mind, although there is a Mean Green Village ACROSS THE HIGHWAY as well. I guess my mind went to that one becasue I didn't expect for you to complain about something so miniscule. I have provided a link to what I was thinking of, which includes the Athletic Center, home of the kickoff cookout, so I don't think the person that asked if the Colisseum was the same as the Super Pit needs to be playing like I am stupid.

Mean Green Village

I am not sure I have ever called the Pit the Coliseum, but I have been to enough football games to know what the UNT AD calls their tailgating festival on the practice field next to Fouts, and I was not complaining, I was just wondering about the exes' location, there is a difference. You went out you way to correct me, so you should take a little of what you dish out, but hey it is not a war and if it is I want a truce.

Y'all may as well give it up trying to explain the practice issue to some of these people. Until one of them drives an hour and a half up to attend one that was implied as open to attend by officials, and then rudely thrown out, they will never understand. It's sort of like when several point out an issue over customer service. Countless individuals, most who I know personally, experience the same thing over several years in dealing with one individual, all sharing a common experience, but at different times. So it's obvious it's happening and happening to our members of the Mean Green Nation. Yet, there's always a particular group of individuals who posts from some far away place and rarely makes it to Denton to experience this themselves, comes on here and types "Well, I don't understand what everyone is complaining about, I spoke to this person on the phone one time and they were as sweet as can be!".

So just give it up. These people don't understand, and never will. It's been explained 50 times already since Thursday, not to even include the several weeks of discussion last year to no avail. Obviously we have all the fans and support we need right now. <_<

Rick

Rick, is there anyway in hell getting turned away from practice is going to make less of a fan? You did use the word implied, meaning not sure?

Do casual fans that don't live across the streets go to practice anyways? I mean is this really a situation where fans get mad enough to quit buying tickets? Or on the flip side do open practices increase ticket sales?

Just playing with you, you seemed dramatic. I do understand the inconvenience and the cost of gas, and the bad taste that someone can leave in your mouth if they are blatantly rude and condescending as they tell you to leave a practice.

Tony

Edited by KingDL1

I am not sure I have ever called the Pit the Coliseum, but I have been to enough football games to know what the UNT AD calls their tailgating festival on the practice field next to Fouts, and I was not complaining, I was just wondering about the exes' location, there is a difference. You went out you way to correct me, so you should take a little of what you dish out, but hey it is not a war and if it is I want a truce.

I really am not a huge fan of arguing, you do realize that the Mean Green Village is across the highway right?...maybe my mind is just thinking too far into the future. I did not go out of my way to correct you earlier, I responded to your post. I am glad you have been to a lot of football games, so have I, great job! As far as you asking if the Pit and the Coliseum were the same thing, I did not even bring that up until you tried to act like I had no idea what I was talking about.

Go Mean Green!