Sames Pictures

UNTflyer

I am so drooling right now!

Beautimus!

Question, though: Will there be that much separation between the Athletic Center and the end zone. I am thinking of Byrd Stadium and Carter Finley where there is really not much seperation there.

Jeff Kline said over on the facebook group that the upper deck on the pressbox side would be there from the start...

This makes me wonder what the initial capacity of the stadium will be, because he also said an upper deck on the other side would expand it to 50,000...

1. I hope these pictures are not of a 30,000 seat stadium, because a lower bowl of less than 30,000 would be disappointing.

2. I can't see an upper deck of 20,000 on the other side of the stadium.

I know they came out and said it would start at 30,000, but does anyone else see what I see?

Jeff Kline said over on the facebook group that the upper deck on the pressbox side would be there from the start...

This makes me wonder what the initial capacity of the stadium will be, because he also said an upper deck on the other side would expand it to 50,000...

1. I hope these pictures are not of a 30,000 seat stadium, because a lower bowl of less than 30,000 would be disappointing.

2. I can't see an upper deck of 20,000 on the other side of the stadium.

I know they came out and said it would start at 30,000, but does anyone else see what I see?

Well, consider that Fouts holds 30k.

Reduce the radius of the stands due to them being closer to the field, take one end zone section and put it above the club level, and I can see how this comes out to about the same capacity. I also have trouble seeing how adding another upper level would add 20,000 seats, maybe the "expandable to 50k figure" will require an upper level all the way around.

Well, consider that Fouts holds 30k.

Reduce the radius of the stands due to them being closer to the field, take one end zone section and put it above the club level, and I can see how this comes out to about the same capacity. I also have trouble seeing how adding another upper level would add 20,000 seats, maybe the "expandable to 50k figure" will require an upper level all the way around.

I see what you are saying about the radius and things like that. It just does not make sense to me to make the lower bowl anything less than 30,000. I can't see RV making that kind of mistake. We need the upper deck to take us over 30,000, not to it. We are just wasting future capacity in my opinion if we make the lower bowl that small, because I do not see us having a three tier stadium until 2080.

I see what you are saying about the radius and things like that. It just does not make sense to me to make the lower bowl anything less than 30,000. I can't see RV making that kind of mistake. We need the upper deck to take us over 30,000, not to it. We are just wasting future capacity in my opinion if we make the lower bowl that small, because I do not see us having a three tier stadium until 2080.

You see it that soon?

That my friend is vision!!!!!!

I like the look. If you put a 2nd tier on the other side to take it up to 50K, it would look a lot like the stadium that Baylor plays in. Big enough for a BIG time conference. We could finally get a decent nc home game. That is a nice stadium....I hope RV can make it happen........sooner than later.

That my friend is vision!!!!!!

I like the look. If you put a 2nd tier on the other side to take it up to 50K, it would look a lot like the stadium that Baylor plays in. Big enough for a BIG time conference. We could finally get a decent nc home game. That is a nice stadium....I hope RV can make it happen........sooner than later.

Those drawings are outdated. They were prepared before HKS was hired. Trust me, the plans that HKS comes up with will be very different, and much better.

That was my hope. Don't get me wrong, thats a fine looking stadium, and certainly a vast upgrade, but it's not on the same level as HKS' other ventures.

Those drawings are outdated. They were prepared before HKS was hired. Trust me, the plans that HKS comes up with will be very different, and much better.

EXACTLY - GUYS, SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW YOUR ROLL... People start a rumor and it begins to snowball. These are OLD renderings, NOT generated by HKS. And no matter how much you love or hate them, a firm as notable as HKS would NOT just take off with this EXACT design. The stadium may be similar in general things like a horseshoe shape for expansion later, an upper deck on the pressbox side, etc. But the details of HKS' design will most likely differ quite a bit. Speaking from the biz, if it even appears you're using similiar elements or architectural details from another design, all Hell will break loose and attorneys will start writing letters for stealing design. Still, it's a really good reference of scale and how a stadium would relate to the existing athletic center. the existing topography of the property, etc.

And even as "sexy" as that rendering is. I dont think UNT really entered into a what I'd refer to as a MAJOR contract with F&S Partners, so chances are, this design was just a preliminary study. We have guys in our office that you could give some overall general guidelines for a design and they can crank this kinda thing out in 3 or 4 hours. Think of it as a sketch on a computer. HKS will refine the final design and construction documents down on paper in finite detail, THEN gernerate the rendering from those working drawings.

Dont want to be a party pooper...Trust me, after reading all of this, I'm still staring at these renderings and dreaming...

EXACTLY - GUYS, SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW YOUR ROLL... People start a rumor and it begins to snowball. These are OLD renderings, NOT generated by HKS. And no matter how much you love or hate them, a firm as notable as HKS would NOT just take off with this EXACT design. The stadium may be similar in general things like a horseshoe shape for expansion later, an upper deck on the pressbox side, etc. But the details of HKS' design will most likely differ quite a bit. Speaking from the biz, if it even appears you're using similiar elements or architectural details from another design, all Hell will break loose and attorneys will start writing letters for stealing design. Still, it's a really good reference of scale and how a stadium would relate to the existing athletic center. the existing topography of the property, etc.

And even as "sexy" as that rendering is. I dont think UNT really entered into a what I'd refer to as a MAJOR contract with F&S Partners, so chances are, this design was just a preliminary study. We have guys in our office that you could give some overall general guidelines for a design and they can crank this kinda thing out in 3 or 4 hours. Think of it as a sketch on a computer. HKS will refine the final design and construction documents down on paper in finite detail, THEN gernerate the rendering from those working drawings.

Dont want to be a party pooper...Trust me, after reading all of this, I'm still staring at these renderings and dreaming...

They are still pretty nice drawings. Hey RV just said last week that we would start seeing things on MeanGreenSports over the next month, so we are litterally days away from seeing the new stuff.....just sit back and give them some time over there.

Absolutely correct. I've just seen these pictures before, taken on another camera. We know that the HKS design will be different.

It will be different... But, i was told that it will be minor changes. Nothing really drastic that changes what you see before you.

Anyone seen this lately?

HKS Mean Green Stadium

These were the two refereces that caught my eye

On July 7 2008, the University of North Texas increased the size of its CP program, freeing up a total of $70 million to finance capital projects. [2]

On July 22 2008, University of North Texas head football coach Todd Dodge said "I’ve been told we’d open [a new stadium] in 2010." [3]

This was just weeks ago people so big news is surely on the horizon!