Well, This Is Bad News/good News

flyeater

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do not have ONE...game ready DE on the roster!

This is absolutely RIDICULOUS! I still cannot believe this is happening!

We went from having Horton and Gilmore, maybe the best tandem in the Sunbelt to having anyone's best guess at DE!

Yes, we have players that have the POTENTIAL to step up, but we know the story about POTENTIAL!

We have equally the same chance at them being inadequate at this stage in their careers as we do any of them being studs...in matter of fact I would say due to age and lack of experience at this level, we are closer to trouble with any of the DE's on our roster than we are to solid.

Words cannot say how disappointed and PISSED I am at our current situation...not jsut at DE, but the whole damned program! We are not even close to where 90% think we are, and we should be in a lot better situation!

I have never been so pissed when it wasn't directly tied to the outcome of a game than I am right now, and like I said, it isn't just the DE situation, but the direction of the whole damned thing!!! :angry::angry:<_<<_<;):angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Edited by BIG DAWG

Well, this article from CFN, written last May seems prescient, especially this line:

Player who has to step up and become a star: Sophomore DEs Sam Owusu-Hemeng & Marquis Sykes.

I am wondering if someone could give me a little insight on Owusu-Hemeng, I didn't even find him listed on the Roster at Meangreensports.

2008 North Texas Preview - Defense

GEEZE LOUISE! :angry:

For a stadium sponsor to be found, we need to have a significant turnaround from last season. The defense was/is going to be the center of that tuirnaround. Gillmore and Horton were being counted on to help make that defensive turnaround happen.

Well, we are certainly going to find out what sort of character our current players, and coaches, have.... <_<

I am not exactly sure how you get to the point of stating that what is said in this blog is actually "Good" news concerning our stadium. I would actually say this is bad news. RV would like all of us to think that it is good news by simply telling us something we didn't know, but they are not even going to address the student fee until all other options are exhausted?

We do not have ONE...game ready DE on the roster!

This is absolutely RIDICULOUS! I still cannot believe this is happening!

We went from having Horton and Gilmore, maybe the best tandem in the Sunbelt to having anyone's best guess at DE!

Yes, we have players that have the POTENTIAL to step up, but we know the story about POTENTIAL!

We have equally the same chance at them being inadequate at this stage in their careers as we do any of them being studs...in matter of fact I would say due to age and lack of experience at this level, we are closer to trouble with any of the DE's on our roster than we are to solid.

Words cannot say how disappointed and PISSED I am at our current situation...not jsut at DE, but the whole damned program! We are not even close to where 90% think we are, and we should be in a lot better situation!

I have never been so pissed when it wasn't directly tied to the outcome of a game than I am right now, and like I said, it isn't just the DE situation, but the direction of the whole damned thing!!! :angry::angry:<_<<_<;):angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

If I fault TD for one thing it is this. It was obvious that this was a big need area when he took the job. It hasn't been addressed and now will take a miracle for us to pull it out. Maybe some of the unproven returning players will suddenly blossom and maybe our current crop of signees (on the defensive line, both inside and out) will turn out to be real surprises and MAYBE I will win the mega-lotto, but I don't base my financial planning on it. There are some indications that this next recruiting class will focus more on defense. Unfortunately, it is about 2 years too late.

We need some belief here guys. Cole will fill one side and another player will fill the void. Perhaps there is time for another late signee. There is alot

of untapped youngsters. I still believe in the Mean Green.

GMG

I still believe in the Mean Green.

You are a better man than I...

I am still going to back this team just like i did on that freezing...rainy day against Western Ky, but I am finding less to fire me up and more to cringe about than I have in a lot of years

We need some belief here guys. Cole will fill one side and another player will fill the void. Perhaps there is time for another late signee. There is alot

of untapped youngsters. I still believe in the Mean Green.

GMG

You know, you have a good point, as did H-towngreen in mentioning Russo. Honestly, Russo was a first team all state selection as a senior on a state championship team; were we just planning on using him as a backup, and what of Marquis Sykes, first team all-district as a senior, and his team's defensive mvp and leading tackler, another reserve? We need to start looking at the players we do have, many of whom were highly recruited. Honestly, just looking at the bios of players like Draylen Ross, I have to wonder if in fact, the Dickey regime didn't have some pretty good defensive players who ended up not being well used by our DC Mendoza last year. The local high school here, Euless Trinity, has offensive and defensive linemen that are highly praised, but they won a state championship last year with an o-line that was patched up due to injuries early on, leading to a rotation scheme which became a strength in the playoffs. On the defensive side, Mao Leota and Robert Griffin hardly played any significant time in the state championship game. I'll never forget reading what Coach Lineweaver said, that rotating players frequently was a good morale builder.

Well, how many more decades do we need to wait before they admit those options are exhausted?

And even with, best case scenario here, they find that elusive naming sponsor, can you imagine the P.O.S. stadium that they may want built? Remember that krap stadium design where the fans were all stuck on upper decks while the stadium was designed to cater to the non-existant fans of mystery company by placing the corporate boxes at field level? If you guys think Fouts was a shitty design.....this new stadium would guarantee fans wouldn't want to attend games and would knock the program back into the 1AA ranks.

football%20stadium%201.JPG

Be careful what you hope for, you may get it. That stadium would never be replaced and North Texas would eventually lose football because of it.

On the other hand, the university administration could decide to do what's long overdue and Fix The Problem.

Where I have I been - has this design been out there for a while? This has to be one of the dumbest ideas I have seen for a D1 football stadium. We would definately be the talk of stadiums right up there with that blue field in Boise.

Where I have I been - has this design been out there for a while? This has to be one of the dumbest ideas I have seen for a D1 football stadium. We would definately be the talk of stadiums right up there with that blue field in Boise.

That drawing is so old... there is no way that will be the final design.From what I understand, they are looking at a single tier horseshoe design, kinda like SMU.

Edited by UNTflyer