Proposing A New Policy

I think it would be neat for anyone that makes any post about oil or gasoline production, cost, supply, demand, or otherwise to also post the type of vehicle they drive daily. This could be done in the signature line or in the post itself. What do you guys think? It would be interesting to see any correllation between the vehicles and the side of the issue people are on.

Edited by Cr1028

I like this idea...but I say we use this thread rather than the signature...my car wouldn't add much to the great helmet sticker debate

heading.jpg

2002 Honda CR-V...I drive it to work once or twice a week depending upon what I have to do after work...if I have little to do I take the train. I drove it to Boston and back a few weeks ago and figured my MPG at 26-27 highway...just filled up today on mixed driving and I was at a little over 24 MPG.

2006 Honda C-RV.......get similar gas mileage to what CBL gets.

I remember one of "The Simpsons" episodes where Bart gets to hang out with actor Rainier Wolfcastle (the Schwarzenegger parody). Anyway, Rainier brings Bart home in a Hummer type vehicle. Homer goes up and says something like, "Man, that's cool. What kind of mileage do you get?"

And Rainier in his accent says, "One highway.....zero city."

Loved that line.

Edited by SUMG

2006 Honda C-RV.......get similar gas mileage to what CBL gets.

I remember one of "The Simpsons" episodes where Bart gets to hang out with actor Rainier Wolfcastle (the Schwanezegger parody). Anyway, Rainier brings Bart home in a Hummer type vehicle. Homer goes up and says something like, "Man, that's cool. What kind of mileage do you get?"

And Rainier in his accent says, "One highway.....zero city."

Loved that line.

I guess youtube can't have Simpson's clips...but here's a nice advertisment

My Volvo S-60 is getting 28.4 MPG on my drive to and from work. Not bad, huh? When I decided to start driving a bit more "sanely" the average was 24.2. So, just by being a bit better "citizen" on the highway, I have upped my mileage a pretty nice amount. Might I suggest others start "slowing down" a bit? Hey, you might even save a buck or two...and that's always a good thing. MORE BEER MONEY!

2000 E430. Now that I've committed to never exceeding 64mph, the little V8 gets about 26mpg.

8498_1.JPG

Up until gas hit about $2.50 I was cruising my dream car. Stroked 383, gets about 7mpg and leaks a little gas out the neck of the tank in the back. One of these days it'll be back for good.

IMG_0124.jpg

Edited by Green P1

My Rides

19890149823.jpg

2000 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS6 (347 Cubic Inch, 550 HP)

13.5 MPG City, 25 MPG Highway (before you tell me that is impossible, I've got a huge cam with a power band north of 4000 RPM, and a 4000 Stall Converter on a computer controlled car. ...if you don't have a clue what I just said, leave it alone...) Driven a couple of times a week to the office, (30 Mile Round Trip) weather permitting, and taken out for fun and to the track a couple of weekends a month.

20079149499.jpg

1991 Chevy Camaro RS Carb'ed 383 (388 Cubic Inch, 350 HP)

13 MPG City, 15 MPG Highway. 4 Barrel Carb's are hell. Daily driven 30 mile round trip to and from the office, and any extra running around I might have to do on any given day.

Wife's Rides

buick_rainier.jpg

2004 Buick Rainier, Inline 6 (275 HP)

17 MPG Average, mostly City driving. Can get a little over 20 on the highway.

I've got a 1996 FZJ80 that I just bought and I freaking love it. What I don't love is that I spent $600 on gas last month.

I get about 12.5mpg around the city, got almoooost 15 on the highway. ha. So I'm in the market for a P.O.S. compact to use for the daily commute... if anyone knows anyone trying to get rid of one (yeah right)... ha

I haven't a clue what you mean..... I don't think there's anything in the world that causes me to power down/tune out quicker than Dave Mathews or the rest of his Jam Band knock off minions. My only major complaint from my time spent at UNT was the drone of a different Jam/Cover band each night on Fry Street for 6 years in a row.

I haven't a clue what you mean..... I don't think there's anything in the world that causes me to power down/tune out quicker than Dave Mathews or the rest of his Jam Band knock off minions. My only major complaint from my time spent at UNT was the drone of a different Jam/Cover band each night on Fry Street for 6 years in a row.

The irony of this quote and your screen name are fairly amusing right now (no offense.)

Please tell me your name is not Chris...

• Downvote 1

The irony of this quote and your screen name are fairly amusing right now (no offense.)

Please tell me your name is not Chris...

I only wish I was that successful. Then my car wouldn't be 9 years old.

Edited by Green P1

Chris-Chris is a Ticket character who is preppy, drives a luxury car and is totally self-absorbed. His signature theme is the first drum hit from "Ants Marching."

• Downvote 1