Is Todd Dodge Unt's Joe Paterno?

I still think we should try and sign Penn State to a 2 game series with one in Denton and one at College park.

TodDo is not quite JoePa.....YET. Maybe when he wins about 350 more games...we can make that claim.

Penn State is not in College Park, btw. That's Maryland. Penn State is in State College, Pa.

I still think we should try and sign Penn State to a 2 game series with one in Denton and one at College park.

Glad you held on to those convictions when everyone was so anti-scheduling that

Well, then they'd better call RV on a Tuesday.

And that deal is good for carryout only, no additional coupons accepted.

FOOL - you can get a Pizza Mia for $5 any day of the week now. No limitations or coupons needed!

Dodge was an assistant at NT, but he didn't start as a grad asst. and stay there for 16 years before becoming the head coach, like Paterno. But if the question is limited to tenure, he will have to stay til he's 90 to match Paterno, as of now; not likely. Nevertheless, if he has a winning season and continues to win for many years, in the abstract he may be "UNT's Joe Paterno." But if he would leave SL Carroll for UNT, surely if he is successful he would leave UNT for...Texas A&M? AZ St.? Iowa?...

Dodge was an assistant at NT, but he didn't start as a grad asst. and stay there for 16 years before becoming the head coach, like Paterno. But if the question is limited to tenure, he will have to stay til he's 90 to match Paterno, as of now; not likely. Nevertheless, if he has a winning season and continues to win for many years, in the abstract he may be "UNT's Joe Paterno." But if he would leave SL Carroll for UNT, surely if he is successful he would leave UNT for...Texas A&M? AZ St.? Iowa?...

I am going to take a sip of the kool-aid and say "not necessarily." If he becomes successful enough at UNT, by that time the reasons for him to leave might be few and far between.

I feel this is a dumb post. Joe Pa is at an elite program in a top conference and has been there forever. Dodge will leave after a great deal of success or after Riley graduates, which could very well happen (and if that were the case I would be very happy because that means the next few years are going to kick ass). The vast majority of coaches are just like you and me....looking for the best situation professionally and the most money. I think this is a dumb comparison.