Dodge's Dogtown

Boomer23

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you really have wanted Dickey to talk to students? He would have talked them out of coming to the games.

You and I thought the same thing. When I read the post asking why it had not been done before, I pictured DD outside the Union chain smoking and dropping f-bombs while he addressed his student group on that week's game. Come to think of it, that would have been much more entertaining than Dodge's polished upbeat approach. Clearly, RV blew a golden opportunity when he had one.

A great idea, and who cares if the name has to change in a few years. This, evidently, is Dodge's idea.

The name escapes me, but didn't the Utah students incorporate Meyer's name into their section's title?

Alyssa Farley

University Wire

08-08-2006

(Daily Utah Chronicle) (U-WIRE) SALT LAKE CITY -- One month until kickoff and members of the Mighty Utah Student Section already have their tickets.

The MUSS is a student group that, for a $25 fee, gives privileges to members at sporting events, including a preferred reserved seat in the student section, a T-shirt, an invitation to pre-game catered tailgates, an invitation to an alumni tailgate at Homecoming, a chance to win sideline passes at a football game and special tickets to road games.

is this what you were thinking about?

Alyssa Farley

University Wire

08-08-2006

(Daily Utah Chronicle) (U-WIRE) SALT LAKE CITY -- One month until kickoff and members of the Mighty Utah Student Section already have their tickets.

The MUSS is a student group that, for a $25 fee, gives privileges to members at sporting events, including a preferred reserved seat in the student section, a T-shirt, an invitation to pre-game catered tailgates, an invitation to an alumni tailgate at Homecoming, a chance to win sideline passes at a football game and special tickets to road games.

is this what you were thinking about?

I think Meyer was gone by the 2006 season. So possibly this group had a different name when he was there??? (one that incorporated his name in some way?)

I don't know...just throwing this out there.

They had to steal her soul and give to Jenny Lewis after she made that song that was in every chick movies for about 2 years. Then she did a song that was used in WNBA commercials. Then she toured with Jason Mraz.

HWC...

GREAT IDEA! I could care less if it came from the AD, the Head Coach, mandy or anyone else associated with the university...heck, it may have come from Prez GB herslf...don't care...what i care about is the fact that this is a GREAT IDEA. Yes, the name is important, but not nearly as important as getting something like this off and running. Whether it is Dodge's idea or not, the fact that he would support and participate actively in the program is GREAT NEWS!!!!

WAY TO GO MEAN GREEN...I see many many indications that the "stinkin' thinking" around UNT and UNT Athletics is being left behind for positive forward looking thinking. OK, so I am a bit optimistic here, but, folks good things are happening...too many prople on this board cannot seem to see the positive in anything, but positive things are happening all over the campus....this is yet another idea. Now, let's do all we can to give it our support!

GO MEAN GREEN...BUY SEASON TICKETS...JOIN THE EXES...JOIN THE MEAN GREEN CLUB...and, go to the games!

Guest GrayEagleOne

Question???? Will this be for freshmen only (something similar to the Baylor Line) or for all students?

Another name suggestion......Greenbackers.

I'm sure everyone realizes this, but the student section is probably the most significant section of the whole staduim. If this section isn't full then this is a primary predictor of the alumni section attendance numbers for the future. Of course within that section you can create all sorts of traditions, but not until you can fill it on a regular basis. we have made some very significan t progress with in the past few years and Dodge is a great vehicle to move this forward on. Lets make it big!

dogcity? Dodge city? What's next? Riley's rowdey freshmen round up. $hi!'s weak. $hi!'s wizeak.

I did leave the door wide open and knew exactly what I was doing when I did it. However, you and I both know where that ends - almost banned for life from the most sacred of time-wasting sites on the internet short of youtube, gordonkeith, google images, imdb, and woman continuously falling through balls.

And ultimately, it ends in the abomination of Tortilla throwing during football season. Speaking of tortillas - anyone else interested in tailgating on some weekends to watch the new stadium get built? I'll buy the stadium if someone else cooks.