Who Was On The Committee?

I would like to know the names of the committee members who chose the women's basketball coach. Does anyone know who served on this committee?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Does the committee have the final and ultimate decision? I thought they are just the assist people for RV and ultimately RV makes the decision on the hire. Common sense tells me that is how it works but I may be wrong.

Does the committee have the final and ultimate decision? I thought they are just the assist people for RV and ultimately RV makes the decision on the hire. Common sense tells me that is how it works but I may be wrong.

You could be right. But that's not how it worked when a "committee" full of people from the university union, the english/business departments etc etc etc chose Dennis Parker back in '91. And read again what Troy Phillips had to say in his report, that RV had his hands tied on this one.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

You could be right. But that's not how it worked when a "committee" full of people from the university union, the english/business departments etc etc etc chose Dennis Parker back in '91. And read again what Troy Phillips had to say in his report, that RV had his hands tied on this one.

Rick

Just read like it had to be one of the 3 women to me.

Was Stephens the best person available? It's uncertain, but less hazy is this: Villarreal didn't have a snowball's chance of hiring a male coach. UNT administrators on the other side of I-35 were looking over his shoulder on this one, and he knew what he had to do.

That tells you all you need to know about this hire. Again, anyone know who the members of the committee was?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

That tells me that Vic Schaefer was excluded, but not the other 2 women.

If that is the truth then this committee was sorry and this NT administration doesn't know their heads from their asses. Just rediculous if this is true. This is no indictment in Coach Stephens or any of the candidates....Its just a disappointment in the committee and their dumbass mentality.

That tells me that Vic Schaefer was excluded, but not the other 2 women.

No, your missing the point. It tells you that they were looking for someone that fit a certain criteria other than ability to succeed at coaching and that the AD had his hands tied by outsiders who more than likely, just like the last time a committee made a major hire here, were not qualified to make such a decision. That's why I want to know who was on the committee?

Rick

As an historical note, neither Tina Slinker nor Dennis Parker was the choice of the search committee. The 'powers that be' saw fit to ignore the committee's choices back then.

Not true at all unless the head of the Parker committee, Dr. Rogers Redding, is a bald-faced liar. I cornered him about the hire during filming of Necessary Roughness in May of 1991 and was completely blown away by what he had to say, and said in front of his associate referees who were all in the discussion as well. The committee wanted Parker, over Paul Johnson because given he just happen to win the state 5A championship would have a better report with Texas talent. Completely ignoring the fact that the man had never coached a day in his life at anything remotely connected to major or minor college football.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

GIVE IT A REST...and give Stephens a solid chance....you may well be surprised even if you don't like the hire at this moment. I say, welcome Coach Stephens...let's get this program going in the right direction...GO MEAN GREEN!

GIVE IT A REST...and give Stephens a solid chance....you may well be surprised even if you don't like the hire at this moment. I say, welcome Coach Stephens...let's get this program going in the right direction...GO MEAN GREEN!