Gmg Bowl 5

UNT_92_Fan

All great dynasties must come to an end... Much like the Kobe/Shaq Lakers, the Hated Yankees, and even the Cowboys of the Early nineties... All good things must come to an end.

I lost. I admit it!

Great game guys! It was alot of fun... can't wait to hear the podcast!

Edited by UNT_92_Fan

This was how the game should have always been. A bunch of tired beer drinkin alums running around throwing and catching (most of the time) a football. Our "ringers" weren't so off the wall good that the game was no fun, and the game couldn't have been scripted to be more dramatic.

I may be 0-5 but I can say I had a blast.

Great Fun... with Great People... followed by Great Food!! What more could we all ask for. It was great putting faces with some names. This was a blast and I can't wait till next year. Perhaps I won't throw two picks next time. :( No matter it is all good --- and it truely was ALL GREEN!!! ;)

Bless you all!!

Lynn

I had a great time as well and for a great cause. Thank you to everyone who put it on today. Justin may have lost for the first time but he's still got a hell of an arm. Speaking of an arm, GreenNawlinsVet has a pretty solid arm as well, and thank goodness he came back this year because recman had to withdraw and we would have been without a solid QB had he not have. Congrats to MeanGreenMatt for earning the game MVP, I may get this wrong, but he had two picks, two TD's and at least one very important 2 point conversion toeing the side line giving us the eventual win. But several could have earned MVP. Gotta give a shout out to Meshugga for diving all over the place making play after play, and of course forevereagle for making that last defensive play to seal the win. There were a lot of people with a nose for the football out there today.

It surprised me how the new, state of the art turf can still take the hide off when you slide on it?

It's been several years since UNT88 and Ramone Archie played but they can still fly. It never ceases to amaze me about the college players and how they can still run. Goes to show you how fast these folks are during their playing days. Thank you to both for playing with us. I really enjoyed it.

Again, thank you to everyone for the great memories today. I'm looking forward to seeing you all again very soon.

Rick

Man its sucks that I couldn't be there to defend my MVP. But from what I hear it was a great game. Congrats to the green team.

And as always GOOD LUCK TO THE MEAN GREEN on their upcoming season. Hopefully I can make up to a game this year and catch up with some of ya'll.

RecMan

I had a great time as well and for a great cause. Thank you to everyone who put it on today. Justin may have lost for the first time but he's still got a hell of an arm. Speaking of an arm, GreenNawlinsVet has a pretty solid arm as well, and thank goodness he came back this year because recman had to withdraw and we would have been without a solid QB had he not have. Congrats to MeanGreenMatt for earning the game MVP, I may get this wrong, but he had two picks, two TD's and at least one very important 2 point conversion toeing the side line giving us the eventual win. But several could have earned MVP. Gotta give a shout out to Meshugga for diving all over the place making play after play, and of course forevereagle for making that last defensive play to seal the win. There were a lot of people with a nose for the football out there today.

It surprised me how the new, state of the art turf can still take the hide off when you slide on it?

It's been several years since UNT88 and Ramone Archie played but they can still fly. It never ceases to amaze me about the college players and how they can still run. Goes to show you how fast these folks are during their playing days. Thank you to both for playing with us. I really enjoyed it.

Again, thank you to everyone for the great memories today. I'm looking forward to seeing you all again very soon.

Rick

I think those two picks belonged to forevereagle, who deserved the MVP every bit as much as I did.

That had to be if not the best GoMeanGreen Football game ever... I totally agree with Emmitt that this is the way the game is supoosed to be played and enjoyed.

Everyone had a great time and the game itself proved to be as dramatic as it can get for a flag football game...

Big Props to Steve (MedPilot) for putting this together and Rick for the fantastic BBQ.

Both teams played really well and the game could have gone either way... But Im glad my last minute touchdown made the difference. :D

Go Green Team and Mean Green Nation.....Great Game to everyone

Great game, and great day! Thanks everyone again for making this a great annual tradition. I think next year we need cheerleaders! (Hope24 and Twodollarpistol may not be available for the player draft next year!!!...hehe) Thanks again to Harry and Evan for the Podcast, and certaily to Curt (TexasStranger) for the volunteer ref work. He really earned his money yesterday! Also, great BBQ Rick!

See you guys at the Desparados games.

GMG!!!

Edited by medpilot21

Guest 97and03

I am really glad that I came out. I was pretty wary of showing off my mediocre skills and beer belly. But despite most of you guys being in better shape and having better skills, I still felt right at home. Thanks for making a newbie feel welcome. My goal for the year is to raise my level of fitness so I can compete a little more next year.

Ben

GMG Bowl VI MVP

I had a great time! I must admit i'm really feeling it this morning. FFR talks about us being able to fly, but I must agree with Emmit us "ringers" were very much on level with everyone else. How many balls did I drop? Two I believe. It was nice to finally put some faces to the names. Next year I vow to be in better shape......or maybe not. The good thing is we won!! Thanks guys!

I'm going to agree with Coach Archie. I saw some stairs that I needed to go up today, and I just cringed. Everything hurts: knees, ankles, quads, hammies, shoulders, back, hips...

But it was a lot of fun. It was a toss up in the end zone from going either way there on the last play. It was so close. But, at least it was dramatic.

Fun, even if it was really frustrating at times.

Good game guys.

All great dynasties must come to an end... Much like the Kobe/Shaq Lakers, the Hated Yankees, and even the Cowboys of the Early nineties... All good things must come to an end.

I lost. I admit it!

Great game guys! It was alot of fun... can't wait to hear the podcast!

there was a play by play podcast going on???? what???? that could be cool!

Yes, on the right shin.

And the inevitable happened tonight while on duty. Bald skin and all we get a large house fire at 10 p.m. tonight on 1300 E. Vickery Blvd and with each step my soaking wet bunker pants rubbed my right shin as raw as can be, not to mention what wet boots did to both of my raw heels. We were there for nearly 3 hours. But as bad as it feels it can't compare to our rookies' ears. Fried tators. It was his first, first on fire. It's now 2 a.m. and he just left for the hospital, painfully grinning all the way.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick