New From Lids

NT91

Take the SOW off of the bill of the white hat, and you've got a good looking hat.

When will hat makers learn that there is nothing that looks good on the bill of a hat??? I have been fooled by a good looking picture of a hat that had somthing on the bill that I couldnt see before ordering the hat. I wore it once and the NASCAR jokes were intolerable. It had to be burned immediatly.

Give me Franchise hats or give me death.

/has the green SOW Franchise hat

//and a Texas Rangers one

///and 3 Red Sox ones

////loves Franchise hats

Franchise hats are the only legitimate option for me. The XL size offered, is the only thing that I can fit around my head without cutting off circulation. Every time I see the phrase " One size fits all" I just wanna.......pout.

Damn Bill, this is the third one. I wonder what gives? Maybe our new director has opened some up to new ideas? If so, does this mean you or I qualify to be director too?

Rick

Well, since he's not a NT graduate, he's not my director.

However, if he's the one responsible for that logo getting out there (FINALLY :angry: ), then I might have to re-think my stance.

Well, since he's not a NT graduate, he's not my director.

However, if he's the one responsible for that logo getting out there (FINALLY :angry: ), then I might have to re-think my stance.

SilverEagle, with all due respect, and I do not mean this as harsh in any way but, really? Sometimes it's hard to read between the lines in these posts, so I apologize ahead of time if I misunderstand. I would think a director that is hired as a professional (which we have never had until now) to promote an organization would be be welcomed as our director. RV is not a graduate, he was a professional hired to better the athletic program. Dr. B. is not a graduate. We put our support behind both of these people to do the best for the University. I hope you re-think your stance because from what I see on this board you have a lot to offer and support would be greatly appreciated.

This is not techincally the logo that is licensed by CLC for the NT Exes. It lacks the word Exes. Although, wait just a few months and the cap may catch up with reality. ;) Paul admitted to overlooking the proper details (as well as CLC before they sent it to him) when he inadvertently approved it.

SilverEagle, with all due respect, and I do not mean this as harsh in any way but, really? Sometimes it's hard to read between the lines in these posts, so I apologize ahead of time if I misunderstand. I would think a director that is hired as a professional (which we have never had until now) to promote an organization would be be welcomed as our director. RV is not a graduate, he was a professional hired to better the athletic program. Dr. B. is not a graduate. We put our support behind both of these people to do the best for the University. I hope you re-think your stance because from what I see on this board you have a lot to offer and support would be greatly appreciated.

This is not techincally the logo that is licensed by CLC for the NT Exes. It lacks the word Exes. Although, wait just a few months and the cap may catch up with reality. ;) Paul admitted to overlooking the proper details (as well as CLC before they sent it to him) when he inadvertently approved it.

First of all, hiring people to run our academic programs is not the same thing. I've understood that concept since I was in High School, when it was explained to me by my band director. He was getting his masters from North Texas (his undergraduate degree was from SFA), and looking to get his Phd at some other school......so that he could hopefully come back and teach at North Texas.

Sports is a business.....as is the promotion of it (and BTW one of the best ever to work in promotions in the athletic dept, was a North Texas graduate).

North Texas exes is an organization of (and for) North Texas graduates. It's never been promoted as a business.

But if it is a business, and needs to be run by a professional, are you saying that North Texas doesn't graduate professionals? We tout our school of business and marketing, yet when this marketing job came open, there was no opportunity for a North Texas graduate to competitively interview for the job.

When North Texas publishes promotional material about the school, they put out a long list of successful people who graduated from (or at least attended) the school.

By your way of thinking, what we should really do is list all of the successful people that we've hired, who went on to greater success after they left North Texas.

For that matter, maybe we should have hired someone to write our alma mater, instead of accepting the one written and produced by two students (words by Charles Langford, music by Julia Smith) in 1922. Or maybe we should have hired someone to write our fight song, instead of adopting the one written by NT graduate Francis Stroup (NT,29). in 1939.

Other things I suppose we should cast aside, because we didn't hire some professional to do it.

School colors, adopted by the student body in 1902-03.

Eagle Mascot, voted on by the NT student body of 1922.

Nickname "Mean Green" coined by NT graduate Sydney Graham (NT,57)

Our most memorable icon/logo the "Flying Worm", by NT graduate Rick Spears.

Our NT "Battle Flag", created/developed by NT grad, Jim Hobdy.

To me this guy's best decision was (as you put it) inadvertent. You seem to look at it as a mistake.

The NT exes logo should be marketed like hell.

At least two other North Texas graduates think so.

But what do we know? We're both North Texas graduates.

Edited by SilverEagle

First of all, hiring people to run our academic programs is not the same thing. I've understand that concept since I was in High School, when it was explained to me by my band director. He was getting his masters from North Texas (his undergraduate degree was from SFA), and looking to get his Phd at some other school......so that he could hopefully come back and teach at North Texas.

Sports is a business.....as is the promotion of it (and BTW one of the best ever to work in promotions in the athletic dept, was a North Texas graduate).

North Texas exes is an organization of (and for) North Texas graduates. It's never been promoted as a business.

But if it is a business, and needs to be run by a professional, are you saying that North Texas doesn't graduate professionals? We tout our school of business and marketing, yet when this marketing job came open, there was no opportunity for a North Texas graduate to competitively interview for the job.

When North Texas publishes promotional material about the school, they put out a long list of successful people who graduated from (or at least attended) the school.

By your way of thinking, what we should really do is list all of the successful people that we've hired, who went on to greater success after they left North Texas.

For that matter, maybe we should have hired someone to write our alma mater, instead of accepting the one written and produced by two students (words by Charles Langford, music by Julia Smith) in 1922. Or maybe we should have hired someone to write our fight song, instead of adopting the one written by NT graduate Francis Stroup (NT,29). in 1939.

Other things I suppose we should cast aside, because we didn't hire some professional to do it.

School colors, adopted by the student body in 1902-03.

Eagle Mascot, voted on by the NT student body of 1922.

Nickname "Mean Green" coined by NT graduate Sydney Graham (NT,57)

Our most memorable icon/logo the "Flying Worm", by NT graduate Rick Spears.

To me this guy's best decision was (as you put it) inadvertent. You seem to look at it as a mistake.

The NT exes logo should be marketed like hell.

At least two other North Texas graduates think so.

But what do we know? We're both North Texas graduates.

SilverEagle, all great points and appreciated as conversation. Only two additional observations though. 1) No, I never, ever said UNT does not graduate professionals. I'm not even sure how you got that out of my post. I will say, I have the most knowledge of anyone as to who applied for the ED job of the Exes. 2) And yes, the approval of the cap by Paul was a mistake, in his words, not mine. The mistake was inadvertent as I stressed earlier. I agree the alumni organization and it's logos MUST and WILL be promoted as well as any other branding that UNT has.

This is probably best discussed further in a PM or phone call. Both I welcome! Thanks for the exchange, man the post recruitment pre-spring football practice time has got the best of me! :(

GMG! Go UNT! Join the Exes! Join the Mean Green Club! Join the Letterman's Association! Buy season tickets!!