App State @ Lsu

eulesseagle

Aren't we still playing them later in the season?

Rick

Yes, that's my understanding. But they moved us out of that opening slot because they wanted a higher-profile opponent for a nationally televised game.

Edit: From Vito's blog 1/28/08

I did a little asking around today about the status of the UNT-LSU football game next season. Take it for what it's worth, but an LSU official said that the school is trying to set up a home-and-home series with a BCS conference opponent beginning next season.

The official said LSU might have to move a game to make room for the new series on its schedule, but at this point it does not plan on moving the UNT game.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

I can see App State winning this game.

Not a chance , after what APP St did to Michigan last year , in NO WAY does Miles let his Tigers take this team lightly.

LSU won't blow them out by 50 , but they will win.... will be intersting to see the Vegas line on this one when it comes out

Not a chance , after what APP St did to Michigan last year , in NO WAY does Miles let his Tigers take this team lightly.

LSU won't blow them out by 50 , but they will win.... will be intersting to see the Vegas line on this one when it comes out

Vegas normally does not set lines on 1-A vs. 1AA games as they are normally non-competitive. But this one could be competitive!

Yes, that's my understanding. But they moved us out of that opening slot because they wanted a higher-profile opponent for a nationally televised game.

Edit: From Vito's blog 1/28/08

LSU was trying to set up series with TxTech. Instead they both are playing 1-AA teams. LSU fans think TxTech backed out, people in Lubbock may think otherwise, who knows.

That's the high-profile opponent they jilted us for? Sure, they're at the top of 1-AA but they are 1-AA. I guess it shows what one win over a major BCS team can do for a program.

One win over a true major BCS team can do great things; its just too bad so many around these parts have been so accepting of everything else but the kind of direction that can produce similar wins in Denton.

I think UNT leadership has us where we are today. Now if each of us on this board gave $10,000 every year, that is still not going to change the general direction that UNT leaders have seemed to traditionally given us.

Remember when some of us on this forum used to get those computer print-out lists from UNT and have fund-raising teams; that is, when many of us would get on the phones and call alum after alum like there was no tomorrow and............raise monies for the Mean Green Club with even some of us who actually won awards (trophies, eagle symbols, etc) in getting the most raised in the earliest part of a campaign, ie, the Early Bird Award, or the most monies raised by an individual or team period? Then Helwig came to town and stopped much of that but in all fairness to that AD, he did give us one of the most excting years many of us have ever experienced with this program with that 1994 season when we all came together to get this program back to NCAA D1-A.

But (ultmately) our direction in Denton lies with our UNT upper echelon leadership. They are the ones who steer our ship and put in in whatever direction they feel their talents are capable of producing. We've not had good results with all that in the last 25 or so years FWIW.............Don't we all only hope our upper echelon types at our main campus in Denton are out on the highways, the by-ways and the hedges helping Rick V find monies for this most important new footballl stadium because what we need to raise to get what we truly need for a future in NCAA D1-A will take every upper echelon mover & shaker connected with the University of North Texas to get this done.

HERE'S YOU ONE:

Has anyone on our main campus in the admin. bldg (or coming for our BOR's think tank) thought about placing a photo of what our new stadium is most likely going to look like & have it placed in one of those Madison Avenue produced & (most widely read by big time business/corporate leaders) trade journals with a one page ad and an eye-catching caption most likely unlike this: :rolleyes:

WE WANT YOU OR YOUR COMPANY'S NAME ON THIS MAJOR FOOTBALL STADIUM...

LOCATED SMACK DAB BETWEEN 2 MAJOR U.S. INTERSTATES...

IN A POPULATION CENTER of 7 MILLION TEXANS (with many of them who drive by this location on those 2 U.S. Interstates quite often)!

Hey! We do tend to think big in Texas--

..............So do you & your company think as big?

** IF SO, CONTACT US AT:

1-800-000-0000

You gotta love how Appalachian State worded its announcement of the game:

February 8, 2008 - BOONE, N.C. — Three-time-defending NCAA Division I national champion Appalachian State University will kick off the upcoming season versus 2007 Bowl Championship Series champion LSU, headlining Appalachian’s 2008 football schedule announced Friday by ASU director of athletics Charlie Cobb.

:lol:

The NCAA and the B©S school set themselves up for something like this by removing the 1A and 1AA designations and going to Football Bowl Series and Football Champion Series.

I suspect hell would freeze over first before "Happy Appy" (as it used to be called here) would get into the ACC. There is much more to the ACC than football (i.e.basketball and high academic standards for the general students, not the "student-athletes"). Each of the ACC schools are major universities in many aspects. App State does not fit that mold.