One of the perks that the Exes list on their membership brochure is a calendar each year. I have not received mine...usually they come in early December. Anyone know why we are not getting one this year?

I got my calendar last year in Mid-January. I'm expecting it within the next 2 weeks.

***I also loved No Conutry for Old Men. And keep an eye out for There Will Be Blood when it makes it's way to DFW. It's already out in LA and is also a great film.

Edited by CMJ

What the heck is on the calendar? Is it nice?

I wonder if it might be a limited printing and go out to the first X number of people to pay their membership fees. I haven't renewed since I left my old place, but if "everybody" got one, I'd think mine would have come at some point over those few years I lived there, even by accident! I still always got the North Texan, though. Good way to keep track of how many people I knew die every few months. People drop like flies, it seems.

Edited by JesseMartin

I doubt that we will see a calendar this year with the new Exes leadership just coming on board late in the year. As you might well imagine, things at the national level have been a bit "up in the air" recently. That should start to change now that Derrick Morgan is onboard with the Exes and "steering the ship"...hopefully, in the right direction.

However, the Denton Chapter of the Exes is alive and well...as you may have noticed with the Mixers, Happy Hours, T-Shirts (Footgball and basketball), etc., etc. More to come this new year fromk the Denton Chapter...everyone who is an Exes member (or woukld like to consider being an Exes member) is welcome to join the Denton Exes at their events. Look for notices of activities and events in the DRC and on the Exes web site.

GO MEAN GREEN....JOING THE EXES.....

drex...thanks for the great work on the calendars in year's past...they are now collector's items! Hopefully, we will see the return of the Exes calendar soon...who knows, maybe even one for 2008....are you holding your breath????

I was invited to the Exes Board of Directors Meeting last fall to give a report on the state of the Tarrant Co. Chapter. During the meeting we were told that there would not be a calendar for 2008, partly because of cost and partly to see if anyone complained about not getting one. If you really want one in the future, I suggest you let the powers that be know about it. I got one the last couple of years and used it at work. The 2007 calendar had some really nice photos of the campus.

If you really want one in the future, I suggest you let the powers that be know about it. I got one the last couple of years and used it at work. The 2007 calendar had some really nice photos of the campus.

I wanted one when they were offering them, called the powers that be, told it would be sent and never received it.

I was invited to the Exes Board of Directors Meeting last fall to give a report on the state of the Tarrant Co. Chapter. During the meeting we were told that there would not be a calendar for 2008, partly because of cost and partly to see if anyone complained about not getting one. If you really want one in the future, I suggest you let the powers that be know about it. I got one the last couple of years and used it at work. The 2007 calendar had some really nice photos of the campus.

Which "Power" should I send my email to? :P

Edited by CMJ