Hartford @ North Texas

UNTFan23

Just got back from the game. I figured everyone would be pissed off that we didn't win by 20 or more. I'm glad to see that y'all were not. Hartford had the hot hand today on 3's. In prior seasons, we may not have pulled that out. I don’t know how they called the game on the radio, but even when it was close, I never felt panicked or like we were going to lose. Hartford would make their run, but we’d come right back. I figured that after 12 or 13 made 3’s if they could not take the lead by any significant amount, they probably never would. We played very well offensively and with great patience, especially given that 2 starters were out and played 2nd and 3rd string rotations for a good chunk of the game. Howerton probably had his best game ever. I've never seen him play that aggressive before.... about time!! Howerton didn't score but contributed great minutes on defense. He had at least 1 maybe 2 blocks that didn't show in the stats. Congrads Howerton! Willingham finally found his shot... hopefully he is over the hump. McCoy had a much better game. I can't say he found his shot, but he is getting closer. He tends to shot too strong… he just needs to settle down a bit. McCoy is probably the fastest, most athletic person on the team. And how about Bell!! He really lit it up on points and provided key senior leadership. White had another fantastic game and quietly scored 24 points. I’m not sure what is up with Quincy, but he looks a little slow and not really into the game. I hope that he returns to 2006-2007 form. I know he will. We still struggled with the full court press again, and overall our defense was only average… we definitely need to work on these areas. How about our 86% free throws!!!

Just got back from the game. I figured everyone would be pissed off that we didn't win by 20 or more. I'm glad to see that y'all were not. Hartford had the hot hand today on 3's. In prior seasons, we may not have pulled that out. I don’t know how they called the game on the radio, but even when it was close, I never felt panicked or like we were going to lose. Hartford would make their run, but we’d come right back. I figured that after 12 or 13 made 3’s if they could not take the lead by any significant amount, they probably never would. We played very well offensively and with great patience, especially given that 2 starters were out and played 2nd and 3rd string rotations for a good chunk of the game. Howerton probably had his best game ever. I've never seen him play that aggressive before.... about time!! Howerton didn't score but contributed great minutes on defense. He had at least 1 maybe 2 blocks that didn't show in the stats. Congrads Howerton! Willingham finally found his shot... hopefully he is over the hump. McCoy had a much better game. I can't say he found his shot, but he is getting closer. He tends to shot too strong… he just needs to settle down a bit. McCoy is probably the fastest, most athletic person on the team. And how about Bell!! He really lit it up on points and provided key senior leadership. White had another fantastic game and quietly scored 24 points. I’m not sure what is up with Quincy, but he looks a little slow and not really into the game. I hope that he returns to 2006-2007 form. I know he will. We still struggled with the full court press again, and overall our defense was only average… we definitely need to work on these areas. How about our 86% free throws!!!

I watched Howerton snag about 10 rebound and make a great foul on the other end. He really showed up for the game.