This is incredible. Let's go Trojans!

2:39 to go / FAU 38 - TROY 32

update...

1:40 to go / FAU 38 - TROY 32

<1:00 to go

...TROY w/ ball at FAU 33

0:30 to go

...TROY w/ ball at FAU 30 -- 4th down & 8 to go

...pass incomplete ... FAU ball over on down.

Game is now over!

Edited by jperg2

I'm listening to the Troy feed on the internet and they are claiming to be SBC champions, even though they lost head-to-head to Florida Atlantic. The Sunbelt has go to change the rules that if you lose the head-to-head matchup, you are second place. Not CO-CHUMPS, excuse me Co-Champs.

I'm listening to the Troy feed on the internet and they are claiming to be SBC champions, even though they lost head-to-head to Florida Atlantic. The Sunbelt has go to change the rules that if you lose the head-to-head matchup, you are second place. Not CO-CHUMPS, excuse me Co-Champs.

Actually, I believe the rule has been changed (from 2001 when NT tied the Muts and we had a worse record). I think now the New Orleans Bowl can select it's SBC team if they are tied? Not sure.

Actually, every conference in America does that. The bowl rep is usually the conference Champ, but all the tied records are co-champs. All of them get rings. That’s the way it is in CUSA, the WAC, the MWC, the Pac10 and the Big 10. One of the last years of the SWC, there was a six way tie for conference champ. Since Tech was had not been to the Cotton Bowl in the longest time (actually, NEVER) they got to go. All of the rest to SWC Champ rings.

Pac-10 also recognizes co-championships(Cal is recognized as Pac-10 champs from last year with USC even tho they lost head to head). Other leagues might as well.

EDIT: VideoEagle confirmed my post.

Edited by CMJ

FAU will go to the New Orleans Bowl. The Sun Belt can pick a "co-champion" now if the regular champion doesn't have at least 6 wins.

If the rule was in place in 2001 runner up Middle Tennessee would have gone to the bowl. It's going to be a risk for North Texas as long as we continue to sell numerous non-conference victories to schools that don't play return games; schools with dignity don't do that.

FAU will go to the New Orleans Bowl. The Sun Belt can pick a "co-champion" now if the regular champion doesn't have at least 6 wins.

If the rule was in place in 2001 runner up Middle Tennessee would have gone to the bowl. It's going to be a risk for North Texas as long as we continue to sell numerous non-conference victories to schools that don't play return games; schools with dignity don't do that.

But schools that need money do!