Tuberville To Arkansas?

SUMG

I would be very disappointed if Tubberville left Auburn as I've had a soft spot for them for years. I'm not sure it's a done deal yet - ESPN reported a few hours ago that it was still just speculation at this point. I actually think he's playing the two schools against each other in some high stakes Poker.

But more power to the guy if Arkansas is gonna pay that sorta coin.

Edited by CMJ

What's the attraction to Tuberville. Auburn plays great defense, but their offense blows and is Dickeyesque.

Over the last 5 years he has the best record of any SEC coach.

And he has a amazing record in games versus Top 5 and Top 10 ranked opponents. Like...I wanna say at least a 75% winning rate.

Over the last 5 years he has the best record of any SEC coach.

And he has a amazing record in games versus Top 5 and Top 10 ranked opponents. Like...I wanna say at least a 75% winning rate.

No doubt Tuberville is a great coach but why would he leave Auburn for Arkansas I can't see Arkansas paying much more and Auburns just a better program.

No doubt Tuberville is a great coach but why would he leave Auburn for Arkansas I can't see Arkansas paying much more and Auburns just a better program.

He was raised in Arkansas, tho he didn't goto school there. Still, it is his home state - so it makes some sense.

Edited by CMJ

I would be very disappointed if Tubberville left Auburn as I've had a soft spot for them for years. I'm not sure it's a done deal yet - ESPN reported a few hours ago that it was still just speculation at this point. I actually think he's playing the two schools against each other in some high stakes Poker.

But more power to the guy if Arkansas is gonna pay that sorta coin.

I think you may be right about him pitting the two schools against each other, but I guess give it a few days and we shall see. You are right, the guy can flat out coach. The only real difference between the schools I think is that at Auburn he will always to some degree, play second fiddle to the "State" or "Univeristy" of the state in bama, where at Arkansas he would be "the main" University of the state. Just a thought - I would love for him to coach the Hogs.

I have no idea who they will hire, but they are putting up some serious cash, so they in fact get some other coaches that previously would not have considered it - they are talking 3 - 4 million per season, which is second only to the money that Bama put up.

When you have Jerry Jones as an alum, you have many resources. JJ is very close to Broyles, and even though he is on his way out, since JJ graduated from up there, he is still a very big player when it comes to money and the University of Arkansas.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

I think you may be right about him pitting the two schools against each other, but I guess give it a few days and we shall see. You are right, the guy can flat out coach. The only real difference between the schools I think is that at Auburn he will always to some degree, play second fiddle to the "State" or "Univeristy" of the state in bama, where at Arkansas he would be "the main" University of the state. Just a thought - I would love for him to coach the Hogs.

Not if he keeped on beating Alabama. :lol: The guy is 7-2 against the Tide. Should he go I think A&M needs to back out of that new series they just signed - and LSU might be in for a world of hurt in that series. :lol:

I have no idea who they will hire, but they are putting up some serious cash, so they in fact get some other coaches that previously would not have considered it - they are talking 3 - 4 million per season, which is second only to the money that Bama put up.

I think Arkansas has a great chance at Tubberville, so I wouldn't worry about it. Arkansas has more big cigars than Auburn does. But hey, I mean I can't blame him if he jumps ship. I'll wish him well in Razorback country.

Edited by CMJ

Same here, they've kinda become my SEC "team". I love the way they play D

Miles is leaving for Michigan, I'm almost certain. And I would LOVE to see the meltdown in Bama Nation if Saban left after 1 lackluster year.

I know a couple Bama alums that wouldn't mind seeing Satan ... Saban leave to another program.