About The Sun Belt Investigation

SUMG

Wright Waters, better investigate more than just what happened after the game. Personally, I don't feel an investigation is warranted.

But, if he investigates....he needs to see what team started all the classless crap. And, it wasn't the Mean Green.

FFR told me that someone told him: The WKU head coach told Coach Dodge "get your players off the field"....after the game. And TD responded, "We wait around for our school song". Then, supposedly the punkass WKU coach says, "I said to get your fu$$ing players off the field."

Supposedly, TD had to be restrained at that point.

FFR or Emmitt (who told him).....know more about this than I do.....and maybe they'll elaborate.

If this happened....that takes some gall to tell the home team to get off their own field.

Fwku.

Edited by SUMG

Interesting...if that exchange really happened. I cannot believe a coach would say something like that to another coach...or anyone for that matter. I'll bet Coach Dodge may have something to say about the after game altercation at tonight's Coach Dodge Radio Show. See you there.

Interesting...if that exchange really happened. I cannot believe a coach would say something like that to another coach...or anyone for that matter. I'll bet Coach Dodge may have something to say about the after game altercation at tonight's Coach Dodge Radio Show. See you there.

Coach seems to not like to talk about stuff like this, in public. I may ask him about it....off the air....if he doesn't bring it up.

Western Kentucky is the SMU of the Sun Belt. For those who don't know or care about basketball...they have a pretty strong tradition in the sport including a national championship...just ask ANY of their fans, they'll be sure to tell you about their "Heroes of the Hardwood." They feel vastly superior to the rest of the Sun Belt despite the fact they havn't won a conference title since 2003...and won't win one this year. Try visiting and posting on their board...it won't happen...while we and every other SBC and area schools allow, and actually encourage outside input and a bit of pot stirring...the WKU prefers to live in a world of self-congratulations.

Now a provisional football program...its first year up from Division I-AA...thinks it has a set of nuts after "impressive" victories over Morehead State, West Virginia Tech and North Carolina Central...what a joke.

Western Kentucky is the SMU of the Sun Belt. For those who don't know or care about basketball...they have a pretty strong tradition in the sport including a national championship...just ask ANY of their fans, they'll be sure to tell you about their "Heroes of the Hardwood." They feel vastly superior to the rest of the Sun Belt despite the fact they havn't won a conference title since 2003...and won't win one this year. Try visiting and posting on their board...it won't happen...while we and every other SBC and area schools allow, and actually encourage outside input and a bit of pot stirring...the WKU prefers to live in a world of self-congratulations.

Now a provisional football program...its first year up from Division I-AA...thinks it has a set of nuts after "impressive" victories over Morehead State, West Virginia Tech and North Carolina Central...what a joke.

SMU without the education maybe. Also, the part about not allowing outside input and preferring to keep everything "in house" wouldn't surprise you if you checked out their family tree.......yes I mean that singularly.

SMU without the education maybe. Also, the part about not allowing outside input and preferring to keep everything "in house" wouldn't surprise you if you checked out their family tree.......yes I mean that singularly.

Keeping it in the family doesn't explain why they have goats in their closets.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but quite a few WKU fans wore F**K MTSU shirts a couple of years ago to our gym, on a night when we were honoring a dying professor and longtime hoops fan (whose seat in the arena was "retired" a couple of weeks ago).

They wore jackets over the shirts when they came in........but wore the shirts proudly throughout Murphy Center. Tasteless, esp. when their message board fans were defending those who wore the shirts.

That said.................I have found the Western Scout board to be much, much more rational than Hillbillly Haven.

I passed this on to SUMG but I wasn't close enough down on the field to hear it. However my source was. I can't imagine a visiting coach demanding that from another coach? But then again I remember ASU's Roberts telecom statement a few years back that insighted The Buick in taking his foot off the breaks for that route that ended with our own Grenade. So who knows? After hearing Saban's stupid remark following the ULM game nothing surprises me now.

Rick

From the way I heard it, from someone who was down there, the exchange went like this...

WKU Coach: Get your players off the field!

Dodge: They're waiting for our school song.

WKU Coach: I don't care about your f^%$ing school song. Get your players off the field.

I'd hate to find that this is the truth, but considering the sledgehammer incident, I won't be shocked. I would be proud that our coaching staff didn't smash this guy's head in. You don't do that to someone on their field, and you don't do it after you just lost.

Sounds like the Cincinatti Bearcats hopping around on the Louisville midfield logo incident from a few years back.

It’s automatic. If you are already a Sunbelt member moving to FBS makes you a member for football as well.

But they're not in the league YET. (for football).

Otherwise, the article wouldn't have pointed out that Commish Waters isn't even sure that he has power to discipline WKU or not.

...and as far as I know, there is nothing that says that W-L records are what determine whether you make it. Infractions like this should be a key as well. Maybe we could (instead of just saying we will) actually petition the AD, SBCComm, etc to make sure that this kind of crap is taken into account when they decide whether or not to allow them to move up.

Does anybody know anything more about this possibility?