New Nt Item From Lids

NT91

Not to open a very old can of worms, but wouldn't it be nice if that emblem was on UNT helmets?

A simple, clean logo, very legible, very identifiable, in the same traditional collegiate style as OU, KU, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Colorado, Baylor, A&M, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Indiana, Purdue, Wisconsin, Marshall, Memphis, UTEP, Houston, Rutgers, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, and on and on and on. Even look at the newcomers from Florida - FIU and FAU. It is a classic style.

Sigh. Maybe someday.

Not to open a very old can of worms, but wouldn't it be nice if that emblem was on UNT helmets?

A simple, clean logo, very legible, very identifiable, in the same traditional collegiate style as OU, KU, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Colorado, Baylor, A&M, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Indiana, Purdue, Wisconsin, Marshall, Memphis, UTEP, Houston, Rutgers, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, and on and on and on. Even look at the newcomers from Florida - FIU and FAU. It is a classic style.

Sigh. Maybe someday.

I completely disagree. Especially after seeing all the pics from the Navy and OkSU games, the diving eagle everywhere looks amazing and is instantly recognizable. Using interlocked letters is the biggest cop-out, lame design in all of sports.

I completely disagree. Especially after seeing all the pics from the Navy and OkSU games, the diving eagle everywhere looks amazing and is instantly recognizable. Using interlocked letters is the biggest cop-out, lame design in all of sports.

Amen!

That NT Exes logo is too busy. It's all crammed together and just looks like a big blob. It would be difficult to see on a helmet. We need to get the SOW on the helmets ASAP.

I would love to see the diving eagle on the helmet, as evidenced by the plethora (yes, I have a plethora) of diving-eagle helmet designs I cranked out in the off-season on this board. But UNT has chosen not to use it, and I'd prefer the interlocked NT to the "North Texas" currently being used.

I wish that was our logo. That or some version of the Eagle with the NT inside in him (or her, for you PC libs) like we had when I first got to UNT (1990...Erric Pegram...good times).

Let me also say this about the old flying worm logo...for many years I hated it. For whatever reason, now I think if we had it we'd be invited to join the MAC. Anyone get a close look at the helmets of the teams in that conference? Bowling Green's logo looks like is was stolen from the opening of the Partridge Family TV show. They could film an episode of That 70's Show at a MAC game. I think the Flying Worm would go over well in the MAC.

By the way...those of you who are entrpreneurial-minded and like running food and beverage joints should consider opening a place called The Flying Worm in the strip shopping center across from Sac-N-Sav. Good location. People see would the words "The Flying Worm" as they exited to get to campus, or if they were just flying by on 35. Trust me this is a good idea. Someone steal it and use it. I don't have the time or cash to do it right now (21 month old boy at home and a girl coming Dec. 14th).

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch