Future Schedule

KRAM1

Hey, in speaking briefly with Rick V at last night's Denton Chapter Exes Mixer, he said that we are very close to getting Army on our schedule in a home and away deal. How cool would that be? Count me in for both the home and away games! I've been on the West Point campus, and it is a wonderful thing just standing around the place. My son went to the US Merchant marine Academy and his team played the Army soccer tem in a pre-season scrimmage at West Point one year. I was lucky enough to be in NY on business at the time and "hitched a ride" to West Point for the game. If you can...and if we really do get to play Army at West Point (and in denton)...Make plans and be there! You will not regret the time or the cost! Well worth it.

BEAT ARMY...O.K., BEAT NAVY FIRST!!!!! GO MEAN GREEN!

If you skipped the Exes Mixer last evening, you missed a really nice event and evening....

We had a home and home series with Army during the Matt Simon era - 1996 and 1997. Unfortunately our "home" game was played at Texas Stadium. I hope we have enough sense to play at Fouts Field this time. We went to the game at West Point. It was a very neat experience. We had to chip ice off the seats due to an early November cold front and light snow storm the night before the game. We stayed and got a tour of the West Point campus on Sunday. It was conducted by some of the wives of faculty members as a fund raiser for their charity. It was a wonderful experience. I hope they are still doing it. If we play them up there, hock whatever jewelry you have to sell and make the trip. You will never regret it.

We had a home and home series with Army during the Matt Simon era - 1996 and 1997. Unfortunately our "home" game was played at Texas Stadium. I hope we have enough sense to play at Fouts Field this time. We went to the game at West Point. It was a very neat experience. We had to chip ice off the seats due to an early November cold front and light snow storm the night before the game. We stayed and got a tour of the West Point campus on Sunday. It was conducted by some of the wives of faculty members as a fund raiser for their charity. It was a wonderful experience. I hope they are still doing it. If we play them up there, hock whatever jewelry you have to sell and make the trip. You will never regret it.

My wife and I went to that game. We were able to tailgate with one of her relatives who lived near there who had been cooking a pig all night! Hard core tailgaters. Great place to visit for a game. Dan

Things are really looking up for athletics at UNT...heck our soccer team is in the Sunbelt finals Saturday...we play Navy AT HOME (Fouts) Saturday and we raise the NCAA banner in the Super Pit Saturday. It's GREAT to be a member of the Mean Green Nation!

Yes, if we play ARMY it will be at Fouts...you can count on that! Navy is at Fouts...no more of that "home away from home" stuff! At least, that's my hope...plus, we have a new stadium on the horizon. And, yes, RV did mention the new stadium at the Exes Mixer Wed. evening...no, not in public and not "officially", but the new stadium was mentioned in a very positive way during my conversation regarding playing Army. I really do believe that RV WILL make the new stadium happen!

See you at the Navy game Saturday and at the banner raising!

GO MEAN GREEN! :clapping:

And, yes, RV did mention the new stadium at the Exes Mixer Wed. evening...no, not in public and not "officially", but the new stadium was mentioned in a very positive way during my conversation regarding playing Army. :

"Un-officially" what did RV say about a new stadium? :rolleyes:

Edited by NT80

Ten bucks says by the time we play Army again they'll be a serious threat to go bowling or be leading the nation in some statistical category, something?

Right now, they are horrible having only won more than 3 games once since the first year they played us in that two game contract back in '96 when they finished 10-2 and led the nation in rushing, losing to Auburn in the Independence Bowl by 3 points. This year they are likely to again finish 3-9 like last year. In '03 they went 0-13. So it would be just our luck that after being a seller dweller for over 10 years that they will turn it around by the time our game comes up.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick