Does Dm Have The "it"

El Paso Eagle

I saw we toss the experiment out. My biggest foul with him is that he stays back and holds the ball for far too long. I was sitting in the stands, and a girl that sat near me that doesn't know football much...she knew that he was holding the ball too much. He's got the wheels to take off and run if he doesn't have an open man, but he never got to really use them since he was doing a 10-count progression and not the quick 3-step drop and maybe a two count.

I'm sure we'd have won this game if he'd made his decisions faster, even with the 3 turnovers he gave up. No excuses on his part...I think that everyone did a good job (defense most definitely included), but I think he wasn't all there tonight. Let's get Vizza in. If he fouls up, we at least have the inexperience excuse to fall back on.

Also- questionable officiating.

Edited by meangreendork

I think Dodge's plan all along was to spoon feed Vizza and give DM his chance. Vizza starts against Arkansas. On TV vs. OU he made some mistakes but the look in his eyes was that of a poised kid. His arm strength and toughness was seen on TV. This is DM's fourth fall on campus. He made high school mistakes against a high school secondary in SMU. Then on those scrambles tonight, he just threw it up for grabs. DM does not close out games like a red shirt junior should.

Edited by Sophie

Agreed. And I'm tired of hearing that Vizza's first start shouldn't be against Arkansas. He can't do any worse than Meager and plus, he's a D1 QB, can't baby him forever. Let him get in there, see what it's like and it will make him work even harder. Set the bar high.

No, Daniel Meager does not have the "It" necessary to win games.

IT- (ĭt) - Pronoun.

1) A viable defensive plan, well executed, and designed to stop the opposing team from scoring at will

2) A defensive coordinator who can hold a two touchdown lead, even if just 50% of the time

But it isn't Meager's responsibility (or even within his ability) to get the "It" that this team is missing.

No, Daniel Meager does not have the "It" necessary to win games.

IT- (ĭt) - Pronoun.

1) A viable defensive plan, well executed, and designed to stop the opposing team from scoring at will

2) A defensive coordinator who can hold a two touchdown lead, even if just 50% of the time

But it isn't Meager's responsibility (or even within his ability) to get the "It" that this team is missing.

So 6 int's with 4 being in CRITICAL times of the games or positions on the field; and Meagers seemingly unability to get virtually nothing going in the second half and you blame the total loss on the defense? I guess we will just have to disagree on that game.

So 6 int's with 4 being in CRITICAL times of the games or positions on the field; and Meagers seemingly unability to get virtually nothing going in the second half and you blame the total loss on the defense? I guess we will just have to disagree on that game.

Didn't Vizza also have an "int" in his first start? Who's to say that he wouldn't get out there and gunsling all over the place and have twice as many int's, trying to show that he's the man.

Let me point out something that should be obvious. When you throw the ball around a lot, you are at high risk of getting intercepted. Especially when you are only three games into this type offense.

This is incredible. Daniel has been berated for just about all of his career here at North Texas. When TD was hired I commented that it will be interesting to see how Daniel (and all the QB's for that matter) will perform now that they are going to get some real coaching. As far as I'm concerned, the answer has been astounding.

How may of us would make the same type of turnaround on our job performance after getting verbally abused by our immediate supervisor for over two years, and have little or no support from our peers?

And yet when his performance is not "perfect" everyone goes back to the "kick Daniel under the bus" mode.

I hope most of you don't choose to be parents. God help your children if they ever make mistakes....or if they're not athletic enough.....or not pretty enough.

geeezzz. <_<

Didn't Vizza also have an "int" in his first start? Who's to say that he wouldn't get out there and gunsling all over the place and have twice as many int's, trying to show that he's the man.

Let me point out something that should be obvious. When you throw the ball around a lot, you are at high risk of getting intercepted. Especially when you are only three games into this type offense.

This is incredible. Daniel has been berated for just about all of his career here at North Texas. When TD was hired I commented that it will be interesting to see how Daniel (and all the QB's for that matter) will perform now that they are going to get some real coaching. As far as I'm concerned, the answer has been astounding.

How may of us would make the same type of turnaround on our job performance after getting verbally abused by our immediate supervisor for over two years, and have little or no support from our peers?

And yet when his performance is not "perfect" everyone goes back to the "kick Daniel under the bus" mode.

I hope most of you don't choose to be parents. God help your children if they ever make mistakes....or if they're not athletic enough.....or not pretty enough.

geeezzz. <_<

The biggest criticism is that we just lose with DM. He had big shoes to fill following Scott Hall. Regardless if Hall had some amazing talent or not.. He won. With DM we don't win. Thus, you get criticism. It may not be all his fault. But we lose.

We wouldn't (and shouldn't) be shocked if Vizza was in there and made the same mistakes as DM. But, at least he is a true freshman and not a Junior who has much experience. Something we can look to the future with. DM's mistakes as a junior are the same as they were when he was a freshman. They give me tired head.

But, again...

We just lose with him as qb.

geeezzz. <_<

The second string QB is usually the most popular player on the team. Meager made some poor decisions but frankly I did not see a lot of open receivers. It is interesting that some of the fans critize Meager for both passing into coverage, but also for scrambing and not making a throw when noone is open. FAU played great defense against the TD offense, and adjustments are going to have to be made by the team because I suspect they are going to see a lot of the same defense until they learn to attack it. Those that think that FAU defense was open to the long pass must have been watching another game. FAU defense was set up to stop the long pass and invited the run.

When exactly has DM really performed where we thought he could make it as a QB in college? Sure he threw for 600 yards against SMU, but he also threw killer INT's in the Fourth quarter. You don't see what he has done as a problem through his now 3rd game as a Junior - so if he continued this trend through this whole year - would that be enough proof, or if he were to do that through to whole year should he be the starter next season? Sorry, but I don't want to watch this the rest of the year and into next. I have seen enough.

I am not a coach for sure, but when I Vizza on the sideline doing the encouragement, I him leading.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999