Let's Outnumber Smu Fans

BonfireBrian

I have no idea how many tickets our athletic department has sold. After reading ponyfans.com, they are anticipating a light crowd at the game Saturday.

This is a perfect opportunity for North Texas fans to outnumber SMU fans at their house. We know how well our fans showed up against SMU last year (although it was a little short of a sellout).

If you have not bought your tickets yet, make plans to attend this game! Even if you have to buy tickets through the SMU ticket office. This is a huge, huge, statement game for our football team as well as our fan base. Let's win on the scoreboard and at the turnstiles!

Don't forget to wear your green!

Score Prediction: North Texas 34, SMU 14

Attendance Prediction: North Texas 15K SMU 10K

Go Mean Green!!!

Score Prediction: North Texas 34, SMU 14

Attendance Prediction: North Texas 15K SMU 10K

Go Mean Green!!!

Wow...that is a bit generous for SMU! I believe the attendance will be @ 17,000...with 12,000 SMU and 5,000 UNT

Score Prediction: North Texas 14, SMU 28

Attendance Prediction: North Texas 5K SMU 12K

Sorry...I know I will get bashed, but we just looked awful and we have a lot of work to do this season.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

They did 26000+ with TT who has a big fan base in the Metroplex. We need to show SMU, TCU,and the fans we care about our program and support our team sufficiently that they should be playing us every year to boost their attendence. There shoul be enough UNT fans present to make it a sellout. Even if you have to get SMU tickets now you can wear green and help make the point.

SOME PEOPLE ARE WISE, OTHERS OTHERWISE

They did 26000+ with TT who has a big fan base in the Metroplex. We need to show SMU, TCU,and the fans we care about our program and support our team sufficiently that they should be playing us every year to boost their attendence. There shoul be enough UNT fans present to make it a sellout. Even if you have to get SMU tickets now you can wear green and help make the point.

SOME PEOPLE ARE WISE, OTHERS OTHERWISE

Well said and good points, BleeedGreen64.

26000 v Tech? How pitifull is that!

Honestly Tech brought around 20,000 last year to TCU, they moved into the elementary school playground (where the Exes had a tent when we played the frogs) 2 days before the game and set up a drive in movie type big screen for all the tech fans that couldnt get into the game.

Think about it, we draw 26 - 30,000 when we play BU & SMU and they only bring around 3 - 5,000 fans at best. If we were to play Tech in fouts we would easily draw 36,000. I truly believe that we will outnumber the ponies tomorrow, even if we only bring 10,000.

GMG

26,969 in attendance at Ford for the TT game and the majority were Tech fans (est. 75% by DMN or 7k of SMU fans). I don't think it was that bad since they usually average 15k per home game. Assuming another post is close to being correct regarding our ticket sales I'll guess:

NT: 3,500

SMU: 14,000

No matter the number, I'll be there cheering for the MEAN GREEN come rain or shine!!! Looks like it will be rain... Weather forecast

Edited by jimmyjames_99

Try this post...

My bad!

But still I have to ask.... Am I gonna be alone in Gen AD? Or will any other Mean Greeners be hangin out there... Not that I'm worried about being ganged up on by a bunch of Smut fans (I don't think they'll be enough there to form a "gang")... i just thought maybe by chance some others would sit out there so I wouldn't look so frugal (price of tickets being what they are and all).