I Wish We Would Run The Ball More.

calvin

I am not trying to start anything. It is 28-0 with 12 minutes to go in the half, I just want some clock to run.

Are you serious? Remember that this is what we asked.... no.... begged.... no .... demanded.

We wanted someone to play the game to win, not run the clock. Someone who would run the system against the tough teams and someone who would try to win... not stay close.

This is not going to be a pretty game, but it's what we asked for and later in the season (you know... when we are not playing a Top 10 team) it will be a great game to watch. For now, let's try to stand by the coach and the players for a little more than an hour and 17 minutes.

If we get beat by sixty points, I hope we gain some valuable experience from it. This year was going to be a wash due to Dodge having Dickey talent. I still feel like we are not laying down as in years past. We are still slinging the ball, not trying to run the clock out.

I agree that most of this team is filled with Dickey's recruits but even if all these players got replaced with Dodge players this season, I still dont see a different outcome to this game. Dodge has LOTS of learning to do and expect a lot of games like these.

I KNOW THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD DID NOT LIKE DICKEY, BUT DID ANY OF HIS TEAMS LOOK THIS BAD IN ANY GAME. AND HE DID WIN 4 CHAMPIONSHIPS AND GOT US TO 4 BOWL GAMES. THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON DODGE. I LOVE THE FACT THAT HIS IS OUR COACH. BUT I THINK IT WILL TAKE A WHILE FOR US TO GET USE TO HIS SYSTEM. JUST WAIT TILL WE PLAY SOMEONE OF OUR OWN CALIBER. THEN MAYBE THE RESULTS WILL BE SWITCHED.

I KNOW THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD DID NOT LIKE DICKEY, BUT DID ANY OF HIS TEAMS LOOK THIS BAD IN ANY GAME. AND HE DID WIN 4 CHAMPIONSHIPS AND GOT US TO 4 BOWL GAMES. THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON DODGE. I LOVE THE FACT THAT HIS IS OUR COACH. BUT I THINK IT WILL TAKE A WHILE FOR US TO GET USE TO HIS SYSTEM. JUST WAIT TILL WE PLAY SOMEONE OF OUR OWN CALIBER. THEN MAYBE THE RESULTS WILL BE SWITCHED.

I am about as big a DD backer as there still is in this world, not that I wish we still had him and not that I think he shouldn't have been fired.

But the answer is, YES. We did look this bad under DD. That's not a viable argument.

What really hurts me is that when Dickey was our coaching the past 2 years, MeanMag and I actually had several conversations where we wondered whether the fans of other teams actively dreaded game days. I used to see and hear games and be actively unhappy. Just miserable. Frustrated by failure to execute and inability to make any progress, even against poor defenses.

And I thought that those days were over. That I would no longer dread game days and wouldn't have to watch games with a sick sense of defeat in my stomach throughout. I was looking forward to this game, not for a win, but for the absence of frustration and embarassment.

What sucks is, it isn't gone. It's back.

I think next week will be much better. And I think we will reap results from Dodge that we couldn't have gotten from Dickey.

But right now, right this second, I am as embarassed and ashamed as I have ever been by my team. I still love North Texas, and I'm still watching. But this feels as bad as anything I felt watching a Dickey game.