Kudos To Daniel

Harry

I believe that Daniel Meagar will be very productive with this offense.

I believe this offense is talor made for Daniel's skills and abilities. I was

impressed with Daniel in key games (the LSU game for one) where he

led the team, and was moving the chains. I have sen him break runs-

he is alot faster than you think, as well as hit key passes.

Daniel Meagar is a good leader for this team, and makes good decisions.

My concern is will the OL gel, and provide protection to Daniel? The team

is one play away from Vizza taking over a game or starting.

I believe that Daniel Meagar will be very productive with this offense.

I believe this offense is talor made for Daniel's skills and abilities. I was

impressed with Daniel in key games (the LSU game for one) where he

led the team, and was moving the chains. I have sen him break runs-

he is alot faster than you think, as well as hit key passes.

Daniel Meagar is a good leader for this team, and makes good decisions.

My concern is will the OL gel, and provide protection to Daniel? The team

is one play away from Vizza taking over a game or starting.

Right on the money. OL is key. Offensive success is more likely when your quarterback is still vertical at the whistle.

I have sen him break runs- he is alot faster than you think

You are right about that. I recall in a home game last season (FIU? Can't recall). Daniel turned on the jets as he ran down the sideline for a 40 yard or so TD... Daniel can fly and outran the entire secondary... unfortunately, as things would go for the 2006 season, the TD was called back on a penalty... nevertheless, I knew after that play that Daniel was very fast.

I was amoung the biggest A-Holes about Meager last year. I was one of the people who called on this board AND at the games for Meager to be benched. (I think I pissed off his girlfriend one week... turns out she and his family were sitting a few rows ahead of us...)

...that being said, I'm perfectly willing to admit the following:

1. He may be much better than the system he was playing in last year would make you think he is.

2. He may be a much better player being coached by the right staff with the right style.

3. I will get behind him at the start of this season.

However - I'm looking for something in this kid. If I don't see it, I'll be the first one on here calling for a change.

This whole season is about change and renewal. IF Meager proves that he doesn't have it (and performing the way he did last season will be proof enough) then it will be time for a change.

I was amoung the biggest A-Holes about Meager last year. I was one of the people who called on this board AND at the games for Meager to be benched. (I think I pissed off his girlfriend one week... turns out she and his family were sitting a few rows ahead of us...)

...that being said, I'm perfectly willing to admit the following:

1. He may be much better than the system he was playing in last year would make you think he is.

2. He may be a much better player being coached by the right staff with the right style.

3. I will get behind him at the start of this season.

However - I'm looking for something in this kid. If I don't see it, I'll be the first one on here calling for a change.

This whole season is about change and renewal. IF Meager proves that he doesn't have it (and performing the way he did last season will be proof enough) then it will be time for a change.

Whatever you feel, coach.

Sure, I'm willing to don the Green-colored glasses and drink a vat of Green Kool-aid in order to believe that TD has turned Meager into a Division I quarterback in 2 weeks of spring practice and 3 weeks of fall practice. Before I do, though, I'll say that Vizza is the man in game 5.

Go DM! Prove us skeptics wrong.

Sure, I'm willing to don the Green-colored glasses and drink a vat of Green Kool-aid in order to believe that TD has turned Meager into a Division I quarterback in 2 weeks of spring practice and 3 weeks of fall practice.

Dad comes back from three weeks in Maine, reads the story in the paper and says "gosh, I thought for sure TD could get a better QB than DD. That freshman will be playing by week 2."

Daniel won it in spring ball and then did enough this summer. He has all the experience and was the logical choice.... end of story.

Now it is time to produce and to make good decisions with the ball. Meager has and will have to continue to step up his game because Vizza is only going to get better and better and made TD's decision tougher than it should have been. I am a Meager believer but I also am a realist when it comes down to a True freshman giving Danny all he wants in such a short period of time.

Let's rally around Meager and the chips will fall where they lay. The great news this season is that we have a future QB who is waiting in the wings for his opportunity to get on the big stage, that can really play.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I've said it before, it doesn't matter who is back there if all they are doing is running for their lives. Unfortunately we have seen a lot of that the last couple of years. I keep wanting to bash on Meager but the fact is he never got much of a chance to succeed and neither did the others. Hopefully now we have a system that can reduce the pressure and deal with the pressure and maybe even knock some defenders around and go on the attack again. As they say, 'The stage is set for a thrilling comeback!'

Another thing to note about Meager, and I've said this before too, he has a lot more invested in this than any posters here. Hopefully our OL can keep his further investments to a minimum. Those guys really have to pull through.

First of all, I want to say how impressed I am with how physically and (more importantly) emotionally resilient Daniel must be.

He has spent his whole career here running for his life, getting beat up by opponents, getting (emotionally) beat up by North Texas fans, and finally getting (IMHO) absolutely no help or any sort of insight from the coaching staff.

From what I can observe, his reponse to the recent coaching change has been to work even harder, seek their help and/or insight, and never complain.

I once had a Education Dept professor tell the class that I was in that the North Texas latin motto "Eundo Cresit, or Cresit Eundo" translated into modern vernacular as "Keep on Keepin' on".

I think that Daniel is a fine example of that motto.

Way to go Daniel! I hope the rest of the team follows your example.

I once had a Education Dept professor tell the class that I was in that the North Texas latin motto "Eundo Cresit, or Cresit Eundo" translated into modern vernacular as "Keep on Keepin' on".

Unfortunately that was the same motto that Helwig and Hurley followed which is why Batielle and RV are having to do some major roadwork for the university.

but oh yeah good luck to DM, looks like having a real QB coach is helping him immensely.

Unfortunately that was the same motto that Helwig and Hurley followed which is why Batielle and RV are having to do some major roadwork for the university.

but oh yeah good luck to DM, looks like having a real QB coach is helping him immensely.

I thought Helwig's motto was..."Yes, I'd like to make a Tee time for 8:30 ......."

Rick

He has spent his whole career here running for his life, getting beat up by opponents, getting (emotionally) beat up by North Texas fans, and finally getting (IMHO) absolutely no help or any sort of insight from the coaching staff.

From what I can observe, his reponse to the recent coaching change has been to work even harder, seek their help and/or insight, and never complain.

I'm sure DD will be watching DM's first game at OU on TV if he gets the chance, and I hope he sees a surprising new QB emerge. Utah State opens next Thursday night vs. UNLV so DD could watch our game if he wanted to.

I'm sure DD will be watching DM's first game at OU on TV if he gets the chance, and I hope he sees a surprising new QB emerge. Utah State opens next Thursday night vs. UNLV so DD could watch our game if he wanted to.

Heck I'd watch their game if it's picked up where I live. But it's only listed as regional coverage right now.

Football is football.