W O W Baylor Losing 7 Of Their 2007 Recruits !

MeanGreen61

Post on the Froggie board by FittyFiveFrog.

Looks like the Bears will lose 7 of their 2007 football recruits (they signed 29).

The rumor on the Bears board is that the 2 very highly rated OLs - Anthony Morgan, and Courtney Green, are gone! An get this - Also JOHN JONES the only remaining Offensive Lineman out of the 4 very highly recruited OLs they bragged about ad nauseum for the past 6 months! THEY LOST EM ALL !!!! Oh geeeezzz!

The rumor is 1 linebacker, 1 Offensive Lineman (Jones apparently), 2 defensive backs and a wide receiver!

And they are also saying that when the names are known, it will be a stunner.

This puts the Baylor 2007 recruiting class officially in the toilet. With all of these losses,

the Baylor recruiting class ranks just below SMU and UNT now. Especially if the linebacker they will lose is the one I think it is! Ouch!

These 7 are of course in addition to their four previous devastating losses in the 2007 recruiting class that caused such an uproar amongst their fans. Those 4 losses were:

OT LONNIE EDWARDS (4 star)

QB GJ KINNE (3 star)

WR JUSTIN JOHNSON (3 star)

WR BILLY CHAVIS (3 star)

THREAD FROM THE BEAR BOARD.

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127597

Edited by MeanGreen61

It almost sounds like some of these kids meet NCAA admission requirements but not the requirements for Baylor. I'm not sure on the rules but if thats the case wouldn't basically void the LOI allowing them to sign some where else for this coming season. If so do we have a ship or two hiding somewhere.

Doesn't the Big XII have their own standards which are higher than the NCAA minimum?

I believe they do and Baylor being a private school I believe has higher standards than the rest of the conference. So the question is what happens to these kids that are qualified to play D-1 Football when the school they choose to go to won't let them in. Yet again it is early they may not meet the NCAA standards but the Baylor board made it sound like some of the kids may just not meet theirs.

Although I don't know what caused the defections, I hate to see this happening to Baylor. It's hard enough for them to compete against the football factories already and the departure of these players will deplete their team depth.

Agreed...I especially find myself rooting for Baylor basketball since the Dave Bliss tragedy. Baylor is a class program and its difficult to fault a school for holding all of its students to a higher academic standard. I hope that these are just rumors.

Agreed...I especially find myself rooting for Baylor basketball since the Dave Bliss tragedy. Baylor is a class program and its difficult to fault a school for holding all of its students to a higher academic standard. I hope that these are just rumors.

Have you ever ventured over to their football message board.? :huh: On any given day, I think that *Al Swearingin must be the monitor/moderator for their board.

Higher standards? Are you kidding me? It's my humble opinion that they would whore themselves out (entrance standards-wise) for an outstanding athlete just as quickly as any of the other B-12 schools.

*At last! I've been able to insert a Deadwood reference into a post.

Have you ever ventured over to their football message board.? :huh: On any given day, I think that *Al Swearingin must be the monitor/moderator for their board.

Higher standards? Are you kidding me? It's my humble opinion that they would whore themselves out (entrance standards-wise) for an outstanding athlete just as quickly as any of the other B-12 schools.

*At last! I've been able to insert a Deadwood reference into a post.

Agreed. The thud heard round these parts was me falling out of my chair after reading the BU apologist's post above.

I have no sympathy for Baylor. Each year they recruit marginal and outlaw type kids (i e the reciever from Corsicana last year) dn lose anumber to grades or entrance exams.

Ditto for the basketball recruiting under Bliss.

They seem to invite their on destruction.

For a "church" school I note more profanity on their board than anyother I have ever read.

I am satisfied with them always being at the bottom of the Big 12.

A common misconception is that privates are tougher for jocks to get into becuase of their higher private standards. The truth is that Privates dont have to comply to state entrance req's. So if they want they can tweak thier own admissions marks to get certain kids in.

Some schools dont do this, SMU post death penalty has been very strict, and I imagine Rice is also, but many privates do.

I have no sympathy for Baylor. Each year they recruit marginal and outlaw type kids (i e the reciever from Corsicana last year) dn lose anumber to grades or entrance exams.

Ditto for the basketball recruiting under Bliss.

They seem to invite their on destruction.

For a "church" school I note more profanity on their board than anyother I have ever read.

I am satisfied with them always being at the bottom of the Big 12.

I have no affection for them either. Another "me-only" private school.

It almost sounds like some of these kids meet NCAA admission requirements but not the requirements for Baylor. I'm not sure on the rules but if thats the case wouldn't basically void the LOI allowing them to sign some where else for this coming season. If so do we have a ship or two hiding somewhere.

I actually heard that the requirements to get into UNT were more strict than Baylor. The source that told me this went to Baylor and she said they truly just want your money and will be more leniant than you think.

I do have a little more respect for Baylor than other BCS schools in the sense that they weren't afriad or too arrogant enough to not come to fouts. I appreciate them for that.

And I do silently root for them against the bigger boys because I have a heart for the underdog.

And I do silently root for them against the bigger boys because I have a heart for the underdog.

I will always root for Baylor vs. any Big 12.

I will always root for TTech vs. any other Big 12 except Baylor. Actually, I think I would root for TT over Baylor.

I will always root for A&M over Texas.

SMU is the only exception to the rule. I will never root for SMU. Period.

Baylor may be in the bottom of the Big 12 but I would rather be in Baylors position than UNTs.

whoa...this just went from a friendly post to a soap-box rant for some on here...I think I may just sit back and watch this one unfold...maybe instigate a bit.

I heard Baylor call UNT's mom fat...