New Rodge Story

New Riley Dodge story on Rivals. They actually spoke to him, so from his own mouth. But I don't have rivals access....so if anyone who is a member would like to post the major points it would be great to hear what lead him to NT.

Exerpts:

""I grew up from when I was little wanting to play at UT. I'm still the biggest UT fan you'll find," Dodge said. "It has a lot to do with me playing quarterback. At North Texas, I feel like I have the opportunity to play early and I know the offense in and out. And not many kids get to play for their dads in high school and in college."

""I still follow Texas and will still root them on. My dad was kind of iffy about (the switch). He was happy either way. He was so happy when I committed to Texas,"

"It's been sickening. It's been hard to sleep at night. I have Texas stuff all over my bedroom and I've had that ever since I was a little kid. It's taken a toll on me the past couple of weeks," said Dodge. "I've gotten to be pretty good friends with some of the guys playing at Texas. I talked to (Carroll teammate and Texas commit) Tre (Newton) today. He's one of my best friends. He's been really supportive but it was hard to even talk to him."

Sounds like it was strictly a "business" decision. Appears the burnt orange blood still flows for Rodge and Todge.

Exerpts:

""I grew up from when I was little wanting to play at UT. I'm still the biggest UT fan you'll find," Dodge said. "It has a lot to do with me playing quarterback. At North Texas, I feel like I have the opportunity to play early and I know the offense in and out. And not many kids get to play for their dads in high school and in college."

""I still follow Texas and will still root them on. My dad was kind of iffy about (the switch). He was happy either way. He was so happy when I committed to Texas,"

"It's been sickening. It's been hard to sleep at night. I have Texas stuff all over my bedroom and I've had that ever since I was a little kid. It's taken a toll on me the past couple of weeks," said Dodge. "I've gotten to be pretty good friends with some of the guys playing at Texas. I talked to (Carroll teammate and Texas commit) Tre (Newton) today. He's one of my best friends. He's been really supportive but it was hard to even talk to him."

Sounds like it was strictly a "business" decision. Appears the burnt orange blood still flows for Rodge and Todge.

This attitude will be very relatable to our student body, but does it mean FFR turns on him?

Seriously, give it awhile and we'll convert him. Even if I have to change my user name to Dodger or Hot Carl Dodge.

I bet he will fall in love with North Texas watching this year and by the time he is wearing a North Texas jersey the UT infatuation will be long gone. How many of the posters on this board grew up as a UT or A&M fan and now bleed green? It's not hard to do, they play on TV almost every week and dominate the headlines, so for football crazy kids in Texas, they are the teams to follow. And also, if my dad had played for UT...or even UTA, I would grow up a huge fan of that team as well. But now the Dodge's are green, and it won't be long until Rodge has fallen in love with everything NT has to offer.

I bet he will fall in love with North Texas watching this year and by the time he is wearing a North Texas jersey the UT infatuation will be long gone. How many of the posters on this board grew up as a UT or A&M fan and now bleed green? It's not hard to do, they play on TV almost every week and dominate the headlines, so for football crazy kids in Texas, they are the teams to follow. And also, if my dad had played for UT...or even UTA, I would grow up a huge fan of that team as well. But now the Dodge's are green, and it won't be long until Rodge has fallen in love with everything NT has to offer.

I grew up in Austin and went to many games in Memorial Stadium. My father was UT all the way and so when I first came to North Texas (wanted to go out of town to school), I was pretty much an Orange blood all the time. Over the years, my loyalties have shifted more and more to the Mean Green and now I hardly know who UT is playing anymore. I'll watch them on TV and cheer for them, but my loyalty is strictly with North Texas. I was at every UT-North Texas game played and never, for a second, considered cheering for the Longhorns. Personally, I think it is a lot more fun cheering for a team that has obstacles to overcome in order to get deserved recognition rather than for one that has all the advantages in the world.

And if he doesn't fall in love with North Texas he'll surely fall in love with the North Texas women. They're not too bad are they Switzer? :lol:

And if he doesn't fall in love with North Texas he'll surely fall in love with the North Texas women.

He already loves a North Texas Woman. His mom is a North Texas graduate.

And if he doesn't fall in love with North Texas he'll surely fall in love with the North Texas women. They're not too bad are they Switzer? :lol:

I'll second that...coming from the North I was SHOCKED :shocking: at all the beautiful (dare I say HOT!) North Texas women. It certainly helped make the transition (I moved down from a small private school in PA) all that much easier.

BTW...Quaker women are really not all that hot... :ph34r:

Im 3 months in Connecticut and something about the pale, pear-shaped woman does little for me...I miss Texas women...especially those who wear green...its such a sexy color.

I grew up in Ft. Worth and went to games at Amon Carter every weekend...my very first game at Fouts was 2001...the home opener against TCU and I was torn, but alma mater loyalty has a way to work its way into your psychy...Rodge will come around the first time he puts on a Mean Green Uni...maybe even when he dons a UNT hat for his signing.

My first year at NT was '87. I too was nothing but an orangeblood when I came to Denton. It took a year and a robbery in Austin, but my allegiance changed. I still pull for my family's team but there is no doubt where my Mean Green heart is.

Since Riley is a Longhorn fan, I hope he witnesses an upset or something glorious in Norman to help seal his fate much like Mine was.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OU!!!!!!!!!!!!!