Thinking Of Lineberry

Harry

This guy was one of the most dominant linemen I have ever seen at UNT. What happened? How is he not playing on Sundays? injuries is my guess...

Harry, I was just wonderring the same thing myself on another thread. Lineberry blocked for two national rushing champs, and was easily the most dominant lineman on the team. I watched the entire day 2 draft, and a 1-AA guard is drafted and not Lineberry? I am obviously no expert, but Dylan has the size and talent to play on Sundays, and has faced more than his share of Big-XII opponents. That 1-AA guy didnt have half the level of competition that DL had, so why did he get drafted and DL passed over? I would love to hear from someone who knows these things and get an explanation. Most of us were out there a few years ago when the scouts were looking at Adrian Awasome and Brandon Kennedy. The scout from the Redskins told us it is not about "what have you done lately" that gets you drafted, but more like "what have you done in your years in college, and who did you play against?" He said AA would definitely get a shot in someone's camp because of that. He also said BK is a play-maker, but is a bit too short for the NFL. We all hoped Kennedy would get a shot in someone's camp and he did. I would have thought Lineberry would get the same considerration?

Oh well, at least JQ has his shot in Buffalo. I hope we hear the same soon for Dylan.

GMG!!!

NFL | Lineberry works out at Pro Day

Sat, 28 Apr 2007 04:43:55 -0700

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports North Texas OL Dylan Lineberry (knee) measured a height of 6-foot-2 1/8 and a weight of 310 pounds at his Pro Day. He was unable to run any sprints after having his knee scoped in January. He measured a 24-inch vertical jump, a 7-foot-9 broad jump and completed 27 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press.

This is what the NFL knows about Dylan as of this date. We know that he is a little slow but if he was able to run I think he would have gotten an offer. Knee problems for someone at 310 is something that people take notice of.

I noticed that he was limping a bit in his gait during the banquet... truly though a scope is not too serious that it would keep people from getting a good player.

Lineberry is truly one of the most dominant run blockers I have ever seen at UNT. Plus he is just plain nasty and you can't teach that. If he is healthy someone is going to get a heckofa bargain.

For the last 2 years, we've been blaming the OLine for all of the offenses problems. Lineberry was the leader. I think Dylan is a great player, but why are you surprised he was passed over when he was on two of the worst NT lines in history? With that said, I hope he hooks on with someone.

For the last 2 years, we've been blaming the OLine for all of the offenses problems. Lineberry was the leader. I think Dylan is a great player, but why are you surprised he was passed over when he was on two of the worst NT lines in history? With that said, I hope he hooks on with someone.

How long did he start? If he was on either of the two previous season's lines that paved the way for rushing titles, I wouldn't blame the last two years on him.

How long did he start? If he was on either of the two previous season's lines that paved the way for rushing titles, I wouldn't blame the last two years on him.

Dylan started every game in '04 helping pave way for SPJMo's national rushing title. He graded out second overall and second in knockdowns. Brewster was the first. In '05 he was the top graded lineman on the team.

Rick

Lineberry did not play in -04 due to grade ineligiblity.

mmmk. I went ahead and look at box scores via meangreenathletics.com. Just to clarify and make my point, he is listed as starting almost everygame, playing in all of them but 1 or 2 (Texas being one of them that he doesn't play at all).

Considering he played in 04 and then during the last two years, I think one has to look at other factors and not dwell on the past two seasons' results.

ps: Mavs are up by 13 right now! Keep it up!

Edited by greenminer

HARRY-

I talked to a scout (afc west team) about him and quinn. He loved quinn's size and toughness and was surprised by his speed. Said Dylan got beat quite handily against good competition...had too many laxes in concentration that resulted in penalties and busted plays. Said his lateral movement was a bit slow as well. You know these guys are paid to find everything wrong, but he was good for UNT. He thought someone would still give him a chance and see what better coaching might do for him.

The thing that I think would hurt Dylan most at the next level is being on a team that runs any sort of play that pulls a guard. His lack of speed just killed him with that last year. I remember several occasions last season when J-mo couldn't hit a hole because Dylan couldn't get out of the way fast enough. Jamario would get tackled from behind before DL could even get back to the line of scrimmage. If he was a center I don't think it would've been that big of a problem.

I have seen him pulling, moving farily quickly and doing well - he broke the bench press records so he's strong as an ox. It will be interesting.

I have seen him bench 525 so I dont think his 225 rep test was a good showing on his part.