Spring Game Story From Meangreensports.com

Only 1 sack is pretty good in comparison the scrimmage they had Monday. The O-line was HORRIBLE on Monday. Today was MUCH better.

I can't say enough about the crowd - we can really take off with attendance with a good OU showing and an SMU win.

Only 1 sack is pretty good in comparison the scrimmage they had Monday. The O-line was HORRIBLE on Monday. Today was MUCH better.

I can't say enough about the crowd - we can really take off with attendance with a good OU showing and an SMU win.

I don't want to throw a damper but I remember the RB being tackled as soon as he got the ball , one QB sack, several rushing the passer plays causing the passer to throw the ball away and at least one pass being battered down and another tipped. I wasn't there Monday so can't compare the OL's play between Monday and today and will take your word for what happened then.

I was really impressed with the 5,194 attendees at the game. we've never seen that at NT before.

We really enjoyed the scrimmage....nice to see an end run for a TD at the goal line instead of between tackles....great TD. Seems last last year Fitzgeral was great in spring but never got the chance to catch the ball during a game...was really impressed with his receptions as well as those of Fentiss..wish he could play this year.

And this is with last years team, walkons, and at least one transfers. I would expect the team to be even better when the new recruits come in.

Center snap was good all afternoon...noticed only 1 or 2 that were low or hard to catch.

I

I don't want to throw a damper but I remember the RB being tackled as soon as he got the ball , one QB sack, several rushing the passer plays causing the passer to throw the ball away and at least one pass being battered down and another tipped. I wasn't there Monday so can't compare the OL's play between Monday and today and will take your word for what happened then.

I was really impressed with the 5,194 attendees at the game. we've never seen that at NT before.

Yes, it was much better in comparison. We obviously have a lot of work to do - but there was a LOT of improvment since Monday.

Jmo didn't look so good today,

I thought he looked just fine and his quickness has never looked better. Gotta remember the D has seen these same plays for weeks now so the running room is going to be less for anyone. On his TD he had at the start of the game SpJmo cut to his right and sprinted in untouched. I talked to him afterwards and he seemed very excited about this upcoming seaosn.

Rick

Jmo didn't look so good today, in fact not much room to run for any RB today. Run D was stout.

I thought Cam looked good. I am not sure how much he rushed for but when he did he was real aggresive in getting upfield and fighting through the defenders. I am used to seeing a RB that runs and hits the wall and falls over. When he kept going I was impressed.

The running game did not go to much in this scrimage-

All three backs, Jamario, Cam, and Cox looked good-all have exceptional speed

There were not many running plays called-looked like all the plays-both pass

and run were from a script- the offensive plays were controlled-

Heck, I saw Woody have 2 designed QB runs, to take advantage of his speed/quickness

and oddly- Tune had 2 designed QB runs.

I am not worried at all about Jamiro,Cam or Deavin- I can see the running game

really taking off this season, and I am excited to see the surprises the Coach Dodge

will work into the running game and passing game with these 3 guys!

I thought he looked just fine and his quickness has never looked better. Gotta remember the D has seen these same plays for weeks now so the running room is going to be less for anyone. On his TD he had at the start of the game SpJmo cut to his right and sprinted in untouched. I talked to him afterwards and he seemed very excited about this upcoming seaosn.

Rick

DRC: "While UNT's offensive line did a good job of protecting the quarterback, it didn't open many running lanes. Senior running back Jamario Thomas appeared as if he might be ready to break out on Monday when he ripped off two runs of more than 20 yards. He only had five carries and lost a total of 1 yard on a day when UNT struggled to run the ball (I might have cursed poor J-Mo yesterday by predicting a big afternoon)."