Actual Helmet Description

Boomer23

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am worried that we are going to look too much like Marshall, but if we have to go white, this is what I would like to see.

NT_1.jpg

IMO, the last 25 (or so) years we have mostly been fiddle-fartin' around with poorly designed unis' non-stop and (even worse) worn by too many poor performing, sometimes poorly coached, unranked football teams operating at the lower rung of the ladder which is the 119 member NCAA D1-A.

We made logo and unis' changes so frequently that our opponents, DFW Metroplex and statewide critics probably wondered why the heck we changed them so often and if we'd ever get it right for once. And what we change to can usually only garner the approval of (at best) 50% For and 50% Against, that is, what we have that represents our alma mater in the unis'/helmets "looks" department.

With such stats as the aforementioned, how can UNT officials ever expect to sell en mass what our campus creators would have our UNT-oriented constituency purchase en ma$$ ? We have to keep in mind that outside the many posters of this board (who out of loyalty will buy just about anything whether they sincerely like them or not); anyhow..............

.................since we do have a bit of competition here in the Lone Star State when it comes to our attempts in matching (and selling) our new brandings, ie, UNT gear versus all the other D1-A schools, UNT really needs to be a cut above the rest in our very brandings/sports gear department, that is, we need to put a very sharp to the eye product out on DFW area retailer's shelves & clothes racks as to get our enormous group of potential buyers (100,000 NT Exes in DFW according to Prez' Gretchen) to start their first experiences of purchasing NT-oriented gear even if it means for those first purchases that group buying the least inexpensive items coming from our latest brandings, logos and now our new shade of green (which I personally like if they could ever get the 'true" kelly green color--which is what Notre Dame has on their sports caps, gear, etc); but..............FWIW............UNT's first time buyers of gear even have to like what they see to make them want to make their first time purchases. If they do like what they see, then the more expensive items purchases will come later.

From reading this board, it is still apparent that many still think we don't have what could be considered even close to having what could be described as being "mass marketable" UNT/Mean Green gear, and that, of course is what most our varsity teams have to wear, too. Do we really know who (perhaps) a few UNT officials are trying to really please with all these latest markings crreated for our alma mater------US or THEM? :rolleyes: Well, last count, there are still significantly more of us out here (100K in the DFW Metroplex alone) and if those on campus truly have in mind giving us the best possible look as far as what will (ultimately) be popular by the majority and, thus, sell en mass and BTW.................. make our alma mater some significant income from the College Licensing folks when all our gear is purchased by the masses; if that is truly their attitude, then they would be on the right track with our latest brandings that will be debuted this Fall. If its not their attitude, then we just have more trouble in River City (to quote Professor Harold Hill).

Lastly, I know this would be toward the bottom of a priority list (although it would still be on the list), but don't UNT's potential football recruits want to play for a school that has a top notch, sharp look even with its unis/helmets, ie, the very thing they are going to be wearing on Game Day, many times even on TV and in front of our students, fans, our player's parents, their relatives and friends for 4 (or 5) of the most important years they will have their entire lives?

Just my .02 on the subject (once again). :rolleyes:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

• 2 weeks later...

Did someone on GMG talk to one of the players about the helmet on Sunday?

Yes. I read on the board somewhere that the player said the helmets would be white with North Texas on the sides. He also said that he personally did not like the dark, all-green uniforms of the past few years.

1. The comparison to SLC that I'm interested in is whether TD can import his offense. If he can do unto others in the Belt what he done to 'em at SLC, then sunshine and bliss will prevail upon the land and everybody but the opponent will be happy.

2. Enjoy getting worked up about this now, because the entire topic of comparing our unis to SLC is a short-term diversion. It will vanish in a puff of smoke, never to return, at the exact moment of the first kickoff against OU.

3. This SLC-comparison phobia is a product of paranoia born of years of abuse. It's OK. You're safe now. Nobody's going to hurt you anymore. The bad people are gone.

:o ..... there is no North Texas on the helmet; how will viewers know where this player is from?

But seriously, why not just a simple interlocked NT on the helmet?

It ain't part of the new branding. I've seen everything we have, and I haven't heard of any new additions like that. UNT ain't adding the IL-NT to the logos, and there aren't plans for it that I know about. The "instant recognition" part of the branding scheme is the SoW design. Get over it. Geez. I want SoW on the helmets, but ain't gonna happen...and it's kinda like getting kicked in the pants. If anything, put SOW on the shoulders or something.

Edited by meangreendork

1. The comparison to SLC that I'm interested in is whether TD can import his offense. If he can do unto others in the Belt what he done to 'em at SLC, then sunshine and bliss will prevail upon the land and everybody but the opponent will be happy.

2. Enjoy getting worked up about this now, because the entire topic of comparing our unis to SLC is a short-term diversion. It will vanish in a puff of smoke, never to return, at the exact moment of the first kickoff against OU.

3. This SLC-comparison phobia is a product of paranoia born of years of abuse. It's OK. You're safe now. Nobody's going to hurt you anymore. The bad people are gone.

find a happy place..... find a happy place.... find a happy place....

It ain't part of the new branding. I've seen everything we have, and I haven't heard of any new additions like that. UNT ain't adding the IL-NT to the logos, and there aren't plans for it that I know about.

Uh oh! If that's the case then some guy is going around making up these fake jackets and pawning them off to our lettermen as REAL letterjackets? :huh:

letterjacket_250x174.jpg

Rick

It ain't part of the new branding. I've seen everything we have, and I haven't heard of any new additions like that. UNT ain't adding the IL-NT to the logos, and there aren't plans for it that I know about. The "instant recognition" part of the branding scheme is the SoW design. Get over it. Geez. I want SoW on the helmets, but ain't gonna happen...and it's kinda like getting kicked in the pants. If anything, put SOW on the shoulders or something.

Oh you can bet the interlocked NT will be back, it always comes back, if not with this regime then with the next! :P