Actual Helmet Description

Boomer23

From my understanding, which I hear from multiple sources, The real helmet will...........(drum roll).............are you ready?

The helmet will be white. There will be a Green stripe down the middle with two black stripes on each side of that. As for the logo, the SOW will not be on the helmet. It is merely going to have the "North Texas" branding on each side.

There you have it.

Let the next helmet thread commence.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From my understanding, which I hear from multiple sources, The real helmet will...........(drum roll).............are you ready?

The helmet will be white. There will be a Green stripe down the middle with two black stripes on each side of that. As for the logo, the SOW will not be on the helmet. It is merely going to have the "North Texas" branding on each side.

There you have it.

If true, then we'll be changing it again within 3 years because it's not what the customer wants. <_<

There you have it.

Something like this?:

http://www.carrolldragons.org/images/produ...mini_helmet.jpg

Edited by NT80

If true, then we'll be changing it again within 3 years because it's not what the customer wants. <_<

I'll agree to part of that. They'll be changing it within 3 years, but God only knows the reason WHY they change it, it certainly isnt because it's what the customer wants. It seems to me that they do whatever they want, and never listen to input from others.

I'll agree to part of that. They'll be changing it within 3 years, but God only knows the reason WHY they change it, it certainly isnt because it's what the customer wants. It seems to me that they do whatever they want, and never listen to input from others.

Quite frankly (and I am another not too excited about our helmet with its "North Texas" font or even North Texas spelled out on a football helmet period); but IMO...................UNT athletic officials still need to be more concerned about meeting their new stadium completion year projections.

Yet............at UNT, aren't helmet and unis' constant change a big part of our tradition in Denton as much as anything; especially when we have administration and AD turnovers? :rolleyes:

We are like a school that has multiple personality disorders when it comes to what our branding experts on campus want the general UNT community and consumer to purchase with all their constant changing of our clothing and sports gear. When Rick V and/or Todd Dodge leaves for other opportunities, can we all look forward to yet more changes? Our history in all this suggests that we can look forward to more changes because that is what we do at North Texas.

I wish Prez' B would take hold of this thing and tell the entire UNT constituency what we are going to do with all this athletic helmet and branding issues (and maybe even stick with what we would come up with before this Falls UNT freshmen class actually graduate?:)

At UNT, we are quite adept at making changes when it comes to logos, new shades of green, etc, etc, etc; but we are not as adept at making changes when it comes to deadwood peronnel who have been given years to prove that their (obvious) NCAA DII talents would be better utilized at, well, a ..................NCAA Division II school.

Its always been NCAA D1-A personnel (and at UNT that means more than just Todd Dodge) that produce NCAA D1-A athletic programs.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

It's fine with me. It's Dodge Ball time and this will help him start placing his own stamp of ownership of this program as well as putting the past in the past and move on with the future. I hate changing anything but this may be a time where it's needed.

FFR will make the adjustment.

Rick

I agree with your sentiment. I just want them to keep whatever we change to from now on!

I do not like that it will so closely resemble the Southlake helmets, but whatever...

I understand. UT has the same issue with WT White High School in Dallas, and Texas High in Texarkana. :ph34r:

right, but UT hasn't changed their helmets and uniforms 10+ times since they started playing football. It is not uncommon for high schools to mimic collegiate or pro helmets. It IS uncommon for a University to change their helmet to look very similar to a prominent HS in the area- the one from which they just got their new coach!

Here's to hoping the face masks are white, otherwise, it will be a dead-ringer!

I understand. UT has the same issue with WT White High School in Dallas, and Texas High in Texarkana. :ph34r:

I think with those helmet designs the high school duplicated UT. In our case UNT is duplicating Southlake Carroll. I like the Southlake Carroll uniforms, they are known throughout the state. When it comes down to it all that matters are wins. I just hate the fact that we change our uniform so much. Just a warning to you guys though, Southlake wore black pants during their playoff runs. So does bowl game equal black pants? :unsure: If you look good, you play good. To me as a fan I don't really care if Under Armor is our sponsor or not, but the players I'm sure love it. I can't explain it but you're more confident when you look good and feel good about what you are wearing. Examples; Tampa Bay from horrible Orange uniforms to their new design. Result? Superbowl. The Rams from their yellow and blue to the blue and gold. Result Superbowl. Falcons from their red and black to the black and red. Result? Micheal Vick flipping you off. More examples; Cleveland Cavaliers, Dallas Mavericks, and so on....

I need to do research on the correlation between changing uniforms (for the better) to success.

Either way, NT has "mailed" it in again in regards to helmet designs.

I don't think it's that hard to come up with a design, logo, nickname and stick with it. How many other schools have changed their helmets this much? Orgeon did it, Hawaii, Kansas, San Diego State? Just off the top of my head. Anymore that haven't had their helmets (with a little tweaking for the times) since helmets started being worn?

Fine with me. Was hoping for the NT Exes "NT" but I knew we wouldn't be getting it. I just hope the "North Texas" stands out more and is more readable than the current helmets with the thin white letters that were almost unreadable from only a short distance away.

Fine with me. Was hoping for the NT Exes "NT" but I knew we wouldn't be getting it. I just hope the "North Texas" stands out more and is more readable than the current helmets with the thin white letters that were almost unreadable from only a short distance away.

Very little difference between the current Southlake helmet and the proposed North Texas helmet. :cry:

dragonhelmet.jpgDodgeHelmet.jpg

Wonder if Southlake will change from the current Dragon decal to the name spelled out?

Southlake.jpg

Todd, listen to your new fans at NT. Give us SOW on the helmets.

Edited by DeepGreen

Todd, listen to your new fans at NT. Give us SOW on the helmets.

Problem is Deep, we all can't even agree on that!! I don't want SOW on the helmets! And I don't think I want SOW anywhere on the uniforms for that matter. The only thing to me that would be recognizable and unique would be the interlocking NT.

How many other schools have changed their helmets this much?

Actually, a lot.

If they use white face masks, it won't be a dead ringer for the Southlake Helmet. If they opt for green (which I assume they will given the green stripe down the center of the helmet), it's gonna be hard to hide from the comparisons! I think the white helmet will look good, just get ready for a barrage of Southlake North comments from the rest of the state!

Problem is Deep, we all can't even agree on that!! I don't want SOW on the helmets! And I don't think I want SOW anywhere on the uniforms for that matter. The only thing to me that would be recognizable and unique would be the interlocking NT.

The interlocking NT is never going to happen. The new branding pretty much eliminated that from contention, so we can all just let that go.

And though it is my preference as well, interlocking letters are far from unique. They are used in some form or fashion on several helmets like UH, OU, Texas Tech, KU, UK, to name a few...

Edited by Eagle1855

The interlocking NT is never going to happen. The new branding pretty much eliminated that from contention, so we can all just let that go.

And though it is my preference as well, interlocking letters are far from unique. They are used in some form or fashion on several helmets like UH, OU, Texas Tech, KU, UK, to name a few...

It will be unique because there is no "NT" interlocking for any other D1A university. It would be similar to those you listed but those are some pretty recognizeable schools you just listed.

On that, we agree. I mention the SOW because it is now a part of our official branding. I prefer the interlocking Exes NT also, but it's just not going to happen. How unfortunate. I just believe SOW is better than the name plastered across the helmet.