Espn Recap

UNT_92_Fan

AWESOME --- It was a great run there for a while. I am soooooo proud!!!

Great quotes from Bill Simmons:

10:13: Best unis of the tournament so far: North Texas and Texas Tech. North Texas's unis look like the Dallas Mavericks' uniforms, only with more stripes. Like 'em.

10:17: JackO finds the North Texas fight song online, then sings it for us in Bill Walton's voice. This seems like a good time to mention that he's on his second Smithwick's.

So a 15 point win is "surviving"? Y'all played a good game, but that is just a dumb quote by ESPN. Again...Congrats.

I think the point being made is a #2 seed should not have any trouble with a #15 seed. We pushed you most of the game and could have made it VERY interesting without some key mishandles and mistakes.

Not to mention we shot a measley 35% from the floor and you guys actually decided to go ahead and make 70% of your free throws.

and the first tool shows up! Congrats on the win enjoy the next one...the Aggies will bury your streetball team

So why am I a tool? I disagree with a dumb "ESPN" statement? Whatever. Wasn't anything personal aimed at anybody here. Y'all have been all class, except for you.

BTW...A&M ain't gonna get past Loisville. :D

I never said I had any class... everyone on this board that knows me knows I am a classless guy! When a team hasnt sniffed postseason in 18 years and they put on a good show, theres a time and place to just sit back and let them enjoy it as opposed to shitting in their punch bowl and making a statement about how you feel a story on ESPN is false. I could easily do the classless thing ans walk over to the Memphis board and start talking about how if Calvin wouldnt have rimmed out a dunk the momentum would have shifted and we would had a team from a weak conference on their heels but i will do the classy thing and defend my team on my own message board.

Any other questions?

And Yes the Aggies will get past Louisville and stomp a mudhole in yalls rec league playin, nothing closed to organized team. I give you credit...there's alot of talent on that team but they play the game like the guys in the rec center....

Sorry, I dont think my comments lade everyone look bad and just me...and if you really knew me then you know why I said something... The entire country is talking about a team that shouldnt have been there, just stuck with a team and he is gonna come over and make comments about something stupid. he deserves to hear it. I could go to his side and say shit like we are in the sunbelt and they shoulda stomped us...which i DONT believe....but I didn't. They won a good game...give some respeoct on both sides. And yes I do live and die by this team...I wasted ALOT fo my parents money skipping class for these guys the last five years

and I hope you are being sarcastic CMJ, cause I was pretty tame

Edited by UNT_92_Fan

Keep your mouth shut and let others assume you are an A$$hole, don't open your mouth and remove all doubt.

This is not directed at UNT_92_Fan. Just a general statement for all (NT & Memphis fans) to think about.

I think this memphis fan is just upset because he knows this game was alot closer than the score indicates, and he thought the last few points at the end that made it a 15 point game would lead people to belive they won this easily.. looks like he was wrong, people actually payed attention to the game.. Good game by Memphis though, they played a good game..

Edited by Keith7

I think this memphis fan is just upset because he knows this game was alot closer than the score indicates, and he thought the last few points at the end that made it a 15 point game would lead people to belive they won this easily.. looks like he was wrong, people actually payed attention to the game.. Good game by Memphis though, they played a good game..

They are generally giving us a lot of respect over on their board. Memphis forum link

Sample quote: "NOrth Texas shouldn't have been a 15 seed. They are actually a 12. They are long and athletic and probably would have finished second in CUSA."

Edited by Mean Green 93-98