Update On Gmg Bowl Iv

medpilot21

Due to many scheduling conflicts with our own people and the AD, the GMG Bowl-IV game is now tenatively scheduled for April 28th at 10:00AM, to be played at the Andrew Smith practice field (where we played last year). As it stands right now, and remember these dates are pending approval...

March 12th - GMG-Bowl Committee and team captains selected

March 16th - have shirt vendors selected. (Ashley Williams will get design as she did last year...thanks Kit - MeanGreenDork)

March 23rd - Player BIOS due, along with shirt sizes.

March 29th - Live player draft on GMG Board, plus any trades or substuitutes (time to be determined, but shooting for 9:00PM)

March 31st - Shirts orders placed based on team colors (everyone will pay their fees on gameday...reduces the hassle) Any fundraisers is addition to the game and shirt fees should be submitted no late than this date.

April 27th - Field walk-through for the Referees and committee. If field safe, go to dinner. If field not safe, walk field B.

April 28th -

Setup at 8:00AM.

Shirts handed out at 9:00 and money collected.

Team warmups and photos at 9:30

Captains coin-toss at 9:50

Opening prayer in tribute of Andrew Smith at 9:55

Game-time - 10:00

Halftime - 10:30

Second half - 10:45

Game ends - 11:15

Closing prayer for Andrew Smith -11:20

Pictures - game MVP selection - Game trophy presentations - 11:30

I am working with Mary Hardin (Coach Dodge's right-hand) and Brian Bethea to get everything finalized. Coach Dodge has already said he would support us in this effort, so I will post the finalized timeline as soon as posible. In the mean time, note the date changes and be thinking about your Bios.

More info to come...

GMG!!!

so uhh whats the age requirement for this game? Cause its prefinals week and I'm down to play some football

No age requirement. You must be a member of this board to play, but all are welcome to come out and be a part of the event. I dont believe we have ever had a player younger than 18, so I would call that a minimum age. I believe everyone on the board clears that one, So get your bio ready and watch for the final timelines (schedules). They will be posted soon.

GMG!!!

And the great news is, for the second year in a row, The GMG.com Bowl will NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! be on a day that I'm on duty. Thank medpilot, thank you very much. I greatly appreciate it, and if you draft me this year, I'll do my best for a repeat performance against Emmitt and Zeke.

Rick

So does that mean that this year you'll be catching your TD passes from inside the athletic center or just outside of it?

Glad the date works out. There were others with scheduling issues as well, so good deal.

As for the jerseys and Fouts Field, we really dont want to play at Fouts Field. We should play this game every year on Andrew Smith's Field. (It is a scholarship in his name?) The Andrew Smith Practice field is kept up, It's natual grass, and we wont have that black rubber stuff in our ears, mouths and noses like we would if we played at Fouts. As for the jerseys... Anyone who wants to get a donor to put those up for us feel free. I have no contact for jerseys that would be donated. Yes, we could buy them... but that takes away from the money we can give to the scholarship fund? Last year FFR (Rick McKinney) got the shirts donated, and I got the names and lettering donated. I may have found a source for the shirts and lettering, but they will not donate jerseys. (I'm still pushing for the t-shirts) So, if you have a source for the jerseys please let me know. Otherwise we will have t-shirts again, which we have been happy with.

More info to follow.

GMG!!!

Alex,

Why don't you try and get some jerseys donated for us? I would also like a jersey but this is a fundraiser and the idea is to give back to the athletic dept. In exchange, they are very cooperative and let us use the field free of charge. They also usually open up the AC for us (restrooms, refreshments, and a place to take pictures/crown the winner)...

Steve,

I have the trophy from last year so you do not need to worry about buying a new trophy. All that we need for it is a new year - and if you want, I will go take care of that myself. I was thinking about chaning out the faceplate of it to document the past 3 winners of the game - what do you think about that? Then each year we could update the name plate like the freaking Stanley Cup or something, lol... Anyways - I have it, it is in great shape - sitting on display on my desk in my office at work. Still is brand new in every way.

Now - I would ask one small thing of the players and the board... I know that you guys have really taken this ball and run with it since I put the first game together four years ago; but I would like to be captain of the green team por favor. I cannot play in the game very much due to a very bad back. I have had surgery since last year - but I really won't be able to play too much as it is still a pretty iffy situation. Last year I was able to muster exactly one play, on the last play of the game (an interception, it was!) - but anyways - if you would please let me carry on this tradition of being a team captain that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

steve boedeker

I started training yesterday. Nothing but Subway, water, and jogging for now.

But is double meat and extra dressing really training?

I am 16, been on the boards since I was 14. Me, along with 5 or so others were the teens in lower section E who painted a couple of times at the home games.

Haven't missed a game since 04'. Only one of us has alumni that went to North Texas, we just like the team, and like the games.

I'm pretty sure all of us would like to play, if the rules can be bent.

I am 16, been on the boards since I was 14. Me, along with 5 or so others were the teens in lower section E who painted a couple of times at the home games.

Haven't missed a game since 04'. Only one of us has alumni that went to North Texas, we just like the team, and like the games.

I'm pretty sure all of us would like to play, if the rules can be bent.

The way I figure it...as long as you guys put in your money for the scholarship fund and stay the hell away from my beer...I don't see why not. Remember that one of the rules is: "You must be a member of this board". However, one post counts as "member".

From what I've seen, he can't play in Denton, either so it shouldn't make a bit of difference. B)

Exactly.

Edited by JayDub

I'm hoping to make it this year. There are a lot of variables, foremost being possible surgery on my foot. If I'm available anyone need a 6'6" TE? If I'm not available I could always be a waterboy. Just call me 'Bobby Boucher'. Now that's what I call high quality H2O!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question. Anyone have kids with saturday morning games such as soccer and baseball? I'm coaching my boy's T ball team. We haven't recieved our schedule yet, but I'm worried about the 10 a.m. start for our flag football game since most leagues have saturday games through the noon hour, at least?

Rick

I have looked at moving the start-time to the early afternoon. Remember that in late April it is getting hot in the afternoon. (at least it was last year) However, we should get as many people as possible in for this game. So, unless I run across a road block from the Athletic Department, we will attempt a 1:00 kickoff. Again, nothing is definite until we get the approvals, and they are a little busy right now with a NCAA Basketball Tournament in New Orleans. We will re-visit this when they get back.

Go MEAN GREEN BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!!!......Beat Memphis!