Video Of Peprally

bdan2002

Geez, even after winning the conference we can't get more than a few dozen people to show up on a campus of 33,000.

If you looked at the Ch. 8 video, they never really focused on the crowd at all. I saw only one of their shots that really included any of the crowd, and it just caught one edge. The majority of the people there are never shown in the copter shot.

If you looked at the Ch. 8 video, they never really focused on the crowd at all. I saw only one of their shots that really included any of the crowd, and it just caught one edge. The majority of the people there are never shown in the copter shot.

I did look at the Ch. 8 video. If there was a crowd bigger than what was shown from the chopper, I humbly retract my statement.

I was there and it was a decent crowd. Still though, our team is Sun Belt Conference Champs and we are going to the NCAA Tourney! We should have at least had 500 people.

BUT...I blame it all on the University's Marketing. There was nothing up on campus today about us winning. They HAVE got to get the word out there. They do such a piss poor job, I don't understand. I talked to a bunch of friends and they didn't know what was even going on. That's inexcusable. We need to start acting like the 4th largest school in Texas.

BUT...I blame it all on the University's Marketing. There was nothing up on campus today about us winning. They HAVE got to get the word out there.

Exactly. The local media can only do so much. UNT has Eaglemail, and instead of sending emails informing students about sporting events, they send this junk. here is a sample of the subject lines in my "Official Mail" inbox:

Pregnancy & New Mother Support Group Opportunity

Romantic Relationships Group Therapy Opportunity

Tango Night: FREE Tango Lessons

Rosshirt & Fletcher painting exhibit, Union Gallery

FREE to UNT Students, Claire Porter Dance: Namely Muscles

Vic Henley Comedian to perform at UNT

Decorate Your Own Valentine cookies

Exactly. The local media can only do so much. UNT has Eaglemail, and instead of sending emails informing students about sporting events, they send this junk. here is a sample of the subject lines in my "Official Mail" inbox:

Pregnancy & New Mother Support Group Opportunity

Romantic Relationships Group Therapy Opportunity

Tango Night: FREE Tango Lessons

Rosshirt & Fletcher painting exhibit, Union Gallery

FREE to UNT Students, Claire Porter Dance: Namely Muscles

Vic Henley Comedian to perform at UNT

Decorate Your Own Valentine cookies

Yes Flyer i know!! What the hell is all that crap? Haha I'm so tired of getting that stuff.

And like you've said before. They send things out so late. Like the day of and most people check it once a day if that so it's got to be sooner! Come marketing, help us out!

Edited by MeanGreengdub

Well, there was the article on mgs.com about the pep rally, and I had an event on Facebook that a good number of people were invited to, along with the current Pit Crew group sending out a message to everyone about it. The few things that I can think of is that many get out of class around noon, and there's nothing to keep them there for another 3 hours, some folks had to go to work (as some of my friends had to), or few were willing to leave afternoon classes early to come.

Was the pep rally held on the east side of the Super Pit where no one can see it other than people who might be driving by to go park fro class or walk to/from their car over at Fouts?

They should have had the team bus pull up into the turnaround either in front of Bruce as close as possible to the north side of the administration building or on the east side of the student union where the most people are when classes let out. Should have had the stage set up right in front of the Eagle statue or in the middle of the Library Mall, somewhere in the heart of campus.

Location, Location, Location!

Rick

Was the pep rally held on the east side of the Super Pit where no one can see it other than people who might be driving by to go park fro class or walk to/from their car over at Fouts?

They should have had the team bus pull up into the turnaround either in front of Bruce as close as possible to the north side of the administration building or on the east side of the student union where the most people are when classes let out. Should have had the stage set up right in front of the Eagle statue or in the middle of the Library Mall, somewhere in the heart of campus.

Location, Location, Location!

Rick

It was right outside the Super Pit on Highland. The bus pulled up in the circle drive.

I was able to see the Fox 4, 9pm sports-- had good coverage and interviews.

I watched the channel 11 sports at 10, Babe L. had a good report, video coverage

was very good, interviews with JJ and CW. Their video reflected a good crowd at

the pep rally!

I did not see channel 5 or 8's sports. ( I do not care for Dale at all )

What was surprising, is that both channel 4 and 11, had their NT reports first,

then the very next story was about the $muts losing in the first round of the

cusa tournament! How sweet is that!