Mean Green 2007 Fb Schedule Finalized

Harry

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--Two open dates.... Sept. 15 and Nov 3. ..........long season with 12 games...

Two weeks to prepare for Navy which give the band time to get together a good Veterans's day program (if they will), Tough September..

9/1 @ OU

9/8 @SMU

9/22 FLA ATLANTIC

9/29 @ ARKANSAS

10/6 @ LOUISANA LAFAYETTE

10/13 LOUISIANA MONROE

10/20 @ TROY

10/27 MUTS

11/10 NAVY

11/15 @ARKY STATE

11/24 WESTERN KENTUCKY

12/1 @ FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

What gives with 5 home games instead of 6? I'm sure this has to happen to someone, but didnt we do this last year also? Is this just typical when you schedule OOC money games that are contingent on playing at their place? Help me understand this. The only saving grace to me is that the SMU game will FEEL like a home game, but still....

Edited by trud1966

I don't like the final home game being the Satuday after Thanksgiving. A couple years ago, we played Arkansas State on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and attentance was just plain terrible.

I think we were also en route to a 2-9 season and the weather was bad.... not much incentive, but I agree, it is a tough game to get people to attend. But then again, the majority of people that go to NT live or are from the metroplex... I think it will depend largely on the record and the weather.

I think the schedule ensures we will have some pretty good-sized crowds at most home games. I think the Navy game will be huge, as will the opener against FAU. Looks like we will have a homecoming game against ULM or better yet, MTSU (which btw, why are we playing them at home again?).

What gives with the conference schedule ? Why do we have 3 home & 4 away again as we did last year ? If there's a fair rotation we should have 4 home and 3 away. At Troy, at Arky State, at ULL AGAIN ? Hosting the Muts & Florida Atlantic AGAIN ? They must throw darts at a map to determine the conference home & away games. <_<

Edited by MeanGreen61

What gives with the conference schedule ? Why do we have 3 home & 4 away again as we did last year ? If there's a fair rotation we should have 4 home and 3 away. At Troy, at Arky State, at ULL AGAIN ? Hosting the Muts & Florida Atlantic AGAIN ? They must throw darts at a map to determine the conference home & away games. <_<

Probably you will see a reverse next year... most conference schedules are set as two year flip-flops and maybe 07 & 08 are the flip-flops.... adding Western Kentucky changed up some things as well. It was mentioned about the FAU and FIU change so we dont have two Florida trips in one year.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

i looked at troys schedule for next year, and it seems we play them at home.... then im sure the others are flip flopped as well. I'm planning on going to the OU,SMU, and Arkansas games as well as all the home games. We get to watch a Heisman Candidate in Darren McFadden, and see how Dodges offense does after a tough september

Probably you will see a reverse next year... most conference schedules are set as two year flip-flops and maybe 07 & 08 are the flip-flops.... adding Western Kentucky changed up some things as well. It was mentioned about the FAU and FIU change so we dont have two Florida trips in one year.

Should be doesn't mean it will happen. Why are we hosting the MUTS 2 years in a row & at Troy/Arky State/ULL 2 years in a row ? It certainly shouldn't have too been difficult to make some adjustments there. Oh well, after all it's the Sun Belt ;)

This schedule just plain sucks.

In the first 5 weeks of the season, we get 1 home game.

Season ticket holders really got the shaft on this one. 5 home games on a 12 game schedule, one of which is on a busy (travel) holiday weekend.

1 of the 5 home games is against a D1-AA team. I know they will be in the confrence in 2009, but I feel very let down.

TD wants this to be the metroplex's team, but I don't see a whole lot here that will get people excited about buying a ticket.

Playing teams like Florida Atlantic and Florida International feeds the fire of those who think the Sun Belt is a joke. Most people around here have never heard of those schools. Many people (Not familiar with the Sun Belt or from Florida) equate FAU and FIU to the University of Pheonix.

It's going to be hard to get new fans to the games when our home schedule is so pathetic.

All in all I think it is a great schedule. We've got Navy at home...that's really going to be exciting. SMU is well...SMU. Doesn't get any better than that. Our money games are close enough to travel for a lot of fans. I see no negatives. Let's pack 'em. I would especially love to see us have as many fans at SMU as the Ponies!

Playing teams like Florida Atlantic and Florida International feeds the fire of those who think the Sun Belt is a joke. Most people around here have never heard of those schools. Many people (Not familiar with the Sun Belt or from Florida) equate FAU and FIU to the University of Pheonix.

Might want to tap the brakes on that one... until we can wrestle away the fact that FAU is undefeated against us, anyway.

The Florida schools will be anything BUT the Belt's problem long term. Bank on it.

9/1 @ OU

9/8 @SMU

9/22 FLA ATLANTIC

9/29 @ ARKANSAS

10/6 @ LOUISANA LAFAYETTE

10/13 LOUISIANA MONROE

10/20 @ TROY

10/27 MUTS

11/10 NAVY

11/15 @ARKY STATE

11/24 WESTERN KENTUCKY

12/1 @ FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

I'd like it better if we got rid of the SBC games. <_<

Don't overanalyze a schedule in advance! ("OK, daylight savings end Nov. 5 and we play Navy five days later, so we'll be rested from the extra hour of sleep, and the Middies have to fly across a time zone and ride the bus from the airport to get here, so they'll have jet lag, and then we play Ark State up there the next Thursday night, so all the Ark State fans will be at home watching 'My Name is Earl,' because in Arkansas they think it's a news program ...")

The point is, look at who we play. This is a potential (not predicted, mind you) 9-3 schedule. The three are OU, Ark and Troy.

Edited by Green to the Bone

I agree with a lot of the sentiments already expressed. We shouldn't get the 3 conference home games/4 conference away games TWO YEARS IN A ROW. Also, playing on Thanksgiving Saturday sucks for attendance.

By the way....how in the heck can the SBC make it up to us (this 3/4 conference home game stuff), if next year WKU joins? From then on, everyone will be playing a 4/4 conference schedule. So there will be no way, at that point to have back to back years with 4 conference home games, and 3 on the road.

On the plus side.....I think we're avoiding playing a home game on the weekend of the 2nd NASCAR race (isn't that usually the first Saturday in November?)

Edited by SUMG

Guest GrayEagleOne

I don't like the final home game being the Satuday after Thanksgiving. A couple years ago, we played Arkansas State on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and attentance was just plain terrible.

I believe that the attendance is Florida International's problem.

I believe that the attendance is Florida International's problem.

No, Brian is right. Our WKU game (the final home game) is the Saturday after Thanksgiving (which is on Nov. 22 this year). So, the FIU away game is a week later...or 9 days after Turkey Day.

Guest GrayEagleOne

The reason that we got another 3/4 this year instead of the 4/3 that we were entitiled to is splitting the Florida schedule so that we go to Florida only once in a year. Florida International would have been scheduled to come here this year, giving us our sixth home game.

Next year, WKU will be a member, giving us 4/4. Our home games are Louisiana-Lafayette, Troy, Arkansas State and Florida International. Our away games would be Florida Atlantic, Louisiana-Montoe, Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky. We know that we will get Miami (FL) away. Unless we are able to flip-flop the schedule, we should be away at some MAC school. That would give us six away games and leave no room for another money game. Then we would need two home games. My guess is that one will be a 1-AA and the other a regional school (Louisiana Tech, Rice, Houston, Tulsa).

I think that Navy this year will be a sellout and, if we do well this year, Troy will be a sellout next year. Even without great schedules I'll be disappointed if we don't average 23-25,000 each year.