Time For Change.

Eagle Man

Yes, they are great people but both have had ample time to prove they can build winners on the basketball court. They haven't.

Somewhat agree with you but I wouldnt say that about JJ YET....As far as Slinker is concerned she's been at the helm for 18 FREAKING YEARS and what has she ever done? I think get rid of Slinker before JJ....she's had 3 times more time to make some noise.

JJ just lost to what amounts to a 7 man basketball team. His performance is conference games has been pathetic at best. His teams always play at the talent level of the team rather than just coming out and dominating the games they should. We should not have been last minute with UTA or ULL or FIU. We should not have gotten killed by ASU or UALR and come on Nebraska?! The team didn't even show up until after more than half the first half was over. UNO was the ONLY loss I feel we played our best and still lost. The other 5 our team either didn't show up or played lazy and at the other teams talent level, not ours. JJ better get his shit together come tourney time because anything less than an appearance in the final should not be tolerated. A first round exit should get his ass fired. Last night was a pathetic excuse for a basketball game. FIU should have never been in it.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

Basketball is beating me down the way football was before DD was fired. Except that I got to enjoy going to 3 NO Bowls to see the football team. I've defended basketball and how it should be supported all I can. I can't blame people for not wanting to go watch JJ tank another season or Slinker doing whatever it is that she has been doing for 18 years. I'll go when I can, but I won't be missing any work or breaking any arrangements to go see these teams. Until RV, the athletic department and the university as a whole starts taking basketball seriously, I don't see any point for people to go out of their way to support what is turning into something that is unsupportable. The only reason I'll go is because I love basketball and I like seeing athletes that are a lot better than me play. Too bad I can go watch Argyle, Ponder or other small high schools in the area, and see better coaching.

Basketball is beating me down the way football was before DD was fired. Except that I got to enjoy going to 3 NO Bowls to see the football team. I've defended basketball and how it should be supported all I can. I can't blame people for not wanting to go watch JJ tank another season or Slinker doing whatever it is that she has been doing for 18 years. I'll go when I can, but I won't be missing any work or breaking any arrangements to go see these teams. Until RV, the athletic department and the university as a whole starts taking basketball seriously, I don't see any point for people to go out of their way to support what is turning into something that is unsupportable. The only reason I'll go is because I love basketball and I like seeing athletes that are a lot better than me play. Too bad I can go watch Argyle, Ponder or other small high schools in the area, and see better coaching.

Amen.

That's fine. In fact, I think you're making the right choice by not coming to the games. If watching kids lose a basketball game makes you that angry, and if your life is so profoundly affected by the performance of people you don't even know and who don't know you, it's best that you stay away.

For me, I think I'll try to keep things in perspective. But that's just me.

That's fine. In fact, I think you're making the right choice by not coming to the games. If watching kids lose a basketball game makes you that angry, and if your life is so profoundly affected by the performance of people you don't even know and who don't know you, it's best that you stay away.

For me, I think I'll try to keep things in perspective. But that's just me.

I'm not exactly sure where this came from, and it doesn't make any sense. I'm not worried about the performance of the players. They are doing what they are coached to do. I'm not angry, I'm beginning to become apathetic, which is exactly what I had been trying to get all the other Mean Green fans to stop being when it came to basketball. I just want the athletic department to take basketball seriously, set some standards and do what it takes to progress the program. If you don't want that, then I don't know what to tell you other than you have no perspective at all. Have fun with 12 more years of JJ. Heck, he might win a conference tournament game or two during that span.

Edited by e-bone ver2.awesome

Greek... that's the kind of vision for our athletic department that I like to see! What do you think keeps Baylor in the Big 12? It's not football or men's basketball, but baseball, track and *gasp* women's basketball?!? What is this world coming to???

But anyways, your post failed. Saying women's basketball mens nothing and giving JJ a pass for making no progression since his first season is exactly what is wrong with UNT athletics. You just reinforced the point that many of us is trying to make.

Why not wait and see how Jones finishes this season before starting to call for his head? Last time I checked, the record isn't that bad overall, and for every cupcake victory, we've also had a pretty significant win. Not saying that things are perfect; I was at the Bellhaven game, and I think we looked terrible. That was the worst 27 point win possible. But we also beat WKU on the road, which is progress.

I don't think anyone has called for JJs head during the current season. However , if we do not win a SBC tourney game or say win at least 20 wins then he must go. If another season goes by that repeats itself and people still back JJ , they must think way too small in life and accept mediocrity.

The WKU road victory was great yes,but under JJ it seems that for every step this program takes forward it is quicky followed by 2 steps back.

While I agree with you on the most part about Women's BB, 18 years is just too much for someone who has not shown anything for it.

Edited by NT03

I don't think anybody saying fire JJ or Tina before the season ends, but if they continue to fold as they are currently doing, Don't Wait to examine the situation, FIRE THEIR A$$E$ the day after the last game.

Now saying that, hope we win both tonight!

Greek... that's the kind of vision for our athletic department that I like to see! What do you think keeps Baylor in the Big 12? It's not football or men's basketball, but baseball, track and *gasp* women's basketball?!? What is this world coming to???

But anyways, your post failed. Saying women's basketball mens nothing and giving JJ a pass for making no progression since his first season is exactly what is wrong with UNT athletics. You just reinforced the point that many of us is trying to make.

Great way to state that.

Guest GrayEagleOne

JJ's a real enigma all right. But it's still a little early to be saying much yet. He may very well be 13-6. Now if he were 6-13 there would be no question. But, what if he wins out say up to the tournament finals? Then we would be compelled to see what he can do with an even better team next year.

At this point, the team would have to either win the conference tournament and make the NCAAs, or lose in the conference final, go to the NIT and win at least 1 game for me to be behind JJ next season. But I have no confidence that he will be removed at the end of this season even if the team loses every game for the rest of the season. That might even be grounds for a contract extension.