Unt Vs. Fiu Game

chrisfisher

12-6 is the exact same record that we had last season (after 18 games). But then, we were 5-2 in league play....not 3-4.

JJ will NEVER take us to the NIT or NCAA tournament. He's a good guy, decent recruiter, but he's a lousy game coach.

Edited by SUMG

12-6 is the ecxact same record that we had last season (after 18 games).

JJ will NEVER take us to the NIT or NCAA tournament. He's a good guy, decent recruiter, but he's a lousy game coach.

Wow , that's scary. Same time almost the same post. Great minds think alike I guess

Once again....JJ referred to a sub .500 opponent as a "great team." In his post game show, he called FAU (our Saturday opponent) a "great team."

That crap gets really old.

Also, Hank and Steve pointed out during the broadcast that JJ is putting out the word that, because of our OOC success, our team has "bullseyes on their chests", and thus we get every opponents' best game.

Who's he freakin' kidding?

Edited by SUMG

Also, Hank and Steve pointed out during the broadcast that JJ is putting out the word that, because of our OOC success, our team has "bullseyes on their chests", and thus we get every opponents' best game.

Even if that was the case, why is it we don't step up our game. <_<

Once again....JJ referred to a sub .500 opponent as a "great team." In his post game show, he called FAU (our Saturday opponent) a "great team."

That crap gets really old.

Referring to our opponent during a post game interview on how good they were and how great they played sounds kinda familiar :blink:

All those big wins against the likes of Belhaven, Jarvis Christian, Nichols State, Cameron, etc. really strikes fear in our conference opponents. What a joke. :angry:

I will stick to my post from last week and not make any comments on the game so as not to draw the ire of a couple of fans on :huh:her e. Come to think of it, where are those two?

This year is starting to remind me a LOT of last year...with that said im ready fro saturday night

Edited by mwynn05

You idiots - the only way to fix this is blind faith...

and many, many, MANY more threes.

FIU took my advice, and now they are winners.

"Dribbling is for douchebags" - John Wooden, at the 1852 Jimmy V Coaches vs. Cancer Classic

One observation: I noticed in the first half we came out swinging like the team of old from earlier this season. We were super aggressive in our shooting, Cavlin Watson had the hot hand, and were nailing our shots, including 3 pointers. Then, in the second half, our offense went super conservative. It was almost like JJ told them that they were being too aggressive or needed to stop taking outside shots and move the ball around more to wait for the "high percentage shot." I am not sure how to explain the night and day difference in halfs?!? Anyone else have a better explanation?

One observation: I noticed in the first half we came out swinging like the team of old from earlier this season. We were super aggressive in our shooting, Cavlin Watson had the hot hand, and were nailing our shots, including 3 pointers. Then, in the second half, our offense went super conservative. It was almost like JJ told them that they were being too aggressive or needed to stop taking outside shots and move the ball around more to wait for the "high percentage shot." I am not sure how to explain the night and day difference in halfs?!? Anyone else have a better explanation?

Well it didnt seem to hurt us any because we were down one at half and lost by 1.....(not being "smart" i didnt listen to or watch the game just a comment and curiousity)

True that we only lost by 1 point; however, our second half scoring output dropped. In fact, FIU had at least 2, maybe 3, 5-7 minute scoring droughts, where we could not pull ahead to take a commanding lead; moreover, we would go on a scoring drought ourselves during these periods. It is also true that both defenses tightened up, but I can't help thinking that if we were a tad more aggressive in the second half we could have easily won.

On another note, KD had a really bad game in terms of shooting (4 of 15 on 2 point shots). I am not criticizing, only stating a fact. I wouldn't think of coming down on him on him for this off night given how many times he has saved our arses. Wooden stepped up his play big time in the second half, but we needed another guard to get the hot hand when KD was struggling, and it didn't appear that anyone heeded that call.

True that we only lost by 1 point; however, our second half scoring output dropped. In fact, FIU had at least 2, maybe 3, 5-7 minute scoring droughts, where we could not pull ahead to take a commanding lead; moreover, we would go on a scoring drought ourselves during these periods. It is also true that both defenses tightened up, but I can't help thinking that if we were a tad more aggressive in the second half we could have easily won.

On another note, KD had a really bad game in terms of shooting (4 of 15 on 2 point shots). I am not criticizing, only stating a fact. I wouldn't think of coming down on him on him for this off night given how many times he has saved our arses. Wooden stepped up his play big time in the second half, but we needed another guard to get the hot hand when KD was struggling, and it didn't appear that anyone heeded that call.

Okay I got ya now.....This team has a had a lot of problems in the games they have lost but it all starts with two things defense and patience/ballmovement....i dont mind a few bad shots a game but just be patient and work for a good shot you have 35 seconds and if your going to force a shot because of the shot clock make sure the shot is forced down low by wooden or another big man....on defense I think the guys just need to work on their rotations and staying at home when off of the ball and not wandering to far on helpside