Free Money!

emmitt01

I figured that since so few have shown up to my basketball tailgates I'll just start standing in the Fouts parking lot handing out $100 bills instead and see how many show up.

So, at the next double-header on the 20th I'll be out there with free money. Unfortunately all of the Benjamins I've been saving under my mattress have become a bit wrinkled.

Know what, after reading some of the posts bitching about a VICTORY because ULL was 4-12 coming in I've decided to forego handing out the money. The wrinkled $100 bills probably wouldn't be good enough for half of you.

I figured that since so few have shown up to my basketball tailgates I'll just start standing in the Fouts parking lot handing out $100 bills instead and see how many show up.

So, at the next double-header on the 20th I'll be out there with free money. Unfortunately all of the Benjamins I've been saving under my mattress have become a bit wrinkled.

Know what, after reading some of the posts bitching about a VICTORY because ULL was 4-12 coming in I've decided to forego handing out the money. The wrinkled $100 bills probably wouldn't be good enough for half of you.

:lol::lol: LMAO! :lol::lol:

Please, I would love for everything to be different this year, but it looks to be shaping up to be a typical JJ season. With the talent on the team, that is unacceptable. Please tell me what you see different in this year's team as opposed to JJ's previous teams?

I would love to come and tailgate, but the 7:00pm starts are impossible to make commuting in from Houston.

Please, I would love for everything to be different this year, but it looks to be shaping up to be a typical JJ season. With the talent on the team, that is unacceptable. Please tell me what you see different in this year's team as opposed to JJ's previous teams?

I would love to come and tailgate, but the 7:00pm starts are impossible to make commuting in from Houston.

What do I see? I see a team that won last night...every year prior to this one that was a game that we not only lose but lose by about 10 at the end because we heave up desperation 3's and then resort to fouling when that doesn't work. This time around we drove to the basket, took the easy 2, and went back downcourt looking for a defensive stop. We did it on two consecutive possessions when they pushed the lead back to 3. And please, please, don't give me this "they were 4-12" tripe. Duke, Florida, Gonzaga, all of them lose conference games to teams that they are better than. That's how it is when every team is fighting for the upper hand. Looking at the forest and not the trees I see an improved ballclub.

Also, I see a team that beat Tulsa at home, beat Rice on the road and beat UNC Charlotte. JJ's previous teams would not have won these games because they didn't have to talent...or the discipline.

Most of all though, I see a fanbase that was so tired of JJ before this season started that they respond to the wins with "just wait, we'll fold" and respond to the losses as "see, I told you so."

This is all subject to my having egg on my face if they pull a complete 180 but as it stands they need to go 2-9 down the stretch to equal last year's W/L record.

Edited by emmitt01

What do I see? I see a team that won last night...every year prior to this one that was a game that we not only lose but lose by about 10 at the end because we heave up desperation 3's and then resort to fouling when that doesn't work. This time around we drove to the basket, took the easy 2, and went back downcourt looking for a defensive stop. We did it on two consecutive possessions when they pushed the lead back to 3. And please, please, don't give me this "they were 4-12" tripe. Duke, Florida, Gonzaga, all of them lose conference games to teams that they are better than. That's how it is when every team is fighting for the upper hand. Looking at the forest and not the trees I see an improved ballclub.

Also, I see a team that beat Tulsa at home, beat Rice on the road and beat UNC Charlotte. JJ's previous teams would not have won these games because they didn't have to talent...or the discipline.

Most of all though, I see a fanbase that was so tired of JJ before this season started that they respond to the wins with "just wait, we'll fold" and respond to the losses as "see, I told you so."

This is all subject to my having egg on my face if they pull a complete 180 but as it stands they need to go 2-9 down the stretch to equal last year's W/L record.

You spoke my mind Emmit01 on last nights game to supporting the team. I am not ready to slam JJ or the team. I want to keep it as positive as I can so I can actually enjoy supporting my team. Baring a complete team break, I'll suspend my judgment on JJ until I see the end result.

Edited by chrisfisher

Settle down. Its two road losses in a row, big deal. We have played some good ball at times this season. Have some faith that we will play to our potential down the stretch. People attending the games, being a fan, showing some support, really does wonders for the players, and can provide them with a positive attitude and an extra little chip on their shoulders.

after six years of watching it fall apart about this time it gets old

Watching it fall apart? If at 12-5 you think things have "fallen apart" they will never deserve your support I guess.

Why is everyone missing the point, by the way? These kids play for the MEAN GREEN. I can't speak for anyone else but that's all the reason I've ever needed to give my 110% to them.

THe Mean Green Punch will suffice...lol.

hey emmit- what time do your tailgates start? ill be out at the next one for sure

as for the team, i think that they have the talent and have the ability to make a run at it this year. they arent just throwing up 3's and our interior game has really stepped it up lately. they hit a midseason slump and dropped two games in a row, that happens, but with the make up of this team i believe they will bounce back. they showed a lot with that victory over ull coming from behind and playing the entire game.

Yep, I think we're better this year for sure. Last year, we wouldn't have had a courtside monitor by now even :D

You always see after the selection comittee is finished, there are about half a dozen or so schools that point to a 20+ win season and say "why didn't we get selected?"

It almost always comes down to strength of schedule. NT's schedule this season is pretty weak. Not complaining about conference. No room to whine about conference. Non-conference is where the big deal is on the SOC. NT played Nebraska and that is about it for non-con.

So it still comes down to the conference tournament. If NT ends up with 18-20 wins and loses the tourney, any whining about not getting an at-large bid to the NCAAs is nuts. I will be disapointed but I definately will understand why and hope for an NIT invite.

And YES...any time I use the :P smiley I am joking.

Edited by gksmith