Soccer Recruiting

nortx9

Have not had a chance to update the recruiting process for soccer lately, but interest has been strong among top local talent. Not a lot of detail to share yet, but the incoming class of 2007 is shaping up nicely. Team reportedly has oral commitments from several top area club D-I players (Sting, Solar and Defeeters), and decisions are due before end of year on a couple more. Based on the preliminary oral commitments it has been a very well rounded recruiting effort for defensive and attacking players. Should the results round out as is expected, this could be a very high regionally ranked recruiting class for UNT. The 2008 class is shaping up strong too, and the strength of the 2007 class commitments is helping that along. GMG Soccer!

Current soccer committments per Soccer Buzz

2007 Recruits By School

New College First Name Last Name Pos Hometown St/Ctry HS/Prev College Tr Club

# North Texas Lindsey Lackore Frisco TX Frisco HS Sting Royal

# North Texas Catherine Pollock D Denton TX Denton HS D'Feeters

# North Texas Janaye Woods F Allen TX Allen HS Sting Royal

Edited by GrandGreen

Current soccer committments per Soccer Buzz

2007 Recruits By School

# North Texas Lindsey Lackore Frisco TX Frisco HS Sting Royal

# North Texas Catherine Pollock D Denton TX Denton HS D'Feeters

# North Texas Janaye Woods F Allen TX Allen HS Sting Royal

All three are top players, and there should be more that were supposed to commit this past week before holidays. Lackore is a real late find, believe she was supposed to be going to an SEC school (S.Fla or something). Huge pickup!! Woods is fast and skillful, another Juett-style player. Pollock is highly regarded defender. They are not done yet, this class is looking really good if the commits yet to post hold up. We should have two coming from Solar 89 (which is troubling they are not already on the list?? They were early oral commits), possibly a transfer from a Big 12 school, and two other local players I know were in the mix. Hope we can get the others listed soon.

Updated soccer buzz page

2007 Recruits By School

# North Texas Danielle Herron M Flower Mound TX Flower Mound HS Solar

North Texas Lindsey Lackore M Frisco TX Frisco HS Sting Royal

North Texas Catherine Pollock D Denton TX Denton HS D'Feeters

# North Texas Ciarra True F Justin TX Northwest HS Sting Royal

North Texas Janaye Woods F Allen TX Allen HS Sting Royal

Solar team page also shows Mandy Hall committed to NT.

Updated soccer buzz page

2007 Recruits By School

# North Texas Danielle Herron M Flower Mound TX Flower Mound HS Solar

North Texas Lindsey Lackore M Frisco TX Frisco HS Sting Royal

North Texas Catherine Pollock D Denton TX Denton HS D'Feeters

# North Texas Ciarra True F Justin TX Northwest HS Sting Royal

North Texas Janaye Woods F Allen TX Allen HS Sting Royal

Solar team page also shows Mandy Hall committed to NT.

Good deal, thanks for checking that.....Buzz is at least a week behind loading the list of players submitted.....that is a fine class from reputable LHGCL club teams. We also got the transfer player I hear, another ex-local from Big 12 team, great player too. Committed late last week. Looking at the lists published so far, we have a better class on paper than MUTS or WK. Denver landed a good player, but is the only one reported....

• 4 weeks later...

See the article on Lackore in todays Sunday Sports? Looks like we have a futbol/football player.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...r/vitindex.html

Has she signed yet? I thought soccer signing day was the same as football.

Have not had a chance to update the recruiting process for soccer lately, but interest has been strong among top local talent. Not a lot of detail to share yet, but the incoming class of 2007 is shaping up nicely. Team reportedly has oral commitments from several top area club D-I players (Sting, Solar and Defeeters), and decisions are due before end of year on a couple more. Based on the preliminary oral commitments it has been a very well rounded recruiting effort for defensive and attacking players. Should the results round out as is expected, this could be a very high regionally ranked recruiting class for UNT. The 2008 class is shaping up strong too, and the strength of the 2007 class commitments is helping that along. GMG Soccer!

How about an update on soccer....strong program for UNT...we need to bring back men's soccer to go with our strong women's program under Coach hedlund.

Two weeks ago I spent the weekend at the Govenor's Cup in Georgetown talking to coaches and parents as I watched 32 high school teams play. What surprised me was how many top Soph and Jr. girls are considering or will consider going to UNT.

I sent the list to John, and we'll have to see how it turns out. Still, there are dozens of girls from south of Waco who are interested. It looks like the program will continue strong and could get much stronger.

Two weeks ago I spent the weekend at the Govenor's Cup in Georgetown talking to coaches and parents as I watched 32 high school teams play. What surprised me was how many top Soph and Jr. girls are considering or will consider going to UNT.

I sent the list to John, and we'll have to see how it turns out. Still, there are dozens of girls from south of Waco who are interested. It looks like the program will continue strong and could get much stronger.

Make sure Zakel gets it too! Sometimes there is a lag time there...... :P

been sick , was late with the letter I think, all is good today.......

This is an awesome class!! All were committed failrly early and stuck with it. the 90 class is already shaping up to be a good one too. I do not think they are done yet either for this year's class, maybe some key transfers, etc. Know more by summer I'm sure....

How about the Spring schedule? Has anyone heard when that will be published?

Well, first games are this weekend at A & M- 4 small sided games (Houston, Utep, A & M........and I think Tulsa?) Can't remember.....see you all there!!......Were supposed to go to UT in two weeks I think(again, going from a bad memory...) and were sched to play Tech and Ok St. That trip may not make I hear. The rest I really can't remember, but part of the reason it has not been published is that it is still somewhat fluid on the attendance and dates I think..... I do think we are scheduled to play in the Craig Ranch showcase/college tourney in March. I'll ask and pin this down for us all....including me.

How about an update on soccer....strong program for UNT...we need to bring back men's soccer to go with our strong women's program under Coach hedlund.

You know, I was going to do an analysis on NCAA qualifier womens teams that had benefit of men's teams on campus. Would surprise how much better those womens teams are that have men programs to train with or against. Never did it, guess I'll do that soon.... The UNT mens intramural club team was real good fall of 2005....My son was playing for SHSU intraclub in the 2005 fall and UNT ended up second I think in the inter-campus league (Tech won I think). But, it was a competitive team. Lot of local kids to choose from. Just not enough teams in this conference to play a conf sched. I think we would have a great team year over year in this recruiting region. Same as the girls have been. Blue chippers will always go East or West, but there are a lot of tier II men players that have nowhere to play and end their careers prematurely.