Mean Green In Seattle

sports88guy

i just wanted to let everyone know that the Mean Green nation is spreading throughout the country. i am a freshman at UNT and am home for the christmas break. after watching the Mavs beat the sonics i was with some friends at a burger place and was aproached by two women who saw my North Texas sweatshirt. one said she was an alum and the other said she had a brother graduating this year and was excited about all the improvements they have heard about there. i think its great to run into alums so far from campus who still love the school....just wanted to share this with everyone

i just wanted to let everyone know that the Mean Green nation is spreading throughout the country. i am a freshman at UNT and am home for the christmas break. after watching the Mavs beat the sonics i was with some friends at a burger place and was aproached by two women who saw my North Texas sweatshirt. one said she was an alum and the other said she had a brother graduating this year and was excited about all the improvements they have heard about there. i think its great to run into alums so far from campus who still love the school....just wanted to share this with everyone

Always good to hear that. I can also say I have seen people wearing North Texas stuff the past couple of days. Granted, I back home for the break also and I'm in Fort Worth but it's still good to see people wearing North Texas stuff consistently. GMG!

Awesome news. Rarely does a month go by that someone doesn't comment on something NT out in Los Angeles. Whether they know of the school, knew someone who went there, are from DFW, or are an alum themselves - seems like I get about 1 person a month that strikes up a convo with me.

Awesome news. Rarely does a month go by that someone doesn't comment on something NT out in Los Angeles. Whether they know of the school, knew someone who went there, are from DFW, or are an alum themselves - seems like I get about 1 person a month that strikes up a convo with me.

Wow, that's really intriguing. I love hearing people out of the state know who we are. It really does make you proud to be a NT Mean Green!

When I moved here last year, I knew there was a problem when I saw A&M, UT, and OU gear at grocery stores. I pondered the question, "why no UNT gear?" While I know we will never completely scare off the other institutions' local supporters, I truly hope that Mean Green pride takes over in the DFW area, and I find Mean Green gear at Albertsons. Then we will know we made it :D

Were they hot?

When you run across people like this, especially outside the metroplex, be sure to tell them to join the NT Exes. That way we can get them in the loop, keep them involved with the university and hopefully have them giving back in a few years!

http://www.ntexes.org

Edited by GMoney

Wow, that's really intriguing. I love hearing people out of the state know who we are. It really does make you proud to be a NT Mean Green!

Eagles are everywhere. :) Take about a month ago as the most recent example of what I was talking about. I was in a record store looking for Christmas stuff, and a man in his mid 50's noticed my NT hat and asked if I went there. I said I was an alumni, and he proceeded to tell me his son went to NT(a saxaphone player I think) and that he loved it despite being so far from home, and the weather being different. We spoke for about 3 minutes. Nice gentleman.

Anyways, Mean Green Nation definitely stretches throughout the US.

When you run across people like this, especially outside the metroplex, be sure to tell them to join the NT Exes. That way we can get them in the loop, keep them involved with the university and hopefully have them giving back in a few years!

http://www.ntexes.org

And/Or the Mean Green Club.