Snead considering visit to UNT !

MeanGreen61

SPORTS Colleges:

North Texas

Former Texas QB Snead considering visit to UNT

11:47 PM CST on Thursday, December 14, 2006

DENTON – Stephenville coach Chad Morris said former Texas quarterback Jevan Snead might add UNT to his list of schools. Snead has visited TCU and Houston and is scheduled to meet with coaches at Mississippi today. Morris said UNT's decision to hire Southlake Carroll's Todd Dodge, who will install a spread offense, caught Snead's interest

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SPORTS Colleges:

North Texas

Former Texas QB Snead considering visit to UNT

11:47 PM CST on Thursday, December 14, 2006

DENTON – Stephenville coach Chad Morris said former Texas quarterback Jevan Snead might add UNT to his list of schools. Snead has visited TCU and Houston and is scheduled to meet with coaches at Mississippi today. Morris said UNT's decision to hire Southlake Carroll's Todd Dodge, who will install a spread offense, caught Snead's interest

Do we need any more proof that we hired the right guy for the job at head coach than this? I'm not saying he should or he will come. And I'm probably leaning more towards the "we don't need him" category because I question his desire to earn a job. But just for the plain fact that a QB of this caliber that was highly recruited by Mack Brown is now "interested" because of the hire tells me we hired the right guy for head coach. Anyone still have recruiting concerns?

Rick

Too bad UNT hasnt had the new stadium ground breaking done or any progress on that front to show this superstar player

Another recruit, another missed opportunity.....Let's hope he can play for us......

How about a 10 million dollar athletic facility?

How about a new, upbeat coach to sell the program?

You sure did write us off quick on landing Snead. Boy howdy that's some school spirit.

Too bad UNT hasnt had the new stadium ground breaking done or any progress on that front to show this superstar player

Another recruit, another missed opportunity.....Let's hope he can play for us......

I'm surprised that you haven't started demanding that we need a newer, bigger arena for the basketball teams to play in.

How about a 10 million dollar athletic facility?

How about a new, upbeat coach to sell  the program?

You sure did write us off quick on landing Snead.  Boy howdy that's some school spirit.

What are you reading? I think Snead would make a great decision by coming here to UNT, he would work great for us and he would be playing for a promising up and coming team, with a coach that plays his type of ball...

"Too bad he cant see any progress being made on the stadium, breaking ground as of yet"

So if we're lucky in '08 we'll have our current triplets (Wilson, Phillips, and Meager) as Seniors, Snead as a Sophomore, and Riley Dodge as a Freshman. Hmmm, sounds interesting. Could be a nice redshirt year for Riley to develop as "The Man" for his Junior and Senior seasons!

And of course if things work out that way, Riley Dodge could play receiver for his Freshman and Sophomore seasons.

Rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming...

Would be a huge pickup for UNT. If Jevan is considering a school close to Stephenville, he can't do better than the one in Denton.

He can run, and he has a cannon. Would have the potential to be the top QB in the SBC. Would still have TV and big school games close enough for his parents to get to.

Would play opponents like the OU's, Rice's, Tulsa's, and BMOC's of the SBC, MAC, and CUSA.

Would be playing in an offensive system he knows well, for THE up and coming D1 college coach in Texas. UNT will be getting a LOT of exposure this year, and I know it would be a better fit for him than Cougar High or the Froggies.

I read the other day on GMG.com the comment about UNT having the front page of DCTF. I believe it's going to happen this year.

The Mean Green train is beginning to roll. Very good news, no matter what happens with Snead's transfer.

Do we need any more proof that we hired the right guy for the job at head coach than this?  I'm not saying he should or he will come.  And I'm probably leaning more towards the "we don't need him" category because I question his desire to earn a job. 

proof everyone is still "drunk" over this hiring. We dont need a 4 star recruit, that was regarded as one of the best QB prospects in the nation? Ok.

proof everyone is still "drunk" over this hiring. We dont need a 4 star recruit, that was regarded as one of the best QB prospects in the nation? Ok.

Not quite sure why FFR feels that way. Getting a Snead to transfer to UNT would be a coup over the other D1 schools in Texas, and serve notice to HS recruits that UNT is a serious D1 program, and that they should come play here. Would help legitimize TD's hire in the minds of many. Couldn't do anything but help the program.

It's bad timing, but if I'm RV or TD, I'm making phone calls with a red carpet ready to be rolled out.

Edited by LongJim

Are you always this negative?  He hasn't even visited the campus yet and you're already saying we missed out on him.

And to be honest does it really matter if he comes here. I think QB is one position we will be loaded at for at least the next 4-6 years. Now if this was a top OL prospect I would be excited about it.

Has Tune ever taken a snap as a QB for us....

We redshirted him this past year, so no, he's never taken a snap in a game. However, he was on the sidelines at every game, and supposedly was something to watch in practice.

From what I've heard, he's a sharp kid with an intuition about football. He earned one of the walk-on spots on the team last year with his work ethic and dedication - I wouldn't count him out of the mix.