Rumors and speculation

bigrobdsp

Last night I received a text message from a freind who has been realativly reliable on these matters in the past. He said that Rivals was reporting Todd Dodge to UNT. I cant find anything on this, but I know that he has access to some of the pay areas that I dont have a Rivals subscription for. Can someone who does have a subscription scour the website and tell me where this came from? I imagine if it were true that someone would have already posted it, but I can hope...

Edited by bigrobdsp

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd Dodge is by far the best option for the job for Publicity. Most NT alums live in the DFW area and Dodge will get the attention of all of them. He was the name my wife suggested when I told her Dickey was fired. And no she is not a football guru, her comment was something like "They should get that coach from Southlake Carroll who always wins"

Hopefully he gets the job and turns out to be the best man for the job.

UNSUBSTANIATED RUMOR ALERT!!!!

After somore digging, my source, quoting a "reliable sorce" assures me that there is a deal done and it will be anounced after the HS playoffs are completed. You may now begin your attack on me for posting complete crap, but know that I belive it and not just because I want to.

After somore digging, my source, quoting a "reliable sorce" assures me that there is a deal done and it will be anounced after the HS playoffs are completed. You may now begin your attack on me for posting complete crap, but know that I belive it and not just because I want to.

well, I'll deflect your attackers by saying that I hope this isn't true! biggrin.gif

who is this guy who has the "reliable source"?

If this is true, then I have only three words in reply:

Go Odessa Permian!

(never, ever thought I'd say that)

Why "Go Odessa Permian"?  Why not "Go Southlake"? 

Dodge gets past Permian, gets his state championship with his son, and is happy to move on to NT...

Permian wins and SLC's playoffs are over, NT announces the rumored signing, we get back on the recruiting trail.

If this is true, then I have only three words in reply:

Go Odessa Permian!

(never, ever thought I'd say that)

TURN BACK, UNTLIFER!

I don't care what it means. WE MUST NOT CHEER FOR PERMIAN. Permian or upside down in a vat of weevils? Weevils, please. Amazing how Friday Night Lightshad people thinking of the Mojo football machine as an underdog. Next thing we'll be rooting for Darth Vader or the Yankees. NO! This is your soul we're talking about, people!

he would be impressive as a coach... most impressive

And just think about it... if he ever had a down season we could always strike him down. Then he'd become more powerful than we could ever imagine...

EDIT: I have been told that it was actually Obi-Wan Kenobi who had that line. I now officially endorse him, too, as a possible coaching candidate.

And just think about it... if he ever had a down season we could always strike him down.  Then he'd become more powerful than we could ever imagine...

EDIT:  I have been told that it was actually Obi-Wan Kenobi who had that line.  I now officially endorse him, too, as a possible coaching candidate.

I bet we'd win every coin flip.