SMU Board on Dodge

Harry

These trustfund assholes know we're not NTSU anymore...

I hope if this did happen and Dodge did go to SMU, and SMU QB sticks to his emotional comments and does leave, that we are waiting to provide an opportunity for him. I'd take those SMU school record passing TD's this year as a bridge to our next heir apparent QB recruit. New coach and a new proven QB, would be a great coup!

Okay, so the Pony faithful are not genuises... That actually helps us here. The only reliable point made on that thread was that the new AD is the only one who hires the coach, so all that talk about Todd Dodge is worthless. The same could be said for what is being said here. We have to trust that RV will hire the right man for the job. I personally think that Todd Dodge is that guy, but I will trust RV if another coach is chosen.

Let's just be patient, and hope we get our guy.

GMG!!!

These trustfund assholes know we're not NTSU anymore...

For damn sure the (then) Governor of Texas who signed the bill that made us "The University of North Texas" has not forgotten what our name is, either; that governor? rolleyes.gif

The Honorable Bill Clements--SMU grad and Pony football letterman rolleyes.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Come on guys, can we stop with this Dodge crap already? How many years did we go after "up and comers" with no results? Luckily, you are not making the decision, Orisini is. This man knows how to win - by finding proven winers. Should we have skipped on Doherty and gone with a high school bball coach? Wake up.

Sounds like they need to find their new coach outside the liquor stores.

All that means is he'll drive down to Huntsville and play for SHSU.

Well, maybe not if Bomar ever resurfaces there.. he is enrolled on campus, my son goes there.....may be better than Bomar though....I think TCU is the risk, but I think UNT would be the best opportunity for "guaranteed" playtime.....

I think it funny that some do not understand that dodge does have college coaching experience. do some research.

I think its funny that people assume that his (admittedly unparalled) success at the highschool level all but assures him of being a can't miss at the DIVISION 1A level- when research (history) suggests the contrary. biggrin.gif

For the record, I dont think SMU is paying us any mind (rather, as much as many on this board seem to think) in this coaching search, and I do NOT believe any firing of Bennett has to do with North Texas or Dodge. But I tend to shy away from conspiracy theories... unsure.gif

Edited by Eagle1855

For damn sure the (then) Governor of Texas who signed the bill that made us "The University of North Texas" has not forgotten what our name is, either;  that governor? rolleyes.gif

The Honorable Bill Clements--SMU grad and Pony football letterman rolleyes.gif

From what I hear he also flipped a lot of bills for the Punies program during that time period.