RV: no plans to form a search committee

NT80

That was part of my whole original point. I think timing is important , with just RV making the call it could get done sooner I would think.

Your original point was that search comitees indicated that leadership was clueless and indicated a lack of leadership. You failed to mention anything about the speed at which a search committee can or cannot execute.

Let me get this right .... You were on the search committee & you didnt already know alot about UNT and athletics at the time ????

Now if you were from a different university I could see that. If your still here I have to guess that was not the case. Or did you come to Denton just to be on the search committee and fell in love with it sooo much that you are still here.

I had just graduated, and was not aware of how collegiate athletics worked. Being around something and understanding how it works are too dramatically different things.

C'mon Ken. NT03 is right. I have been corrected for spelling nurmorous times on this board. It is very aggrivating. I come to this board b/c I need break from school, not to get an "F" on my post from the "word police." Some of you don't realize how lame it is to correct posters for spelling. This is one sure fire way to keep the younger generation of Mean Green students off the board.

I'm only 28, and I have figured out at least how not to butcher the English language.

This is a State of Texas job opening. I expect the timelimes for hiring to be a result of the regulations for hiring in Texas (such as leaving the job open for 30 days). I don't think RV and the Pres can hurry this thing along any faster than that.

(Though I do expect a new coach to be in place before the NO Bowl.)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your original point was that search comitees indicated that leadership was clueless and indicated a lack of leadership.  You failed to mention anything about the speed at which a search committee can or cannot execute.

I had just graduated, and was not aware of how collegiate athletics worked.  Being around something and understanding how it works are too dramatically different things.

I'm only 28, and I have figured out at least how not to butcher the English language.

This is a State of Texas job opening.  I expect the timelimes for hiring to be a result of the regulations for hiring in Texas (such as leaving the job open for 30 days).  I don't think RV and the Pres can hurry this thing along any faster than that. 

(Though I do expect a new coach to be in place before the NO Bowl.)

Alan Ward hurried along the Tennis Position back in late 2000 and hired a coach with no postings or interviews that i remember, he certainly did not ask the previous coach his opinions on the direction of the program.

Crony-like decisions have given us Darryll Dickey.....and Mandy McKinley.

Let's have this hiring process open and competitive.

No So. Miss. cronies!

That's a weird pairing of people. Never thought anyone could make a meaningful sentence using both their names. I'm ready to die now.

You're a North Texas graduate and you've never seen, or have been exposed to, something weird? huh.gif

Haha - I didn't say weird roommates, creepy people in Bruce, or man exposing himself in the Chemistry building. Aren't I weird enough - I know I give myself the creeps sometimes?

I just said no one ever pairs those two together....

Here's another one.

George Dunham

JMGC girl

Committe's have given us..

Dennis Parker

a name change for our mascot (from Scrappy to the effeminate Eppy...thank you Stebo and co. for rectifying that situation)

Crony-like decisions have given us Darryll Dickey.....and Mandy McKinley.

Let's have this hiring process open and competitive.

No So. Miss. cronies!

Would anyone really be upset if our new HC comes from S. Miss? I wouldn't be. They've consistently been one of the top mid-majors for over 10 years (or so it seems). Obviously they know what they're doing down there....that, and they've always been well coached.---sheesh, they came up with the defense that basically ended DD's career at NT.

Would anyone really be upset if our new HC comes from S. Miss?  I wouldn't be.  They've consistently been one of the top mid-majors for over 10 years (or so it seems).  Obviously they know what they're doing down there....that, and they've always been well coached.---sheesh, they came up with the defense that basically ended DD's career at NT.

Southern Miss invented the goal line defense?

I've been doing that on NCAA video games for years. Hire me.

Would anyone really be upset if our new HC comes from S. Miss?  I wouldn't be.  They've consistently been one of the top mid-majors for over 10 years (or so it seems).  Obviously they know what they're doing down there....that, and they've always been well coached.---sheesh, they came up with the defense that basically ended DD's career at NT.

...as if it took rocket science to figure out DD's offense and then shut it down. They recruited better athletes than us, and then used them effectively.

I'm more impressed with DeLoach than the defensive coaches at So. Miss.

I had a nice conversation with Dr. B before the LaTech game. We are about the same age and from the same town but went to different high schools. At one point, she smiled and said "I hope we WIN today!". It registered as more than a casual comment at the time but I didn't know how interesting it would become a few days later. There must have been ongoing talks about the DD situation.

Yup, I was lucky enough to serve on the one to assist in finding RV.  I learned alot about UNT and athletics during that process.

They assume a minimum level of education at the Masters level.

Ahem...

2 words...

a lot

Thankyou...

Oh and on a previous post, you said timelimes, I assume you meant timelines.

I forgive you for your mistakes, but if you want to get right down to it, I suppose every post on a college football fan board can be ripped up.

Edited by MeanMag

Ahem...

2 words... 

a lot

Thankyou...

Oh and on a previous post, you said timelimes, I assume you meant timelines.

I forgive you for your mistakes, but if you want to get right down to it, I suppose every post on a college football fan board can be ripped up.

Who granted you word police duties? Forgiving him? C'mon. I already posted my thoughts on this early today in another thread, but I will say that this grammar correction stuff is ridiculous. You folks out there that have nothing better than to critique members' grammar and spelling desperately need to get a life.

Edited by chrisfisher

C'mon Ken. NT03 is right. I have been corrected for spelling nurmorous times on this board.  It is very aggrivating.  I come to this board b/c I need break from school, not to get an "F" on my post from the "word police." Some of you don't realize how lame it is to correct posters for spelling.  This is one sure fire way to keep the younger generation of Mean Green students off the board.

So, Mean Green Students "the younger generation", don't know how to spell, who's fault is that. While, I would agree it is "lame" to correct posters spelling, because we all know that typos do occur, it is also lame to give the "younger generation" a pass. Don't they teach spelling in grade school?

So, Mean Green Students  "the younger generation", don't know how to spell, who's fault is that.  While, I would agree it is "lame"  to correct posters spelling, because we all know that typos do occur, it is also lame to give the "younger generation" a pass.  Don't they teach spelling in grade school?

GEEZ Bill... Im was tryin to drop this whole tread !!!! Do you want me to point out all the mistakes that you made ? You have too many commas. You started a sentence out with Don't... That means you said : Do not they teach spelling in grade school ?? Huh ?? You used who's fault is that ??? that means who is fault is that ??? You also finished a sentence with a period not a question mark.

Let's all be honest here. For the future years to come spelling in our younger generations will only get worse. With kids using computers today , instead of the pencil and paper that most of us grew up on , they have the wonder of spell/grammer check to do all their work.

If anyone would like to go the the Grammer Police class for this board it's right after the " I suck my thumb class " and right before when the chess club meets.... sometime around 8 I think in the NW corner of the Sack and Save parking lot.

Edited by NT03

So, Mean Green Students  "the younger generation", don't know how to spell, who's fault is that.  While, I would agree it is "lame"  to correct posters spelling, because we all know that typos do occur, it is also lame to give the "younger generation" a pass.  Don't they teach spelling in grade school?

You aren't giving anyone a "pass." All you are doing is aggravating people. Youngsters spend an enormous amount of time on instant messenger, message boards, forums, etc. They have developed a shorthand language for their posts. I think you would drop dead of a heart attack if you read it. You will never get younger folks on this board with this stuff. The first time you correct them will the be the last time they come back. Personally, I do not come here to get graded (I get enough in my UNT doctoral program); rather to enjoy my time with other UNT supporters.

By the way Mr. Perfect Syntax, your critical analysis on youngsters’ poor use of the English language included a bit of its own: "Who's" is not only misspelled, it was used improperly. In reality, you stated, "who is fault is that." The correct word you were searching for is "whose." In addition, you ended that sentence with a period when asking a question. Of course, it should have ended with a question mark. But please, do not worry about it, I'm giving you a pass, and most of all, I forgive you.

Edited by chrisfisher

Whats instant messenger ??? ... is that something like Fed Ex lol

Damn... you guys just do not know when to stop. Please tell me your are joking. Somehow I fear not. Messenger is a Windows based instant messaging client (Yahoo, AOL, etc. all have instant messengers). Most anyone under the age of 30 uses it. It is built right into Windows XP... like magic... you should try it sometime... you can read up on it here.

Edited by chrisfisher

Whats instant messenger ??? ... is that something like Fed Ex lol

Damn... you guys just do not know when to stop. Please tell me your are joking. Somehow I fear not. Messenger is a Windows based instant messaging client (Yahoo, AOL, etc. all have instant messengers). Most anyone under the age of 30 uses it. It is built right into Windows XP... like magic... you should try it sometime... you can read up on it here.