Back from the game in Austin.......

FirefightnRick

It was an easy trip down and back to Austin but not an easy game to watch and there were certainly few surprises for me. Typical offense for the Mean Green against a faster opponent. Way too typical. We blow two opportunities to put points on the board but the worse of it for me was our chance down on the goal line when we AGAIN have to call a @#$#@$# time out to prevent a delay of game penalty giving Texas time to prepare. Then of course we attempt to run around one of the quickest run defenses in the land while they were in goal line?

Positives:

Our defense played 2/3rds of the game and played hard the whole way through. They seem to have some fight in them this year unlike the past year so I look forward to seeing good things from them. This gives me the greatest hope.

Truman Spencer.....great leg today. Very impressive. 41.3 yard average with a long of 53.

Joel Nwigwe beating the Texas defense deep......twice. We have speed on this team. I wished we could put it to use?

Overall it was a hot, sweaty packed-in-like-sardines day. Had our offense taken advantage of their opportunities this could have been a much better game for us. I feel much better going into the SMU game but this will be the best SMU team we have seen since the the early 80's.

My rant:

Wy can't we move the damn ball? You might say, "Well stupid, we were playing God's gift to defensive football today, what do you expect?". I expect to move the ball. That's what I expect. I expect us to gain some yardage, regardless of who is on the field. I expect us to be prepared with an offensive game plan that gives the other team something to think about. I don't expect us to have a day of 6 first downs and 96 total yards. I've watched this offense sputter against the ranked teams, the unranked teams and worse, for 8 years now and it's rarely been anywhere to the point of potent. There has been such a sorry trend of poor planning, non imaginative offensive planning during these OOC games that it's sickening. Not sure I can take it any more? We had 9 total yards in the first half? Are you kidding me? And to all those of you who I spoke with today who seem to be at ease with this. I want you all to remember what you said to me this next saturday, and against Tulsa and against La Tech. I haven't come to my conclusion simply based on ONE game as some think. I have watched this for years. I snap when I see us again, for what appears to be on average of 2 times per game for 8 years now, in which we either get a delay of game penalty because we can't get the play in on time, or we have to burn a timeout to prevent getting a delay of game penalty. When will this EVER FREAKING END? WHEN? But that's just a tiny part of it. I'm sick of seeing people like Texas, TCU or even Nicholls State bringing 8 and 9 man fronts and seeing us run right at them. When will we get an offensive coordinator/head coach that understands this is an

ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does it not bother anyone else that each and every year we seem to never be able to move the ball consistently when other programs at our level or below can? I don't expect gawdy numbers, but damn why can we never seem to move the ball and gain some yards, convert some 1st downs and keep our defense off the field for more than 3 plays?

Some stats of interest from today put up by other programs who seem to have similar expectations as I do:

N. Illinois...............15 First Downs, 343 yards vs #1 Ohio State

Marshall.................16 First Downs, 322 yards vs #5 West Virginia

S. Miss...................18 First Downs, 296 yards vs #7 Florida

UAB........................14 First Downs, 301 yards vs #10 Oklahoma

W. Kentuck(1-AA)....12 First Downs, 193 yards vs #15 Georgia

Montana(1-AA).........11 First Downs, 144 yards vs #16 Iowa

Northeastern(1-AA)......15 First Downs, 207 yards vs #17 Virginia Tech

Florida Atlantic.........18 First Downs, 213 yards vs #18 Clemson

Akron.....................18 First Downs, 225 yards vs #19 Penn State

La Tech...................13 First Downs, 305 yards vs #20 Nebraska

N. Arizona(1-AA)......13 First Downs, 312 yards vs #24 Arizona State

Idaho.......................17 First Downs, 264 yards vs Michigan State

Montana(1-AA).........16 First Downs, 294 yards beats Colorado

Illinois St.(1-AA).......21 First Downs, 346 yards in a 1 point loss to Kansas State. ISU lost by 1 because they did not convert on a 2 point try.

North Texas.............6 First Downs, 96 yards vs #2 Texas

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

You're right. I'd like to blame it all on Flannigan's play calling, but the buck stops with Dickey. We have a lot of offensive talent on this team, but they somehow found a way to waste it and come up with only one drive in 60 minutes of football. The opening drive of the second half was beautiful. Tough opponent or not, why could they not even come close to duplicating that drive later in the game, or for that matter, why could they come up with NOTHING in the first half? Coaching. Plain and simply coaching.

Don't get me wrong. I don't attend these OOC games expecting to lose but I'm realistic just the same. I've seen NT teams with good, consistent offense before with MUCH LESS talent than what we currently have today. MUCH LESS!!!!!!! So that is what I have to go by in expectations. Be competitive and entertaining, plain and simple. You ask why couldn't we continue with the 80 yard drive? Not sure but why in hell would you put the QB that lead that drive on the bench the next series? Doesn't that break up the momentum and cohesion you just built up? When your at a 3rd and 1 situation why hand off 3 yards deep when the opponent has been getting ruthless penetration all day, and ending up with a 4th and 6th? You complete a pass to JQ for 7 yards then go right back to a slow hand off up the middle for a loss of 2?

Answer those questions and you can probably answer the first one. When Tulsa completed the first 2 passes to Mills last year over the middle, did you think that was it for that kid to recieve any more? No and neither did Tulsa. They threw to him 6 more times for 143 yards with the same crossing route all night long and tore us a new ass. I figured their OC thought, "lets see if they can stop it?" We couldn't, so they kept throwing it to him.

Pulling hair out!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

FFR, I read this board often, but probably don't post as often as I should. I realize that alot of people listen to your blather on this board and appear to respect it simply because you wear a pretty green firefighter hat. I'm tired of reading your posts that insinuate that you are a mean green fan. Lets face it, we were outclassed. They ARE the defending national champions and they played like it. They have a great defence (IMO, mostly thier DEs and LBs), but go back and watch this game. Don't blame the coaching for the gameplan or the 'non-imaginative' offense. I liked the playcalls -- the execution simply stunk. Stop blaming Dickey and the coaching staff.

All in all I would say your post may have been the most anti-North Texas post I have seen in a while. I made the trip to the last NT-Texas game, but chose to watch this one on TV. I challenge you to go back and watch the game again -- the playcalling was NOT the problem. Sure its easy to throw the coaches under the (broken-down) bus, but take a realistic look at that game. The coaching was not the biggest problem -- it was the players performance.

And all these people I see complaining offensively about our O-line (C,OG,OT) can go watch the game again as well. Their DEs and thier mobile outside LBs were what killed us offensively, not the interior lineman (or playcalling). Going into this game, I thought Phillips was the guy (I went to both spring and fall scrimages). I now know better.

I'd say coming out of this game, we should be playing Wilson as QB, because of his mobility and overall athleticism at the position. We should see more of Henderson as FB and more I. Thomas on the Dline. Our TE play (mostly blocking) needs to be improved. Thats my .02 cents.

FFR, I read this board often, but probably don't post as often as I should.  I realize that alot of people listen to your blather on this board and appear to respect it simply because you wear a pretty green firefighter hat.  I'm tired of reading your posts that insinuate that you are a mean green fan.  Lets face it, we were outclassed.  They ARE the defending national champions and they played like it.  They have a great defence (IMO, mostly thier DEs and LBs), but go back and watch this game.  Don't blame the coaching for the gameplan or the 'non-imaginative' offense.  I liked the playcalls -- the execution simply stunk.  Stop blaming Dickey and the coaching staff.

All in all I would say your post may have been the most anti-North Texas post I have seen in a while.  I made the trip to the last NT-Texas game, but chose to watch this one on TV.  I challenge you to go back and watch the game again -- the playcalling was NOT the problem.  Sure its easy to throw the coaches under the (broken-down) bus, but take a realistic look at that game.  The coaching was not the biggest problem -- it was the players performance.

And all these people I see complaining offensively about our O-line (C,OG,OT) can go watch the game again as well.  Their DEs and thier mobile outside LBs were what killed us offensively, not the interior lineman (or playcalling).  Going into this game, I thought Phillips was the guy (I went to both spring and fall scrimages).  I now know better. 

I'd say coming out of this game, we should be playing Wilson as QB, because of his mobility and overall athleticism at the position.  We should see more of Henderson as FB and more I. Thomas on the Dline.  Our TE play (mostly blocking) needs to be improved.  Thats my .02 cents.

This is a good post but then I can see FFR frustration. We all want a better NT team but there are so many factors that are involved.

I don't know if more money in a stadium or athletics dept will help. Didn't University of Houston get a large athletics donation for football some years ago and just where they are.

I do remember in 1978 at my first NT vs UT we gave them a heck of a game.

I do see that when we lose a few of out top talent, it just hard to replace them and then UT has endless talent with their 3rd and 4th string.

It was an easy trip down and back to Austin but not an easy game to watch and there were certainly few surprises for me.  Typical offense for the Mean Green against a faster opponent.  Way too typical.  We blow two opportunities to put points on the board but the worse of it for me was our chance down on the goal line when we AGAIN have to call a @#$#@$# time out to prevent a delay of game penalty giving Texas time to prepare.  Then of course we attempt to run around one of the quickest run defenses in the land while they were in goal line?

Positives:

Our defense played 2/3rds of the game and played hard the whole way through.  They seem to have some fight in them this year unlike the past year so I look forward to seeing good things from them.  This gives me the greatest hope.

Truman Spencer.....great leg today.  Very impressive. 41.3 yard average with a long of 53.

Joel Nwigwe beating the Texas defense deep......twice.  We have speed on this  team.  I wished we could put it to use?

Overall it was a hot, sweaty packed-in-like-sardines day.  Had our offense taken advantage of their opportunities this could have been a much better game for us.  I feel much better going into the SMU game but this will be the best SMU team we have seen since the the early 80's.

My rant:

Wy can't we move the damn ball?  You might say, "Well stupid, we were playing God's gift to defensive football today, what do you expect?".  I expect to move the ball.  That's what I expect.  I expect us to gain some yardage, regardless of who is on the field.  I expect us to be prepared with an offensive game plan that gives the other team something to think about.  I don't expect us to have a day of 6 first downs and 96 total yards.  I've watched this offense sputter against the ranked teams, the unranked teams and worse, for 8 years now and it's rarely been anywhere to the point of potent.  There has been such a sorry trend of poor planning, non imaginative offensive planning during these OOC games that it's sickening.  Not sure I can take it any more?  We had 9 total yards in the first half?  Are you kidding me?  And to all those of you who I spoke with today who seem to be at ease with this.  I want you all to remember what you said to me this next saturday, and against Tulsa and against La Tech.  I haven't come to my conclusion simply based on ONE game as some think.  I have watched this for years.  I snap when I see us again, for what appears to be on average of 2 times per game for 8 years now, in which we either get a delay of game penalty because we can't get the play in on time, or we have to burn a timeout to prevent getting a delay of game penalty.  When will this EVER FREAKING END?  WHEN?  But that's just a tiny part of it.  I'm sick of seeing people like Texas, TCU or even Nicholls State bringing 8 and 9 man fronts and seeing us run right at them.  When will we get an offensive coordinator/head coach that understands this is an

ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does it not bother anyone else that each and every year we seem to never be able to move the ball consistently when other programs at our level or below can?  I don't expect gawdy numbers, but damn why can we never seem to move the ball and gain some yards, convert some 1st downs and keep our defense off the field for more than 3 plays?

Some stats of interest from today put up by other programs who seem to have similar expectations as I do:

N. Illinois...............15 First Downs, 343 yards  vs  #1 Ohio State

Marshall.................16 First Downs, 322 yards  vs  #5 West Virginia

S. Miss...................18 First Downs,  296 yards  vs  #7 Florida

UAB........................14 First Downs,  301 yards vs #10 Oklahoma

W. Kentuck(1-AA)....12 First Downs,  193 yards vs  #15 Georgia

Montana(1-AA).........11 First Downs,  144 yards vs #16 Iowa

Northeastern(1-AA)......15 First Downs, 207 yards  vs  #17 Virginia Tech

Florida Atlantic.........18 First Downs, 213 yards  vs  #18 Clemson

Akron.....................18 First Downs,  225 yards  vs  #19 Penn State

La Tech...................13 First Downs, 305 yards  vs  #20 Nebraska

N. Arizona(1-AA)......13 First Downs, 312 yards  vs  #24 Arizona State

Idaho.......................17 First Downs, 264 yards  vs  Michigan State

Montana(1-AA).........16 First Downs, 294 yards  beats Colorado 

Illinois St.(1-AA).......21 First Downs, 346 yards in a 1 point loss to Kansas State.  ISU lost by 1 because they did not convert on a 2 point try.

North Texas.............6 First Downs, 96 yards vs #2 Texas

Rick

And Montana St. beat U of C.

FFR, I read this board often, but probably don't post as often as I should.  I realize that alot of people listen to your blather on this board and appear to respect it simply because you wear a pretty green firefighter hat.  I'm tired of reading your posts that insinuate that you are a mean green fan.  Lets face it, we were outclassed.  They ARE the defending national champions and they played like it.  They have a great defence (IMO, mostly thier DEs and LBs), but go back and watch this game.  Don't blame the coaching for the gameplan or the 'non-imaginative' offense.  I liked the playcalls -- the execution simply stunk.  Stop blaming Dickey and the coaching staff.

All in all I would say your post may have been the most anti-North Texas post I have seen in a while.  I made the trip to the last NT-Texas game, but chose to watch this one on TV.  I challenge you to go back and watch the game again -- the playcalling was NOT the problem.  Sure its easy to throw the coaches under the (broken-down) bus, but take a realistic look at that game.  The coaching was not the biggest problem -- it was the players performance.

And all these people I see complaining offensively about our O-line (C,OG,OT) can go watch the game again as well.  Their DEs and thier mobile outside LBs were what killed us offensively, not the interior lineman (or playcalling).  Going into this game, I thought Phillips was the guy (I went to both spring and fall scrimages).  I now know better. 

I'd say coming out of this game, we should be playing Wilson as QB, because of his mobility and overall athleticism at the position.  We should see more of Henderson as FB and more I. Thomas on the Dline.  Our TE play (mostly blocking) needs to be improved.  Thats my .02 cents.

Are you kidding me? 1st quarter 3rd and a long goal we run try to run it up the middle on a stacked line, WTF?

TOTAL of 6 first downs, and total of 95 offensive yards, that is total BS(and I don't mean a Bachelor's of Science) I expect more from a D1aa program.

Unless you are a Soccor mom with your grade school kids on the field saying, "they are all winners because they try!"

Edited by KingDL1

Go back to your closet and cheer for some more mediocrity b/c that is what you're accpeting and anyone who questions a 49 pt loss is just b***hing. It happens once ok fine just a game but this happens 2x a year for the past 8 years basically. It gets old, but hey we are all winners!!

you wear a pretty green firefighter hat.  I'm tired of reading your posts that insinuate that you are a mean green fan.

No, we listen to his posts becuase he is a first class UNT fan. We respect him because he potentially puts his life on the line evertime he wears a red firefgighter's helmet.

Lets face it, we were outclassed.

No, we got our butts handed to us. Class is something different, and may or may not have anythign to do with athleticism.

I read this board often, but probably don't post as often as I should.

Congratualtions, you have mastered literacy. Maybe next time you post, you can take time out to insult a different poster (maybe SilverEagle, Harry, or even Glad to be Green).

Yes there were mistakes and numerous issues/problems that could have, would have changed the score at the end. Bottom line, not realistic that we would have won the game. We just played the defending National Champions who happen to have a shot at repeating and we were in their house. Really tough odds.

What I liked (as already noted by several) was the fight the Team had and the fact that I did not see any players lay down/quit at any point. I am excited about the future of UNT football. With the facilities improvements, we will be more competitive recruiting. How awesome would it be to play the Texas' and OUs' in the NEAR future and have a legitimate chance to upset them!!

Let's all stay positive and do our part!!!

PS. quality recruits may be reading these posts

I realize that alot of people listen to your blather on this board and appear to respect it simply because you wear a pretty green firefighter hat.

Yeah, that is it, it is the green firefighter hat. Make your statements, but don't discount one of the most supportive fans we have.

In a program where support is well below expectation, you should not be calling out fans that have stood along the side of the Mean Green like Rick and several others on this board have.

Lets all go BEAT THE HELL OUT OF SMU!

I realize that alot of people listen to your blather on this board and appear to respect it simply because you wear a pretty green firefighter hat.

We respect Rick because not only is he a great FAN, he is a great FRIEND. But throw friendship aside. If you look along the sidelines of any home game, you will see our few precious traditions still in place BECAUSE of Rick. The Model A, the cannon, and even the freaking flag that we run after we score... those are just a few things that I know for a FACT would not be in place if not for the hard work and diligence of my friend Rick. Throw in the tailgating parties, a fan spirit shop that pushed the department to get with the program for spirit items, and the tens of thousands of dollars that he has single handedly raised and spent and you are really bitching about the wrong MAN.

Here is a quick lesson for you on this man's character. After a 2-9 season, most of our fans decided to take the offseason to reflect and heal. Rick raised $2K by going straight to the President of the school. Once granted - nobody wanted to actually cut the check... He took that on as a challenge and lobbied to get the money released for the next few months. Finally, when the check was cut - he didn't announce it on this board... he took it and went to work building a new accessory for the cannon. The man has done abuot $15K bucks worth of handywork (by himself) - turning that $2K into a new tradition that will roll out onto the sidelines of the SMU game. I can't think of another human that is more generous than Rick when it comes to NT and his time, blood, sweat, and tears.

There are a lot of people that you can attack on this board and I will keep my mouth shut. Hell, you could even attack me - I am not half the fan that Rick is. There are but a dozen fans that are truly diehard NT fans - Harry, LoRo, Rick, Silver, Brad and Vickie, Denny, Adler, Soundman... they are untouchable in my book.

Back off man.

---They (Texas) were that much better than we are and I had no complaints this time with the coaching or play calling. We passed some and got their defense off the line of scrimmage which has been my complaint in the past (especially in the So. Miss Bowl game).

---A lot of folks will lose to the Horns and will look about the same as we did while doing it, You (FFR) weren't listening to TV (obviously since you where there) but as they said: "Texas no longer recruits ----- they now select the players they want out of the state of Texas which has a large amount of talent ). In any state the university with the state name has a big advantage in recruiting and we have the most talently state of them all plus we have a large population.

--- On TV it looked as if our players played their hearts out and they had good support from the coaching staff.... I am proud of them even though they lost...... For what it is worth I am from Midland/Odessa and grew up in Brownwood .... I am used to seeing winning teams..... just some times you are just outmatched and just can't win.

--Keep your chins and we we get them this week!!!!

-- SMU needs to lose.

Thanks for the props guys.

To reiterate I was not bagging on the effort of the players by any means and I believe I stated it clearly that I saw promise. What bothers me is the too many years trend of a lack of imagination and ability to move the football against named OOC teams when others can, plus the surprise attack that always seems upon us whenever we somehow get the ball in good field position in which we can't get personell in or we can't get the play called and end up running out of time and either getting a penalty or taking a TO to avoid one. I believe the posted stats from yesterday's national games speak for themselves in favor of my concern, but that's just me. In '02 I don't think we crossed the 50, maybe once against Texas. I know we gained 145 yards but I doubt we had 8 first downs. The fd stats from that year are not available. But going back to '03 would you like to guess which opponent has gained the fewest production in yards and first downs against tU? It wasn't New Mexico State, not Rice, not Baylor, not Tulane or even Louisiana Lafayette against the national champions last year? It's a tie, between North Texas in '04 and North Texas in '06.

Excuse me won't you, that after these past 20 years of Mean Green support that I have an oppinion, but I've seen us do better in the past and I expect better now.

Again, I'm not asking we beat these people although I have seen that before by the team in Green. All I'm asking for is some consistence in offensive production and some imagination, which seems to me should be second nature by two successful past college QB's.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

There are a lot of people that you can attack on this board and I will keep my mouth shut.  Hell, you could even attack me - I am not half the fan that Rick is.  There are but a dozen fans that are truly diehard NT fans - Harry, LoRo, Rick, Silver, Brad and Vickie, Denny, Adler, Soundman... they are untouchable in my book. 

Back off man.

Amen! Well...except for LoRo. smile.gif

Edited by JayDub

We respect Rick because not only is he a great FAN, he is a great FRIEND.  But throw friendship aside.  If you look along the sidelines of any home game, you will see our few precious traditions still in place BECAUSE of Rick.  The Model A, the cannon, and even the freaking flag that we run after we score... those are just a few things that I know for a FACT would not be in place if not for the hard work and diligence of my friend Rick.  Throw in the tailgating parties, a fan spirit shop that pushed the department to get with the program for spirit items, and the tens of thousands of dollars that he has single handedly raised and spent and you are really bitching about the wrong MAN. 

Here is a quick lesson for you on this man's character.  After a 2-9 season, most of our fans decided to take the offseason to reflect and heal.  Rick raised $2K by going straight to the President of the school.  Once granted - nobody wanted to actually cut the check... He took that on as a challenge and lobbied to get the money released for the next few months.  Finally, when the check was cut - he didn't announce it on this board... he took it and went to work building a new accessory for the cannon.  The man has done abuot $15K bucks worth of handywork (by himself) - turning that $2K into a new tradition that will roll out onto the sidelines of the SMU game.  I can't think of another human that is more generous than Rick when it comes to NT and his time, blood, sweat, and tears.

There are a lot of people that you can attack on this board and I will keep my mouth shut.  Hell, you could even attack me - I am not half the fan that Rick is.  There are but a dozen fans that are truly diehard NT fans - Harry, LoRo, Rick, Silver, Brad and Vickie, Denny, Adler, Soundman... they are untouchable in my book. 

Back off man.

Great Post Steve......

Rick is truly a great guy and the best UNT fan on any given day...

I understand everyone's concerns they want what best for the program, we all do. It gets very frustrating when that doesnt happen. Let's gear up for the grandaddy of them SMU.....

As for the missed tackles, I believe those were due to a combination of bad positioning (see the reaching arm tackle attempts) and Texas' speed. I don't think it was due to a lack of effort. Our secondary coach really needs to teach the safeties how to get into better position.

As for the poor offense showing, I do attribute most of this to play calling. Dickey said that Texas didn't do anything "fancy" on defense - that may be true, but they did stack the line, kept the linebackers very tight, and did run a few run blitzes. Here are the facts - you're not going to run the ball successfully against a very good defense that simply has no respect for your passing game.

I may be wrong, but were most of our negative running plays when we were running out of a one-back set? I hate losing a receiver, but we may have to keep a fullback in the game to at least get a block on the blitzing MLB or safety.

Also, I would like to see us incorporate some more "quick" passing plays. It seems that all of our passing plays take sooooo long to develop. A decent way to beat a stacked-line defense is to run some quick slants and fly patterns - something that develops quickly and gets the ball into the hands of our fast receivers.

Also, I would like to see us incorporate some more "quick" passing plays.  It seems that all of our passing plays take sooooo long to develop.  A decent way to beat a stacked-line defense is to run some quick slants and fly patterns - something that develops quickly and gets the ball into the hands of our fast receivers.

Seems like this subject has come up every year.....for the past nine years. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. wink.gif

Great Post Steve......

Rick is truly a great guy and the best UNT fan on any given day...

Steve's post got me laughing because it's similar to those Geico commercials. The standard description vs the celebrity's version.

Standard version: "FirefightnRick is a great fan."

Stebo's version: "I can't think of another human that is more generous than Rick when it comes to NT and his time, blood, sweat, and tears."

That's funny I don't care who you are.

Rick

Guest Aquila_Viridis

...  There are but a dozen fans that are truly diehard NT fans ... 

And there is the problem: the fact that the diehard fans are so few. Until our school gets out of the small club mentality, we can all continue to wonder why we even play this type of game (notwithstanding the revenue). In that stadium Saturday, or walking around before or after, it just hits you in the face.

What is the University of North Texas doing to reach out to all those millions of people in the endless neighborhoods that have been built north of Dallas in the last few years, to develop an affinity? Every time I fly over the ever-burgeoning labyrinths of neighborhoods down there, I just want to ask them to let me out so I can parachute down on UNT admin and ask if they have ever seen it from that perspective. HOW IN THE WORLD CAN WE CONTINUE TO BE SO SMALL TIME???? They say it in their own publications - 'strength in numbers'. What are they doing to capitalize on that strength?

Edited by Aquila_Viridis

And there is the problem: the fact that the diehard fans are so few.  Until our school gets out of the small club mentality, we can all continue to wonder why we even play this type of game (notwithstanding the revenue). In that stadium Saturday, or walking around before or after, it just hits you in the face.

What is the University of North Texas doing to reach out to all those millions of people in the endless neighborhoods that have been built north of Dallas in the last few years, to develop an affinity? Every time I fly over the ever-burgeoning labyrinths of neighborhoods down there, I just want to ask them to let me out so I can parachute down on UNT admin and ask if they have ever seen it from that perspective. HOW IN THE WORLD CAN WE CONTINUE TO BE SO SMALL TIME???? They say it in their own publications - 'strength in numbers'. What are they doing to capitalize on that strength?

Good post.