game thoughts

OldTimer

2nd QT 0 to 21...NT just intercepted pass Bush, then had to call time out to prevent delay of game penalty...the first such penalty.

NT has had 2 breaks...a pass interception on about our 5, a bobled kickoff on UT whick we got to their 5 and couldn't score...blocked FG.

1:44 minutes left in the half..NT has only 1 first down and that was on a penalty.

NT had a couple of runs just before the half...maybe another 15 yds gained by Wilson.

Halftime score 0-28 NT has 6 yds net offense in first half.

JaMO not effective on 2 end sweeps....UT just too fast .

*******************************Wow...

NT driving the ball down to abaout UT 25..then penalty on Lineberry Wood Wilson moving the team ...Ja Mo runs to 13...at least 2 -1st downs, long pass... completed by Woody to Jackson.

NT on the 13 2nd and 9 TD pass to Branndon Jackson...pass from woody. 88 yd drive against Texas....

We've got our QB unless DD puts Meager in next game...

Phillips starts 2nd half...3 and out.

Isaac Thomas stops run for loss on outside...but has 2 off side penalites. Now Thomas's 3rd off side penalty.

NT 7 UT 42 with 26 seconds in 3rd QTR.

Blaslt it...another delay of game penalty after NT 1st down.then fumble by Wilson recovered by UT at NT's 29

Edited by OldTimer

new year same ole team.

20 plays and 6 Total Yards

Defense still playing soft zone that any opponent can pick apart. Every heard of wrapping up the runner instead of arm tackling.

No throws to Quinn at all if he is even playing hard to tell.

No pressure on the QB what so ever by UNT

No O-Line blocking whatsoever for UNT

Will be a long year, UT obviously is very good but so far we look very mediocre, but wilson should be the QB of choice he can at least move.

sad.gif

Seems like the talent gap just keeps getting bigger every couple of years between these teams.

It is almost as if there is no offensive line at all for NT. Jamario does not even have a chance back there.

6 total yards in a 1/2 of football. Amazing. Right now the offense looks like a Division III school going against UT.

There is simply nothing DD or any of the coaches can do. It is men against boys today.

Still, I give them all credit for trying. The NT players are playing hard, especially the defense.

Edited by akriesman

Remember guys, this is the National Champion. There are more positives in the first half so far than there were two years ago. Some of the new faces on D are looking decent (Washington, Dawson, Bush). Chapman has a TFL, we've been hitting hard at times. Jamario will break some BIG runs this year against teams without an NFL defense. Most teams will have trouble moving the ball against Texas this season. Stay positive.

I think the D is playing very well considering they've been in for most of teh 1st half. 3 and outs from our O don't give them enough rest.

Remember, these are the defending national champions. Moral victories suck a fat one, but I think NT looks way better than teh game 2 years ago.

Edited by Got5onIt

There is simply nothing DD or any of the coaches can do.    It is men against boys today.

Still, I give them all credit for trying.  The NT players are playing hard, especially the defense.

Sorry, but I can not agree completely with your reference that there is nothing DD or the other coaches can do. Every year you see many of the top teams playing “money” games like this and many of the “underdogs” are at least competitive.

Hard to tell considering the opponent...

Lines are not going to hold up against the UT Beef no matter what.

The only way to pressure their QB is to Blitz, which is not in DD's playbook.

They must run to the outside with J-mo, but don't be so damn predictable

Woody can run, but needs to look down the field as well. He decides to run as soon as there is any pressure and does not even look to dump the ball. Given there is a LOT of pressure.

The Run D looks good and Pass D has also been ok other than the 1st TD.

Dumb penalties as usual

Our defense looks better...so I'm somewhat encouraged there.

The offense however is as painful as ever to watch. We still do nothing innovative on offense to get the ball to our skill guys in open space. Th Longhorn D is really good and really fast but as others have mentioned, there are plenty of non BCS schools that play these types of games that have offensive systems in place that actually give them a chance to score points.

It gets old watching the three and outs every series.

Is it a knee jerk to be completely baffled by re-inserting Phillips immediately after WW led NT on perhaps the most impressive drive in a couple of years?

Wha...?

Completely agree - right after we scored, I JOKINGLY said to my g/f - watch, Dickey will put Phillips back in just to be "fair"... I had no idea that he would actually go through with such an asinine idea. I am completely baffled.